Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ron Wood-Sober and loving it
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 23, 2020 01:52

Good for him

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Ron Wood-Sober and loving it
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 23, 2020 03:37

Yes, good for Ronnie. thumbs up Hard to imagine it's been a decade since he's been sober...is that correct?
Seems just a few years ago he was hanging out with the crazy, young, and wild Russian gal partying like an animal.
Anyhow, glad to hear Ronnie has been able to keep himself on the straight and narrow, and keeping up the good fight - health is wealth.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 23, 2020 03:42

Hairball
Yes, good for Ronnie. thumbs up Hard to imagine it's been a decade since he's been sober...is that correct?
Seems just a few years ago he was hanging out with the crazy, young, and wild Russian gal partying like an animal.
Anyhow, glad to hear Ronnie has been able to keep himself on the straight and narrow, and keeping up the good fight - health is wealth.

The ‘Russian gal’ is British-Kazakh!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 23, 2020 04:13

I stand corrected Big Al ...thumbs up...lots of interesting history regarding Kazakhstan > (Ronnie's ex-girlfriend)

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 23, 2020 06:38

Ronnie rocks! He's got a great family, he's talented, and he keeps on working. If only some of us can be that lucky at 73 smileys with beer

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 23, 2020 10:17

according to Keith Richards there's not much difference between Ronnie sober and Ronnie completely drunk…

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 23, 2020 10:52

slewan
according to Keith Richards there's not much difference between Ronnie sober and Ronnie completely drunk…

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 23, 2020 12:33

Yep over the years the boy
musta passed some alcohol thru the ole body ..... cheers Ronnie

ROCKMAN

Date: June 23, 2020 12:44

Hairball
I stand corrected Big Al ...thumbs up...lots of interesting history regarding Kazakhstan > (Ronnie's ex-girlfriend)

No worries, Hairball!

I’d just noted she gets labelled as Russian all the time. I’ve actually met her. Very shy and timid. She’s not in a good place.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 23, 2020 14:41

Good for him. I'm a bit sorry for the fans that he didn't decide to do that say 30 years ago...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 23, 2020 16:11

Congrats to Ronnie.
Ten years sober, good on him.

Been great to witness the dramatic change for the better both in his professional and personal life.
His live playing has been so much better sober, more focused and consistent.

Wishing him, One day at a time, many, many, more sober birthdays!! cool smiley

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: June 23, 2020 18:39

From the article:

"The singer married first wife Krissy Findlay in 1971 and divorced in 1978. They share one son, Jesse, 43, who is now married to presenter Fearne Cotton.

Ronnie was then married to former model Jo for 26-years before their separation and subsequent divorce in 2011.

The former couple are parents to three children; Leah, 41, an accomplished singer, Jamie, 45, and Tyrone, 36. "

So he got Jamie with Jo while he was still together with Krissy?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 24, 2020 12:25

Does anyone know when the movie will be available digitally or on dvd?

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 24, 2020 12:51

Real nice that Ronnie's sober.
But as he's sober, why does he have to sell those pieces of nonsense passed of as "art"? If money all went to charity, then OK. But as it's not - it's a f***** disgrace, using his name to sell these stupid things.
If he was NOT sober, I'd understand it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 24, 2020 12:53

I lost all respect for "RonWood" the last 10 years. I used to love Now Look, Gimme Some Neck, etc, but now I don't even want to listen to his guitar.

Date: June 24, 2020 14:01

YEP!! ... glad Jimmy Reed stayed tanked
... all dem records of his are so loose ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 24, 2020 14:29

Big Al
Hairball

The ‘Russian gal’ is British-Kazakh!

sounds like Boris the Bullet Dodger...

[i.redd.it]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 24, 2020 14:54

Erik_Snow
Real nice that Ronnie's sober.
But as he's sober, why does he have to sell those pieces of nonsense passed of as "art"?
If he was NOT sober, I'd understand it.

Maybe he's sober AND myopic? Therefore he doesn't notice the abominations he tries to pass as art?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 25, 2020 00:31

They laughed at Dali and Picasso, too.

Though there is at best an indirect correlation.

jb

Date: June 25, 2020 00:34

wish Mr Zimmerman hadda stayed heavy
on the hooter ... he was so funny in the 60's ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 28, 2020 04:55

Thanks to Sally I think Ronnie is happier than he has been in a long, long time. She is lovely and the twins are adorable. His playing is obviously sharper and his artwork is better too. Ronnie has his shit straight! Great!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 28, 2020 10:20

I don't think Ronnies so called alcoholism was ever that bad, he just had a behaviour problem as he got older, Ronnie never missed a concert through drink, never fell over one time, didn't get fat and bloated, seemed to be able to stop when he wanted to.
He seemed to have a good party life for decades, pity he only looks at all those great fun years in such a negative way, bit of attention seeking going on no doubt, Ronnies always looking for a pat on the back, he should just be more cool about it, you no Keith just says i got fed up with drinking, nuff said.

