Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Extremely OT: In celebration of Seinfeld- Sighunt's top ten episodes
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 26, 2020 14:07

They’re real, and they’re spectacular.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 26, 2020 16:23

calipachangero
... And you wanna be my latex salesman! smileys with beer

Possibly the greatest scene/line of the whole series. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Another great line is when Lipman brings George into his office and asks him if its true that he had sex with the cleaning woman in his office and George's response is... "Was that wrong?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 04:03 by ryanpow.

Date: June 26, 2020 16:47

TheGreek
The episode when George supposedly dies and Steinbrenner goes to deliver the news to George's parents and Georges father says you traded Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps ?

This and the voice message he left on (I think) Jerry's answering machine... "It's Frank Costanza. Steinbrenner's here. George is dead. Call Me"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 01:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 26, 2020 20:14

soundboard
My all time fave episode I think is The Heart Attack from Season 2 episode 8 - I feel like this episode caught the vibe of the later episodes.

The SciFi movie start with Larry as the alien
The Hospital / Kramer comments
Tor the healer cracks me up every time
The Ambulance fight

This one was on TBS this morning! I had not seen it in years and it was funny as hell! From the holistic doctor treating George for his tonsil problem, and Jerry spending the entire episode trying to figure out what he wrote on a piece of paper in the middle of the night just for a comedy bit! Classic episode about nothing (LOL)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-26 20:16 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 27, 2020 01:04

Stoneage
I like "Seinfeld". Never was a Seinfeld nerd though. It's like the thinking man's "Friends". There are a lot of re-runs though. I often catch one of those. Perfect to watch when there's nothing else to watch on the tv.
One minor thing: I like the fact that he drives a Saab 900 convertible. Black. I'm sorry that that didn't help poor SAAB to survive though. GM cut Saab:s lifeline in the end.

He's got a garage full of Porsches now he made so much money from this show LOL

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 27, 2020 05:27

ryanpow
TheGreek
The episode when George supposedly dies and Steinbrenner goes to deliver the news to George's parents and Georges father says you traded Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps ?

This and the voice message he left on (I think) Jerry's answering machine... "It's Frank Costanza. Steinbrenner's here. George is dead. Call Me"

This also reminds me of when George's car broke down in the Yankee office parking lot, and they thought he was overworking, burning the candle on both ends!
... actually is it possible this is the same episode where they thought he was dead? I think it is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2020 06:41

What's wrong with a pony? I had a pony!

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: June 27, 2020 07:17

Sighunt
soundboard
My all time fave episode I think is The Heart Attack from Season 2 episode 8 - I feel like this episode caught the vibe of the later episodes.

The SciFi movie start with Larry as the alien
The Hospital / Kramer comments
Tor the healer cracks me up every time
The Ambulance fight

This one was on TBS this morning! I had not seen it in years and it was funny as hell! From the holistic doctor treating George for his tonsil problem, and Jerry spending the entire episode trying to figure out what he wrote on a piece of paper in the middle of the night just for a comedy bit! Classic episode about nothing (LOL)!

Kramer: "Tor, Tor Ekman my Doc","you gotta go see Tor." to George. Jerry: "Crabgrass & Crampbart, I think that's what killed Curly."

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 27, 2020 13:39

Sighunt
DaveG
Almost of these episodes were from the early years of Seinfeld, which, in my view, were not nearly as funny or clever as the latter years of the show. I like The Merv Griffin Show, The Dealership, Fusilli Jerry, The Wig Master, Serenity Now far more than the episodes listed. But, again, it is a matter of personal taste. It was all fun and laughter and not to be taken too seriously.

Your comments actually reinforce the notion that a lot of Seinfeld fans and critics have that the series actually got better over time. Seinfeld himself stated on several occasions that he wanted the show to end on top and reportedly turned down serious money by the network to continue with another season or two.

If I was NBC, I would have broken the bank to get Seinfeld to sign a long term contract to do as few or as many shows in the future as he wanted to. BBC lets shows come and go when they want not following the strict 22 episodes a year model. It would have been revolutionary at the time. But, imagine the hype and ratings for a new Seinfeld episode every few years whenever the motivation to do one hit sort of how Larry David does his show on his schedule for HBO.

Date: June 27, 2020 18:49

LeonidP
ryanpow
TheGreek

This also reminds me of when George's car broke down in the Yankee office parking lot, and they thought he was overworking, burning the candle on both ends!
... actually is it possible this is the same episode where they thought he was dead? I think it is.

I believe it is. Was this also the one where he was bringing Calzones to Steinbrenner, or was that a different one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 19:05 by ryanpow.

Date: December 24, 2020 00:30

Festivus, the 'Seinfeld' holiday focused on airing grievances, is for everyone this year!!

