Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Havana Moon" coming to US/Canada Drive-Ins July 10
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2020 01:21

CineLife Entertainment Brings The Rolling Stones: Havana Moon Concert Experience To Drive-in Movie Theatres This Summer

NEW YORK, June 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- CineLife Entertainment®, a division of Spotlight Cinema Networks, today announced the drive-in theatre rollout of The Rolling Stones: Havana Moon, a concert filmed in Havana, Cuba in 2016. The company will partner with UK content provider Eagle Rock to bring this film to drive-in theatres across the U.S. and Canada for an exclusive summer concert experience beginning July 10, 2020, observing specific state reopening guidelines.

The Rolling Stones: Havana Moon documents The Rolling Stones' free March 2016 concert at Ciudad Deportiva de la Habana sports complex, which had an estimated 500,000-person audience. This marked a landmark event for rock n' roll in Cuba, as the genre was banned for decades following the Cuban revolution. As restrictions relaxed amongst lessened political tensions, The Rolling Stones performed the country's largest open-air rock concert ever, which came five days after sitting U.S. President Barack Obama's first visit to the country.

This film, directed by Paul Dugdale and produced by Simon Fisher previously had a one-night international theatre premiere, and debuted in the U.S. on STARZ. On July 10, 2020, the film will debut in drive-in theatres across the United States and Canada.

Director Paul Dugdale stated, "I'm so thrilled that Havana Moon has found its way back onto the big screen, particularly during such a strange time for live music. The Rolling Stones concert was the first of its kind in Havana, and I hope the unprecedented absence of live music during the COVID-19 crisis means this film brings almost as much elation and joy to those watching it now through CineLife as it did the people of Havana back on that special night. Turn it up loud!"

"We think this is the perfect opportunity to bring the Rolling Stones to drive-in theatres everywhere for the first time ever. The Rolling Stones are an iconic band and drive-in theatres will provide a unique experience for audiences everywhere. We couldn't be more thrilled to launch this new film this summer, as we look towards returning to theatres," said CineLife Entertainment's Executive Vice President, Bernadette McCabe.

For more information on drive-in locations and ticket sales please visit www.cinelifeentertainment.com/events-page

[www.cinelifeentertainment.com]

Re: "Havana Moon" coming to US/Canada Drive-Ins July 10
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 1, 2020 01:37

Are there many drive ins left in the US? There is one just outside Vancouver that has become popular with everything else shut down. I remember going to a drive in in nearby Chilliwack back in the 70s when I was young with my parents and siblings. Bryan Adams filmed the video for Summer of 69 there shortly before it closed.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: July 1, 2020 02:00

DGA35
Are there many drive ins left in the US? There is one just outside Vancouver that has become popular with everything else shut down. I remember going to a drive in in nearby Chilliwack back in the 70s when I was young with my parents and siblings. Bryan Adams filmed the video for Summer of 69 there shortly before it closed.

Love that Video, I just Googled Chilliwack, looks cold.

Cool that they are putting it out again, but I'd like to see L&G The Rolling Stones in that setting

Date: July 1, 2020 03:18

SKILLS
DGA35

Cool that they are putting it out again, but I'd like to see L&G The Rolling Stones in that setting

It was sunny here yesterday but cool today! Actually all of June was cooler than usual, hopefully July is warm!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 1, 2020 06:37

DGA35

A few around.. My wife and daughter are fanatics and go to one on Whidbey Island frequently.
They also go to one in Aldergrove occasionally.
Would join them at one if it were coming to one of those, but says nothing playing near me..

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 1, 2020 07:28

There is one still in Sacramento, California and several in the immediate area. I doubt they will be screening this film though, most are primarily used as flea markets these days.

jb

Date: July 1, 2020 10:28

MisterDDDD
DGA35

A few around.. My wife and daughter are fanatics and go to one on Whidbey Island frequently.
They also go to one in Aldergrove occasionally.
Would join them at one if it were coming to one of those, but says nothing playing near me..

Yes, the one in Aldergrove is the one I was referring to as the one just outside of Vancouver! I also remember going to one in Kamloops up in the BC interior back in the early 70s on a family vacation. It was a Planet of the Apes double feature!

Date: July 8, 2020 00:42

Three days away from the July 10 start date, and no locations have been announced.

Nothing's been posted on Stones social media either.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: July 8, 2020 14:41

bye bye johnny
Three days away from the July 10 start date, and no locations have been announced.

Nothing's been posted on Stones social media either.

Disappointing.

