Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glasgow 1982
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 2, 2020 14:24

[www.ina.fr]

around 2.30 a proshot snippet from GLASGOW made by TF1 french TV.
Thank you public service INA

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-02 14:27 by toomuchforme.

Re: Glasgow 1982
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 2, 2020 15:45

I was at that warm-up gig in the Apollo May 1982 my first ever Stones gig. Ticket was just printed as 'The Concert' cost £6. Night before the Scotland V England game and Mick pulled on a Scotland shirt. Brilliant, intimate show in a long gone legendary venue.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: July 2, 2020 16:06

ROLLINGSTONE
Night before the Scotland V England game and Mick pulled on a Scotland shirt.

A Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt in front of an English audience. Actually, a Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt. Period

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 2, 2020 19:12

Was at that one. Was lucky enough to get great seats. Great show!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2020 19:15

Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

A Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt in front of an English audience. Actually, a Scotsman would never pull on an England shirt. Period

Agreed! So, this didn’t happen?

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 08:52

[pbs.twimg.com]

Looks like it did happen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 08:52 by matsumoto33.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 3, 2020 10:23

WOW! Apollo 1982! Imagine if they would have this one released!!! MINT Picture and sound quality as well! YUMMY!!!!!smiling bouncing smiley

The news snippet did a disturbing mistake though, pointing out Mick Taylor as Brian in Taylor's first photo session with the lads in 1969grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-03 10:37 by MadMax.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 3, 2020 13:43

I was there too . Great memories I wish the whole concert was available in this fantastic quality.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 3, 2020 15:17

hickorywind
I was there too . Great memories I wish the whole concert was available in this fantastic quality.

Have seen this clip before and have got it saved...somewhere. Shot with a single camera from one of the boxes overlooking the stage (Keith's side), opening number. Photographer probably had to leave after the usual three songs, so maybe a little more footage in existence somewhere. Seeing Stu in this reminds me of him checking things out onstage - including Mick's microphone - before the band came on with few in the audience recognising him, appreciating his significance and contributions to the band.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2020 03:49

Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

A Scotsman would never say 'period' either. He'd say 'full stop'. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2020 03:53

Big Al
Captain Teague
ROLLINGSTONE

Agreed! So, this didn’t happen?

he's not saying that. He's just comparing the two scenarios.

It DID happen. If I recall right, Mick also correctly predicted the score of the game the next day (England won 1-0).

Although maybe that was at the Edinburgh show? It took place on May 28th, the England-Scotland game was May 29th. The Glasgow show was the 27th.

He had a good record with predictions that summer. When the Stones played Turin on the day of the World Cup Final, he predicted that Italy would beat West Germany 3-1.

They did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-04 03:56 by Gazza.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 4, 2020 04:41

teleblaster
hickorywind

Have seen this clip before and have got it saved...somewhere. Shot with a single camera from one of the boxes overlooking the stage (Keith's side), opening number. Photographer probably had to leave after the usual three songs, so maybe a little more footage in existence somewhere. Seeing Stu in this reminds me of him checking things out onstage - including Mick's microphone - before the band came on with few in the audience recognising him, appreciating his significance and contributions to the band.

Very much agree with the Stu comment!!!!!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 4, 2020 04:56

They call Mick Taylor Brian Jones smoking smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 5, 2020 06:41

Ouch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home