Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nellcote
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 25, 2020 16:28

In Spades? Why not in SHOVELS?

Date: June 29, 2020 02:08

I never knew any of this very interesting history behind Nellcote. You did a great job teasing me into wanting more!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: February 8, 2021 11:26

2021 will be a full, fab year for Nellcote fans !!
«The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote 1899-1974» is streaming full ahead towards completion.
The book will be roughly 220 pages of stories, photographs, illustrations, precious diary entries from 1899 to the Exile period, including the architect plans of the infamous Nellcote basement. And there is more exciting things to the story than only the Rolling Stones.
The labyrinth set of salons will be discussed, its many trapdoors revealed, and the wonderful lives of the hosts and ghosts of Nellcote taken dead seriously.

Covid has not made the final research of the book any easier (NARA and the German War Archives have been closed) but the waiting time has rewarded us with some real treasures that I could not have accessed had the original schedule been kept:

«We arrived at Nellcote, in amazing rain. Welcome to France.
Here we are, just Keith, his toddler son Marlon, Shirley, Boogie, the dog, and me.
And a lot of silence.» - Diary extract, May 1971

"Madame did not know who she rented out Nellcote to. When she mentioned the name "Keith Richards", I almost fainted." - The godchild of Nellcote´s owner in 1971

This spring I will keep you updated with a look inside the CHRONICLES.
In May, Dominique Tarlé will hold a 50th exhibition with «new» images from Nellcote 1971. A French journalist is even releasing something, in French.
In medio June, orders will be taken for "The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote". Everything is converging towards a marvelous production that I am very proud of.

Here at IORR we´re all hung up on different eras in the continuously rolling story of the Stones. This book is my thank you and contribution to our community.

Rb

Some temp graphics:

Date: February 8, 2021 11:32

Can't wait - will be fantastic! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home