Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What guitar or amp would you like to see Keith bring back?
Posted by: TimDog ()
Date: June 26, 2020 00:10

Assuming the Stones get to play live again, what guitar or amp would you most like to see Keith resurrect?

Re: What guitar or amp would you like to see Keith bring back?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 26, 2020 00:37

What ever he used in Toronto at the El Mocambo shows in 1977!! But I know that equipment is a part of a successful performance; the player is the key.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 26, 2020 02:35

I would like to see the white vox guitar make an appearance onstage. this is not necessarily related to Keith

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 26, 2020 12:03

The music man silhouette and the marshall amps from the 1989/90 tours.

Date: June 26, 2020 12:11

RockingLonestar

I knew this would come up but so soon? I'd rather see Keith with the Vox guitar or the Gibson V or the plexiglass or even something Yamaha before that

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:06

rollmops
What ever he used in Toronto at the El Mocambo shows in 1977!! But I know that equipment is a part of a successful performance; the player is the key.
Rockandroll,
Mops

yeah, bring back the mesa boogie

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:08

Nikkei
RockingLonestar

I knew this would come up but so soon? I'd rather see Keith with the Vox guitar or the Gibson V or the plexiglass or even something Yamaha before that

He played a dan Armstrong plexiglass for one or more shows in 2007

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:23

mike567
Nikkei
RockingLonestar

He played a dan Armstrong plexiglass for one or more shows in 2007
It was a reissue and he didn't like it . Also his original prototype Dan Armstrong was stolen and then replaced with an early first year edition from 1969 and he didn't particularly care for that also and thus stopped using that model . This is a most interesting guitar with genuine Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard and a genuine Ivory nut, and a plastic body , which believe it or not has tons of tone and Sustain , don't believe me -play a vintage one from the 2 years they were in production (69-70 ) . Dan Armstrong was at first building these in his small work/repair shop and had a very young apprentice by the name of Matt Umanov and maybe some of you from the NY guitar scene would know of Matt Umanov Guitars in the Village . Pretty cool guy who I have purchased stuff from . P.S. the Dan Armstrong Plexiglass guitar is very heavy probably around 10 LBS. easily . This is what is known as boat anchor heavy . Also originally designed with a regular Gibson 3 tuners on a side headstock , which I believe Matt told Dan that Gibson will sue for copying there headstock design and I cant remember if it was Dan ( I believe ? ) that took a blue print drawing and slashed off the bass side of the headstock and thus the headstock issue was solved . The original ones from 69-70 are really great guitars , which most of them came with 2 pickups , which were interchangeable in a very easy slide in and slide out manner without having to unsolder and then re solder like a conventional Fender or Gibson would require . Also most came with the Rock Treble pickup installed in the body which looks like a humbucker size pickup with a metal slash or strip running the length from the bass side to the treble side , and in the case you had the Country Bass pickups which I have no idea how that sounds . The Rock Treble pickup was designed along with the other 5 pickups in the short lived guitars life by none other than Bill Lawrence who some of you may now from work with Gibson amongst others . The Rock Treble pickup which I believed was a fender type single coil was farthest from the truth . This pickup sounds to my ears like a screaming hot PAF , I mean a really thick type humbucker sound which is such a delight to my ears . Also the neck was made out of quarter sawn maple with some really nicely flamed maple . This was a well thought out and very well designed guitar .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 17:54 by TheGreek.

Date: June 26, 2020 13:27

I would probably cast my vote for his prototype Mesa Boogie amp . It's hard for me to say I want to see Keith play such and such guitar because Keith has always had the best of the very best Fender's , Gibson's and Martin Acoustics . The big guitar companies want Keith playing there instruments as he is such an instantly recognizable mega big Rock star !

Date: June 26, 2020 13:34

Also if anyone wants to hear a recording of the Dan Armstrong Plexiglass guitar Aerosmith Joe Perry plays the slide solo on Monkey off my Back . Joe Perry got one because Keith used one .

Date: June 26, 2020 14:09

Keith has more that once shown that he is willing to play one song on a novelty guitar. The silver-pink tele from 02/03 was also sort of cool

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 26, 2020 14:13

Nikkei
Keith has more that once shown that he is willing to play one song on a novelty guitar. The silver-pink tele from 02/03 was also sort of cool

Wasn’t that a gift from ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 26, 2020 14:14

Big Al
Nikkei

It was.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 26, 2020 14:15

More on the guitar topic:

[iorr.org]

Date: June 26, 2020 14:20

erikjjf
Big Al
Nikkei

It was.

