Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Stones threaten Trump campaigns with legal action
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2020 17:43

Schillid: Probably because no one has any real information about what's going on. If there is anything going on even?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2020 22:47

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

...................... Jigsaw Puzzle - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2020 19:05

Neil Young pissed too. Is this going to be "piss of Desert Trip artists" with Dylan or Roger Waters next?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 6, 2020 01:17

daspyknows
Neil Young pissed too. Is this going to be "piss of Desert Trip artists" with Dylan or Roger Waters next?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Dexy's Midnight Runners are pissed too. In their Twitter feed... "Dexys Midnight Runners did not and would not approve our music being played or performed at a Trump rally."

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 6, 2020 02:16

What is sickening is that someone actually believes that rot.

He was so far from "proven innocent" that it belies belief someone would claim otherwise.

Welcome to the Bizzaro world, 2020, where fiction is fact and every mirror is cracked.

Go ahead and ditch this post if it offends.

jb

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 6, 2020 02:55

"Folks" aren't the ones complaining. The composers of the music are. Can't really blame ant of them, who would want to be associated with a lot of what #45 does, especially if your not a US citizen. What I don't understand is why he doesn't just load up on Nugent, Kid Rock, and John Rich music? Those are his supporters so why not play their music?

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: July 6, 2020 14:09

TumblinDice76
What I don't understand is why he doesn't just load up on Nugent, Kid Rock, and John Rich music? Those are his supporters so why not play their music?

That wouldn't cause conflict.
Using the music of "lefties" who object to it does. It adds to his backs-to-the-wall, us v them narrative. He can complain that "they" don't like us, "they" just want to stop us doing anything.
Also, I think having the "angelic" tones of CAGWYW playing behind him, gives the impression of peace and calm, while he is spouting hate and division, Rockin in The Free World feels good and optomistic while he is plotting autocracy and mayhem.
I don't think it is by accident, or just his arrogance, that keeps him playing what he knows the artists want him to stop using. It all fits his combative and divisive style. He knows he is well behind in the polls and I would expect that he will keep ramping all of this up.
This is one of the problems with him, stand up to him and you actually play into his hands. He wants a fight, it's the one thing that he's good at.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 6, 2020 14:25

JimmyShelter
TumblinDice76
What I don't understand is why he doesn't just load up on Nugent, Kid Rock, and John Rich music? Those are his supporters so why not play their music?

That wouldn't cause conflict.
Using the music of "lefties" who object to it does. It adds to his backs-to-the-wall, us v them narrative. He can complain that "they" don't like us, "they" just want to stop us doing anything.
Also, I think having the "angelic" tones of CAGWYW playing behind him, gives the impression of peace and calm, while he is spouting hate and division, Rockin in The Free World feels good and optomistic while he is plotting autocracy and mayhem.
I don't think it is by accident, or just his arrogance, that keeps him playing what he knows the artists want him to stop using. It all fits his combative and divisive style. He knows he is well behind in the polls and I would expect that he will keep ramping all of this up.
This is one of the problems with him, stand up to him and you actually play into his hands. He wants a fight, it's the one thing that he's good at.

Bang on ....and in this way he steals their energy........and he sits there and smiles that awful smile..........

I've found the best way to deal with people who deliberately 'rile you up' and laugh at 'your' reaction is to ignore them (not fall into the trap) and instead make some art out of whatever they put out.

Whatever they put out - however vile - you don't get drained fighting them and you've got some art - win, win.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 6, 2020 14:36

LLDT!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 6, 2020 15:31

First time he used YCAGWYW, or at least the first time it caused some public uproar, it was directed at voters and pundits in his own party.
He had just clinched the R nomination, and the message was directed at those that opposed him...
Quickly became a staple of his as kind of a fu to everyone,

Not really following along much, but I don't believe he used it at Mt Rushmore.
Perhaps the Stones pushing the issue legally may have been successful.
Believe Aerosmith got him stop using their songs similarly if I'm not mistaken.

Only good thing about the virus is how it has slowed, and now perhaps stopped his hatefests. He feeds off them, Unfortunately for him and his staff/supporters, so does the virus. Tulsa was a super spreading event infecting at least a half dozen of his campaign staff, several secret service members, and Junior's gf Covid Kim.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 6, 2020 20:23

Pretty hateful Stuff -BV please close this thread.

Date: July 6, 2020 20:38

Chris Fountain

????

What is hatefull about a discussion? In fact what is hatefull about criticism or views that don't agree with yours? Especially when they happen to be true.
For someone who appears to supports hate "BV please close this thread" is pretty pathetic mate. Grow some.