The site lists July 10-Sep 10 as available showtimes so I guess whoever shows it will do so later on. But, it would be nice to have a unified showing across the country like Garth Brooks instead of having to keep checking.

Havana Moon Movie to be Played at Drive Ins
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 7, 2020 01:44

Just heard it on 70's on 7 Sirius XM While ;listening to Carly Simon's Your so Vain!

Re: Havana Moon Movie to be Played at Drive Ins
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 7, 2020 01:50

What is Drive Ins?

Date: July 7, 2020 01:58

Stadiums such as Hard Rock that are now used to show Movies on Big Screens due to Pandemic. Car arrives and is distanced from others to block pandemic and watch a Movie on the "NFL" or College Football Stadium Huge Video Screens and watch Movies! Is that simple -

Date: July 7, 2020 03:18

Drive-Ins are movie theaters in big open fields and spaces, popular more in the fifties, sixties and seventies, but some still around.
A lot of "pop-up" drive-ins happening now due to the virus. Walmart announced they were going to be turning some of their parking lots into drive-ins recently.

Also already a thread:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2020 03:36

Koen
What is Drive Ins?

That's were you drive in to watch a movie thumbs up
And In's means that there are more drive's to watch movies grinning smiley

Just joking Koen.....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 7, 2020 03:43

Hahaha grinning smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 7, 2020 04:15

Chris Fountain
Just heard it on 70's on 7 Sirius XM While ;listening to Carly Simon's Your so Vain!

and?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 7, 2020 04:29

Paradise by the dashboard light.

Date: July 9, 2020 03:13

Watch out for the popcorn!! smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 9, 2020 06:30

Koen
What is Drive Ins?

It a place where you yell at the kids in the backseat while the car is parked instead of moving.

Date: July 9, 2020 06:56

The thing about drive-ins is that you could get away from your parents with your girlfriend and have some fun in privacy. Alcohol was often involved and later, smoking weed. So this current thing is sort of themed after that: sex, drugs and rock and roll. With a mask of course, and proper social distancing of course.

The thing is, today is the 8th (here in USA) and this deal is supposed to be the 10th. And no theatres announced to my knowledge, and has anyone seen mention of this elsewhere?

Just wondering because it seems pretty out of time in more ways than one.

Although...tomorrow they release Criss Cross, so maybe they will do the theatre listing at the same time?

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 06:57 by jbwelda.

Date: July 9, 2020 15:59

They used to show X-Rated movies at Drive Ins

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 17:07

I tried to find tix for this, but when I registered, it said show info would be forthcoming and I never received any follow up emails...

Date: July 9, 2020 19:58

Mentioned here a couple of times in recent days, but it appears "Havana Moon" will not be screening at any drive-ins on July 10.

CineLife Entertainment lists screening dates as 7/10 – 9/10, so maybe they'll have some dates and locations soon. Or maybe not...

Date: July 10, 2020 21:06

Website's been updated with some dates and locations. Screening tonight in Tullahoma TN.

Date: July 10, 2020 22:38

The Florida dates make sense, I guess, what with the proximity to Cuba and the ex-pats living there.

Tullahoma TN? Its good to see they are targeting the large markets. Ma and Pa Kettle will probably be front row, along with Jedd Clampett, shootin' at some coons.

What a load of shite this is.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2020 23:15

SKILLS
DGA35

ACTUALLY, the mean temperature of Chilliwack is the hottest in the entire country. Because it's inland, their is greater swing in temperatures than on the coast. Having said that, for the first time in a really long time summer has yet to start!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2020 23:25

Did ya hear about the
Irishman who went to the drive-in

He didnt like the movie so he slashed the seats ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 11, 2020 00:32

>I'd like to see L&G The Rolling Stones in that setting

Thats exactly the venue you would have been likely to have seen the film back in the seventies. There was a drivein near me that ran "midnight movies", starting at midnight, all kinds of counterculture movies. I remember Gimme Shelter and L&G as a double bill one time. I don't know if they were running real film but back in those days maybe so. Later, into the eighties, they were still at it.

jb

Date: July 11, 2020 00:46

I'm going to keep watching the site to see if it comes to the Northwest.

Make for a fun family night.. bed of the vintage truck, cushions, drinks and snacks cool smiley

Playing in Brooklyn on the 19th.
$4.99 a carload... was expecting Rolling Stones type pricing winking smiley

Date: July 11, 2020 01:05

MisterDDDD
Playing in Brooklyn on the 19th.
$54.99 a carload... was expecting Rolling Stones type pricing

Fixed that for you... ; )

[ticketing.useast.veezi.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home