Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Reelin' in the Years Photo Database
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 25, 2020 03:02

Reelin'in the Years launched a searchable photo database with almost 2,000 very interesting Stones photos from the 60s to the the 90s. Too bad they're all watermarked but it's better than nothing. grinning smiley

Re: Reelin' in the Years Photo Database
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 25, 2020 09:42

I love those guys, headed by Dave Peck. I met them in Los Angeles about fifteen years ago. They're based in San Diego. They made those wonderful doc DVDs on the Small Faces, the Hollies, and others. Plus a bunch of jazz dvds. I Facebook Dave from time to time, begging him to do more docs before many of those group's members of the British Invasion pass away. There's just no money in it since the bottom fell out of the DVD market. Unfortunately nothing has replaced it. Streaming has failed to replace parts of the DVD industry, especially the music side. I haven't seen a new, decent concert DVD in a long time.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 25, 2020 14:17

Lot of pictures that are not well known here. The 1969 ones, at The Olympic studio are amazing. It tells the story of Let it Bleed. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill working their instrument while Brian stands looking at them, hands in his pocket, not participating. But there is one where Brian is seating on the floor, guitar in hands with a smile on his face, probably getting ready to record his last musical contribution to a Rolling stones' LP; No expectations. For me those pictures are showing the story we all know.
Thank you Cristiano.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 25, 2020 19:07

rollmops
Lot of pictures that are not well known here. The 1969 ones, at The Olympic studio are amazing. It tells the story of Let it Bleed. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill working their instrument while Brian stands looking at them, hands in his pocket, not participating. But there is one where Brian is seating on the floor, guitar in hands with a smile on his face, probably getting ready to record his last musical contribution to a Rolling stones' LP; No expectations. For me those pictures are showing the story we all know.
Thank you Cristiano.
Rockandroll,
Mops

They are from spring 1969 so approx a year after No Expectations was recorded.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 25, 2020 19:16

His Majesty
rollmops
Thank you Cristiano.
Rockandroll,
Mops

They are from spring 1969 so approx a year after No Expectations was recorded.
OK His majesty : you are right; I was wrong.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: June 25, 2020 20:02

rollmops
Thank you Cristiano.
Rockandroll,
Mops

These early 1969 studio pics are fantastic. Looks like Keith' Maton is capoed at the 7th fret...so this is Midnight Rambler in the making (edit: although if the date is right with February 69 this predates their stay in Positano, where they allegedly wrote it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-25 20:06 by mike567.

Date: June 25, 2020 20:50

mike567

These early 1969 studio pics are fantastic. Looks like Keith' Maton is capoed at the 7th fret...so this is Midnight Rambler in the making (edit: although if the date is right with February 69 this predates their stay in Positano, where they allegedly wrote it)

Ignore the February date that is unlikely for loads of reasons. It's most likely from circa April 1969. I'd not jump to conclusions regarding what is being recorded too much. The capo etc moves about and they recorded lots of stuff and for hours and hours. It could be of course. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2020 20:52

Here are all of the spring 1969 - Olympic Studios photo by Eric Hayes from the above site. smileys with beer

[we.tl]

Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: June 25, 2020 23:19

Thank you!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2020 23:25

YEAH Some good shots ...
but watermarked for sure....this is a clean-up job for schillid

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: June 26, 2020 01:08

Bill on Mick's right with a microphone. Je Suis un Rock Star.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 01:09 by Markdog.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:07

His Majesty
Here are all of the spring 1969 - Olympic Studios photo by Eric Hayes from the above site. smileys with beer

[we.tl]

Thanks. I'd like to have all of the pics from that site!

I couldn't find a way to download these photos. I was trying to get the 1982 photos and others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 03:12 by exilestones.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 26, 2020 03:07

Cristiano Radtke
Reelin'in the Years launched a searchable photo database with almost 2,000 very interesting Stones photos from the 60s to the the 90s. Too bad they're all watermarked but it's better than nothing. grinning smiley

Thanks. So great pics!

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: June 26, 2020 10:02

Unfortunately the second pic is laterally reversed - Bill is not lefthanded...

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 26, 2020 10:30

wow....so many cool photos from 1969 with Brian. Haven't seen these before. Awesome!!

Date: June 27, 2020 19:23

exilestones
His Majesty

[we.tl]

Thanks. I'd like to have all of the pics from that site!

I couldn't find a way to download these photos. I was trying to get the 1982 photos and others.

Search, eg Rolling Stones 1982, then right click, 'view page source' and you will see all of the image file links. once you have downloaded all for that page, go back to search results and move to page 2 and repeat etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 19:28 by His Majesty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home