Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO - The name of a film
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 25, 2020 15:16

Some time ago I turned the TV on half way through a sci-fi film - the scene playing out that I remember was to do with a woman in the future and her computer 'help' program. (a sort of digital PA)

She wasn't happy with the program she had bought as it was, according to her, incompetent.

So, she had this idea.
As nobody was as efficient as her, she had a digital duplicate of her own personality made and incorporated into her digital setup.

However, the duplicate was bored doing menial tasks and went on strike. So, the woman, in order to get the duplicate to comply, reset the time ratios. She then turned the PA off for two days. After the two days she switched it back on, by which time, in the duplicates world, a thousand years had passed and the duplicate had had absolutely nothing to do and was going crazy and begging for something to do, no matter how menial, thereafter, full compliance.

Another scene I remember, although I'm not 100% if it was from the same film, although it could be given the similar theme......Was................A jail set in the future where a guy lived in a country cottage which he couldn't leave. Anyway, he did something wrong and was punished by the incessant playing of "I wish it could be christmas every day" by Wizard, when he woke up (a bit like groundhog day) again, for a thousand years....................

Any help identifying this film or films would be much appreciated,,,,,,,,,,,thanks a lot.........

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-25 19:16 by EddieByword.

Re: ISO - The name of a film
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 26, 2020 06:13

This is going to haunt me tonight.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: June 26, 2020 08:09

I believe you are describing an episode of the tv show Black Mirror named “White Christmas.” It has a run time of 74 mins, so it could have felt like a movie.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 26, 2020 13:02

lamemodem2
I believe you are describing an episode of the tv show Black Mirror named “White Christmas.” It has a run time of 74 mins, so it could have felt like a movie.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Perfect, that's the one..............thanks very much - just ordered off ebay.......smileys with beer

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 26, 2020 17:44

Incredible!
I'm looking also for a title of sci-fi film for a couple of years.
Three or four people are in a cabin, in the woods for a break in the wild.
It is night, and there are weird lights on their heads.
Suspense go on, and finally they are send in another galaxy, or something. Very eerie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home