I always thought Woody made him do it as he also had a silver strat for the encore

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 26, 2020 14:24

Mesa boogie and black tele 72 custom standard tuning
That's my Keith Richards

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 26, 2020 15:31

Keith's Dan Armstrong (plexi) guitars along with Ampeg (built to be worked hard you unsympathic little devils! LOL) amps (simply because I play my electric guitar out of an old Ampeg G-212 Solid State that I still own.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 15:36 by Sighunt.

Date: June 26, 2020 15:39

Would be great if Keith still had the Ampegs he used on YaYa's '69. The best guitar sound he ever had imo.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: June 26, 2020 15:51

The 5 strings Zemaitis aka "macabre"guitar and the Ampeg amps like in 75 were not so bad.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 26, 2020 17:20

TheflyingDutchman
Would be great if Keith still had the Ampegs he used on YaYa's '69. The best guitar sound he ever had imo.

The combination of guitars utilized through those awesome Ampeg amps on that tour really produced that classic metallic, crunchy sound that you can hear on Ya Yas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 17:21 by Sighunt.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 26, 2020 17:24

KeithNacho
That's my Keith Richards

+1

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 26, 2020 17:37

Guitars:

Keith: black 1975 Telecaster Custom, black 1957 Les Paul Custom with moonscape artwork, Malcolm (haven’t seen him in a while), red 1960 Les Paul Jr, white 1987 EB/MM Silhouette, 1994 heritage cherry sunburst Custom Shop Les Paul R9 Flametop, 1981 white Shecter Telecaster, 1959 blonde “999” Telecaster, late 1930s D-18, 1977 natural Newman Jones “Wagon Wheel” 6-String Sharp Cutaway, 1972 Ted Newman Jones 5-String Prototype, black 1956 Les Paul Custom (for “Midnight Rambler”).
And God willing Keith gets them back, both the 1969 Ampeg Dan Armstrong Prototype, the 1969 Ampeg Dan Armstrong (early production version), and the olympic white 1964 Telecaster.

Ronnie 1971 Zemaitis Pearl Front (one with 3 single coils and the “shell” style top), 1978 Zemaitis Metal Front, 1973 black Zemaitis Disc Front, blonde 1956/1958 natural J-200N with double pickguard, 1999 cherry sunburst Ted Newman Jones Keith Richard 6-String Flametop, 1957 White Falcon, 1951 blonde butterscotch Fender Broadcaster, red ESP Ron Wood Signature from Steel Wheels tour, 1956 limed mahogany Les Paul Special, 1955 blonde Telecaster, 1952 blonde butterscotch Tele from 1981/1982 tour, early 1980s blonde Tokai Strat, 1962 blonde Telecaster from 1981/1982 tour (another stolen item; again, God willing Ronnie gets it back), 1955 sunburst Strat Hardtail.

Amps

Keith
Ampeg V4 stacks, customized Ampeg SVT head and 8x10s from 1973 Europe tour, Ampeg VT-22, late 1970s Mesa Boogie Mark I combo, (from Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tours): 1956 Bassman, Mesa Boogie 2x12 and 4x12 cabs, 1989/1990 Marshall JTM-45 reissues, late 1960s Marshall 1959 Super Lead and 1987 Leads

Ronnie
1981 Mesa Boogie Mark IIB Coliseum 300 stacks, Ampeg V4, Mesa Boogie Mark I combo, Mesa Boogie Mark III combos and stacks, Vox AC-30, Ampeg SVT.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 17:52 by stevecardi.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2020 19:00

Nikkei
RockingLonestar

Oh hell no, those sounded awful.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 26, 2020 19:36

I guess Ampeg, and more Les Pauls. The sound of Let It Bleed, Get Yer Ya's Ya's Out!, Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main St and Goat's Head Soup anyway (I don't know which amps they used in the studio).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 19:41 by SomeGuy.

Date: June 26, 2020 21:22

The Mark 1 Boogie and the Vox Supreme.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 27, 2020 11:36

"What guitar or amp would you like to see Keith bring back?"

None but I'd like Mick to gift Chuck with a real piano on the next tour...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 27, 2020 12:28

5strings
The 5 strings Zemaitis aka "macabre"guitar and the Ampeg amps like in 75 were not so bad.

Yeah he used a Zemaitis replica for Sway in 2005/2006, but put it through the Twin reverb as usual.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 27, 2020 12:29

KeithNacho
That's my Keith Richards

AMEN

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 27, 2020 14:57

What i'd really want is old 70s-80s keith richards attitude
But it's. no the same perform at the age 40-50 ,

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 27, 2020 22:25

That Tweed he borrowed from me years ago.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home