Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone Attend The Stones Concert In Montreal -April 20, 1998?
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2020 20:06

Hello, Bob. I'll email you in a few minutes! I was at the bar between 2-3PM on April 20th...they had their second show that night. So, do you suspect the man I saw having lunch with Mick was Jim Callahan? The man lunching w/ Mick was handsome, tall & tan, with light hair in his 40's. When I spoke with him later in the elevator he called Mick " his friend". My buddy, the concierge, told me that the band was leaving out the back door...actually when he told me to hurry, he sent me to the parking garage downstairs and that day it was Mick and his body guard, Rowen that I photographed. Check your email!

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 30, 2020 21:00

I am almost certain from that description that it was not Jim Callahan, JC sort of looks like Stu.

I think your buddy the concierge is in a picture with Woody, Joe and Allen Dunn...lol

I also believe I have Rowen is in the picture with Mick.

E-mail on the way....

Do you remember when Mick walked out and someone asked for an autograph and he said "I'm not doing any signing today" in that classic slow Mick voice.

Date: June 30, 2020 21:54

Yes, I did hear him say that! I NEVER asked for an autograph...way too much like " a fan!" Maybe it was good I didn't ask to have my photo taken with him...I quit while I was ahead!! I just looked at your photos..didn't see Rowan..I'll look again. Agreed, that was NOT Callahan at lunch w/ Mick. I reread my journal from that day and when I actually spoke with his lunch companion, he said he'd met Mick in London 2 years prior and was his friend. He had to get back to his job in London so he was off to the airport that afternoon...he didn't get to see the April 20th show.

Date: July 2, 2020 05:04

Bob, can you open this link to my FB page here?
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 2, 2020 18:38

Great picture! My sister is so jealous...lol

Thanks for sharing......smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2020 18:50

bv
I was there, and like all other shows, I have a bunch of newspaper cuttings and stuff, deep down in my piles of travel stock. It will probably take a while until I get to that part. Great days in Montreal indeed!

Centre Molson - Montreal, Canada - Sunday April 19, 1998 (Show #1)

Centre Molson - Montreal, Canada - Monday April 20, 1998 (Show #2)

This was 22 years ago, feels so many shows have been performed since then really. I wrote under different names those days, this is parts of my "bv" report from the 2nd show:

"... I have been trying to grow up, not hanging around the hotel when the Stones leave. But again, tonight, I found myself just happening to be there, with about 50 other fans and others who just walked by. And within half an hour, I could say hello to Keith, Ronnie and Charlie, leaving in separate vans within ten minutes. Then a bit later, Mick comes out, not jumping into his car, but rather waiting a bit, does an extra pose to us stupid guys who never can get enough of the Stones, and then he smiles, waves, and off we go. ..."

wait? YOU're 'Ed Beaver' ? I've wondered for years whatever happened to him! I always thought that was a cool name!

Good luck with this, Debra. It would be great if you found that photo

Date: July 2, 2020 20:52

I'm glad you were able to see it! Keep me posted if you have any other interesting things to share!cool smiley

Date: July 2, 2020 20:55

Thanks,Gary! I thought I'd try again, you know, sometimes random things do turn up.cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home