[www.cnn.com]

PS- nice work if you can get it for being at the right place and right time, and being able to deliver this immortal line: "No soup for you one year!"

Seinfeld’ actor Larry Thomas, who played ‘Soup Nazi,’ makes ‘over 6 figures a year’ on Cameo, CEO says

“The Office” star Brian Baumgartner isn’t the only star making big bucks on Cameo.

Larry Thomas, who famously played the “Soup Nazi” on the hit sitcom “Seinfeld,” is one of the video-sharing app’s top earners, revealed co-founder and CEO Steven Galanis.

“He makes over six figures a year with us,” the tech entrepreneur recently revealed in The New York Times “Sway” podcast.

Cameo, created in 2016, allows the stars to create personalized video messages to fans for a fee set by the talent. There are over 30,000 celebrities on Cameo, Refinery29.com reported in April. It features actors, musicians, athletes, comedians, reality TV stars and YouTube channel personalities.

Thomas, 64, starred in an episode titled "The Soup Nazi” in which he played Yev Kassem, a soup stand owner who’s obsessed and hostile with his ordering procedure. Despite the no-nonsense ordering regimentation that he demanded from patrons, his soup is so good that people still line up for it.

His character famously shouted “no soup for you!” at George Costanza (Jason Alexander) after complaining he didn’t receive any bread with his order.

While the episode originally aired in 1995, Galanis called Thomas “Cameo gold” due to his popularity with fans.

“He wasn’t a huge deal himself,” Galanis explained. “But because he was an iconic bit plater of a really famous show, [he does well]. He’s not the star but it’s such an iconic character. And again, these are people who are more famous than they are rich.”

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-24 06:34 by Sighunt.

Date: December 24, 2020 00:59

The episode that George was looking after the old guy, and was 'given' his record collection, which included Emotional Rescue.

That takes this from "extremely off topic" to "slightly on topic".

Date: December 24, 2020 04:03

treaclefingers
The episode that George was looking after the old guy, and was 'given' his record collection, which included Emotional Rescue.

His African maid (with the accent) then proceeds to rub oil all over George's head. Hilarious.

Seinfeld was the best.

I remember spotting an album I knew out of that stack he's holding, couldn't remember which album/band etc., as I haven't seen the episode since 90's, or maybe early 2000's reruns (seen those many times). There's about a 1/2 second window, where Kramer is in the back of the car or a cab & you can see it. Way to spot it btw!

Date: December 24, 2020 04:05

Has Festivus already started?

Date: December 24, 2020 05:20

KevinM
treaclefingers

His African maid (with the accent) then proceeds to rub oil all over George's head. Hilarious.

Seinfeld was the best.

I remember spotting an album I knew out of that stack he's holding, couldn't remember which album/band etc., as I haven't seen the episode since 90's, or maybe early 2000's reruns (seen those many times). There's about a 1/2 second window, where Kramer is in the back of the car or a cab & you can see it. Way to spot it btw!

Yeah, that is a bit of an easter egg. No way an 80 year old guy would have Emotiional Rescue in his collection. I wonder if they just went down to an old record shop and bought a bunch at random? Love to know how that happened.

Date: October 9, 2021 15:54

Time for a quick chuckle:

Seinfeld Legend Has the Best Response To William Shatner Going Into Space

[www.fatherly.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 16:05 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 9, 2021 16:34

The show never rests. It's on a constant re-run loop. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Of course you don't have to watch it. One thing that bothers me with the series is Jerry.
The others are flawed or losers (poor George) in a sense. Not Jerry. He is the only successful one. I don't know what that tells us...

Date: October 9, 2021 16:45

Stoneage
The show never rests. It's on a constant re-run loop. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Of course you don't have to watch it. One thing that bothers me with the series is Jerry.
The others are flawed or losers (poor George) in a sense. Not Jerry. He is the only successful one. I don't know what that tells us...

Stoneage- that's deep, man. It's 9:40 in the morning in western, NY and I haven't had enough coffee to contemplate that thought (LOL)!

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 22:42

I like the one Elaine is dancing, or trying to dance.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 10, 2021 04:44

love this show the red dot is one of my favorites

i watched a lot of this too last year but I mostly watched it's always sunny in philadelphia my favorite comedy series which i've heard compared to seinfeld

can't remember the titles to some of my favorites but here are some i think i can get right

frank's little beauties
either of the chardie mcdenis episodes
the gang goes to therapy
the gang gets whacked
the mcpoyle wedding
charlie's mom has cancer
extreme home makeover
times up for the gang
the gang turns black

probably got most of those wrong but it's just the tip of the iceberg so many good episodes probably should start my own extremely ot thread for sunnysmiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home