And if you actually have something to say, then say it. Instead of just repeating your soundbites.
If we are wrong, then explain it to use. Enlighten us.
But don't just shout, run away, and try to shut the door behind you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-06 20:55 by JimmyShelter.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 6, 2020 20:53

I had NO interest in posting in this thread from the day it started but now the poster (and no offense BTW to that poster, we live and in a free world and you an support who you want, as can I) who's post lead me to reply wants this thread closed....unbelievable......

Date: July 6, 2020 20:58

I think Mr T likes The Rolling Stones. That's why he uses their songs. He is a fan, short and simply. I don't think he is a Nugent fan though. Not many are. Usually politicians choose songs a) that they like (to get them in the mood), b) That suits their message (YCAGWYW is that kind of song, suitable for any message). I think I remember Reagan using Springsteen's "Born in the USA" in his campaign once. I might be wrong though...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 6, 2020 21:02

Yes he did - but failed to understand the lyrics grinning smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 6, 2020 21:18

JimmyShelter
Chris Fountain

????

What is hatefull about a discussion? In fact what is hatefull about criticism or views that don't agree with yours? Especially when they happen to be true.
For someone who appears to supports hate "BV please close this thread" is pretty pathetic mate. Grow some.

And if you actually have something to say, then say it. Instead of just repeating your soundbites.
If we are wrong, then explain it to use. Enlighten us.
But don't just shout, run away, and try to shut the door behind you.

I never support closing a thread so I agree with you on that.

But calling someone Covid Kim is hateful. Making fun of someone who got the virus, for political reasons, is the kind of thing BV says is not allowed.

Date: July 6, 2020 21:25

Rokyfan
But calling someone Covid Kim is hateful. Making fun of someone who got the virus, for political reasons, is the kind of thing BV says is not allowed.

Ok, can't disagree with that. But you have to see the irony eye rolling smiley

Date: July 6, 2020 21:34

This is what happens if you turn this thread into a pro or con Mr T debate: Mr BV will shut it down. Is that a goal to look for?

Date: July 6, 2020 21:43

TumblinDice76
"Folks" aren't the ones complaining. The composers of the music are. Can't really blame ant of them, who would want to be associated with a lot of what #45 does, especially if your not a US citizen. What I don't understand is why he doesn't just load up on Nugent, Kid Rock, and John Rich music? Those are his supporters so why not play their music?

It is because their music sucks.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 6, 2020 21:44

I don't understand why anyone would use a song about scoring drugs at a rally events. But than again look who you're dealing with.

Date: July 6, 2020 21:45

Koen
Yes he did - but failed to understand the lyrics grinning smiley

And Springsteen reacted in a similar fashion to the Stones and Neil.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 6, 2020 21:53

Well Trump stopped playing YCAGWYW , he obviously didn't want a fight, like he didn't come down hard on protesters, looters etc, he hasn't gone to War and caused unnecessary death's, 19 American soldier's died last year in combat.
He hasn't spent trillions interfering in the middle east, he didn't cause covid or step on anyone's neck .
If you feel strongly about Trump either way go and vote on November 3rd, don't keep parroting CNN etc, do your research on both parties and make your mind up who you want to vote for, enough one-sided bashing, no one is saying Biden is an old perv or has dementia and rightfully so, have some class, sly little digs at DT is worse than having a political discussion.

Date: July 6, 2020 22:07

"Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet," - Rudyard Kipling

Date: July 6, 2020 22:24

JimmyShelter
"Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet," - Rudyard Kipling

Haha yeah and what ever happened to middle ground, it's like you are with me or against me these days, we gotta take sides, divide and conquar winking smiley

Date: July 6, 2020 22:28

stone4ever
JimmyShelter

Haha yeah and what ever happened to middle ground, it's like you are with me or against me these days, we gotta take sides, divide and conquar winking smiley

.. er, yeah, that was my point mate eye rolling smiley

Date: July 6, 2020 22:28

Stoned4ever: Do you understand that this is not a thread about the American election?

Date: July 6, 2020 22:31

Stoneage
Stoned4ever: Do you understand that this is not a thread about the American election?

Wouldn't you know it.
I thought it was a hate Trump thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-06 22:33 by stone4ever.

Date: July 6, 2020 22:36

Sorry, The American election then.

Date: July 6, 2020 22:43

Stoneage
Sorry, The American election then.

That's the point i was unsuccessfully trying to make Stonedage, leave the bashing out of the thread , save it for the election.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home