As you get older you just can't pull it off, it's not alcoholism, I'll show you some alcoholics, they don't look and function like Ronnie, they piss themselves and stink, they don't shave and have trouble staying horizontal and rarely make it to work on time and keep a job. I can't even think of a time when Ronnie was drinking that he even slurred his words in an interview, I think the only thing Ronnie is guilty of up until the age of 60 was having a good time.

Date: June 28, 2020 10:25

I'll show you some alcoholics, they don't look and function like Ronnie, they piss themselves and stink,

YEAH "Chooker" Brady use ta work in an abattoir ...
Drank a dozen bottles a day working on the killin' chain at Herds ....

On Sundays he'd turn the heater in his flat high
put a dozen bottles beside his chair and drink em all ...
Never left the chair for a slash ... man the joint stank

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2020 11:10

Krissy moved on pretty quickly to another musician. Cannot remember who. And then she passed away from cancer. And isn't Jamie from Jo's first marriage? Ron is stepfather to Jamie if I remember. So it's not as clear cut as you may think!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 13:20

exhpart
Krissy moved on pretty quickly to another musician. Cannot remember who. And then she passed away from cancer. And isn't Jamie from Jo's first marriage? Ron is stepfather to Jamie if I remember. So it's not as clear cut as you may think!

Krissie died from a Valium Overdose in 2005 whilst suffering from depression. You are correct that Ronnie is stepfather to Jamie and not his biological father.

Date: June 28, 2020 13:29

I have to disagree with stone4ever’s opinion that Ronnie was merely someone who enjoyed themselves a little too much. He was absolutely an alcoholic; the very definition of a functioning alcoholic, in fact. They’re everywhere. They look presentable and maintain an otherwise normal life. Just because one isn’t wetting themselves and constantly slurring, it doesn’t mean they can’t have a strong dependence on a substance to function.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-28 13:31 by Big Al.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 28, 2020 19:43

I think the alcohol was just keeping him stable vis a vis the cocaine. I think that was his real problem, and the alcohol intake was just covering some of the symptoms.

jb

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 28, 2020 20:02

Big Al
I have to disagree with stone4ever’s opinion that Ronnie was merely someone who enjoyed themselves a little too much. He was absolutely an alcoholic; the very definition of a functioning alcoholic, in fact. They’re everywhere. They look presentable and maintain an otherwise normal life. Just because one isn’t wetting themselves and constantly slurring, it doesn’t mean they can’t have a strong dependence on a substance to function.

Ok let me put it another way, someone who parties hard for 5 decades and has an enviable constitution but much later in life gets too old to party hasn't had it all bad. I mean he beats himself up about the drinking years but he must have had some great times and drinks with Keith and many other friends over the years, ok it caught up with him, it happens to us all but we don't get on this rehab bandwagon preaching because we can't cut it anymore, lighten up Ronnie you had a good ride, that's all im saying, leave those of us that still enjoy drinking to enjoy it like you clearly did all those years. Damn it everyone is an alcoholic these day's, we're told we have a drink problem if we have 7 or 8 drinks on a Saturday night once a week, it's BS.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 29, 2020 13:26

Erik_Snow
I lost all respect for "RonWood" the last 10 years. I used to love Now Look, Gimme Some Neck, etc, but now I don't even want to listen to his guitar.

Now this is a positive guy.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 29, 2020 15:05

stone4ever
I don't think Ronnies so called alcoholism was ever that bad, he just had a behaviour problem as he got older, Ronnie never missed a concert through drink, never fell over one time, didn't get fat and bloated, seemed to be able to stop when he wanted to.
He seemed to have a good party life for decades, pity he only looks at all those great fun years in such a negative way, bit of attention seeking going on no doubt, Ronnies always looking for a pat on the back, he should just be more cool about it, you no Keith just says i got fed up with drinking, nuff said.

As you get older you just can't pull it off, it's not alcoholism, I'll show you some alcoholics, they don't look and function like Ronnie, they piss themselves and stink, they don't shave and have trouble staying horizontal and rarely make it to work on time and keep a job. I can't even think of a time when Ronnie was drinking that he even slurred his words in an interview, I think the only thing Ronnie is guilty of up until the age of 60 was having a good time.

that's b/c of his job.

if he were a roofer or plumber or teacher or something, it would've been a lot more noticeable earlier on, he woulda missed many days of work (getting up in the AM and getting to the stage by 9pm are very different) and he woulda likely lost many, many jobs...

probably woulda had several DUIs and/or other arrests too...

point is: you can be a rock star and be drunk on the job, hung over on the job etc....you can't do that in "real life"....people would say you have a drinking problem if you did and the bar for "acceptable behavior" before you get fired is much lower in his line of work...

"seemed to be able to stop when he wanted?" Hmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-29 15:17 by stickyfingers101.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home