Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

wich year this mick jagger photo?
Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: June 19, 2020 19:40

this magazine sold dvd hyde park 1969, but the photo seems like 1970´s

did you know from wich year is this photo?

[www.enjoei.com.br]

Re: wich year this mick jagger photo?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 19, 2020 20:08

I’d say 1975-76

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 19, 2020 20:08

March, 1971.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 19, 2020 20:27

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 19, 2020 20:40

z
March, 1971.

Spot on!
I saw them in Bristol's Colston Hall that month. But you can also see him on the Brown Sugar promo clip winking smiley

Posted by: BluesManc ()
Date: June 19, 2020 21:51

Well done. Did you see that tour?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 19, 2020 21:53

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 19, 2020 21:57

1970 or 1971

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 20, 2020 01:40

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2020 01:42

.... Micko could still wear that same top .... AMAZING

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: June 20, 2020 10:39

not the hair cut of the 71 farewell tour . 1970 hair cut

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: June 20, 2020 10:43

... but the shirt look like more the 72 erea !!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 20, 2020 10:55

It's 1971, and it fits with the clothes he wore in Manchester and or Newcastle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-20 10:59 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 20, 2020 12:15

jeanmarie

Mick's hair hardly changed during the 1970-1973 period (he had a wig in 1969 Hyde Park because he was preparing for a movie, Ned Kelly), it's said).
During the 1970 tour he had both different shirts/clothes and a different neckcollar. 1972 (USA) he wore a "one piece suit", which was a great inspiration for Freddy Mercury a couple of years later.
JeanMarie, trust the info from the people above, it's definitely 1971 Goodbye Britain Tour.
smileys with beer

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: June 20, 2020 12:43

UK tour 1971

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 20, 2020 13:03

1971 Manchester [www.gettyimages.nl]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 20, 2020 15:49

georgie48
jeanmarie

Mick's hair hardly changed during the 1970-1973 period (he had a wig in 1969 Hyde Park because he was preparing for a movie, Ned Kelly), it's said).

Lol But that's ridiculous.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 20, 2020 16:28

Big Al
I’d say 1975-76

Heresy! Mick wore a dog collar only in 1970-1971, often combined with a pink suit.

Date: June 20, 2020 18:29

CousinC
georgie48
jeanmarie

What's rediculous about that? Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, Elton John, etc. etc.
Have you seen Mick's haircut in de movie Perfomance? Have you actually seen Mick's haircut in Ned Kelly? Or any other movie he was in?
So anybody wearing a wig due to circumstances is rediculous? Man, what a crazy world we then live in ...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 20, 2020 18:38

georgie48
CousinC
georgie48
jeanmarie

What's rediculous about that? Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, Elton John, etc. etc.
Have you seen Mick's haircut in de movie Perfomance? Have you actually seen Mick's haircut in Ned Kelly? Or any other movie he was in?
So anybody wearing a wig due to circumstances is rediculous? Man, what a crazy world we then live in ...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

This picture was taken on June 13, 1969, three weeks before. Don't think it was a wig.

Date: June 20, 2020 18:59

No offense, Joker, but you should read Bill Wyman's books. I think he wrote it somewhere, or he said it in one of his many interviews. My first response was similar to yours. When I watched the Hyde Park DVD over and over after it, personally it wouldn't surprise me. But if Bill was right, it for sure was a damn high quality wig.
But your image of June 13 makes me wonder. Just will try to figure out what Mick did between June 13 and July 5. He was already involved in Ned Kelly, but actually flew to Australia soon after Hyde Park (with Marianne, whose presence became a drama ...).

Date: June 20, 2020 19:23

georgie48
No offense, Joker, but you should read Bill Wyman's books. I think he wrote it somewhere, or he said it in one of his many interviews. My first response was similar to yours. When I watched the Hyde Park DVD over and over after it, personally it wouldn't surprise me. But if Bill was right, it for sure was a damn high quality wig.
But your image of June 13 makes me wonder. Just will try to figure out what Mick did between June 13 and July 5. He was already involved in Ned Kelly, but actually flew to Australia soon after Hyde Park (with Marianne, whose presence became a drama ...).

No offense taken, Georgie :-). But if it was a wig, Mick took a major risk with his image. Imagine the wig falling down with all the photographers around. Total disaster.

Date: June 20, 2020 20:00

The Joker
georgie48

No offense taken, Georgie :-). But if it was a wig, Mick took a major risk with his image. Imagine the wig falling down with all the photographers around. Total disaster.

Oh yes, I agree. A huge risk. But I happen to have some experience with wigs. Due to (you know what kind) illness my wife was totally bold for some time (20 years ago, so no worries). I bought her the best and most beautiful wig you can image. And surprise (apart from our children) nobody, not even our best friends and even some relatives never ever noticed! She could even swim with her wig on!
So, even almost bankrupt (winking smiley they didn't know it yet at that time), I'm sure Mick could afford a top quality wig. Still ....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 20, 2020 22:48

Mick's hair was very long and blackish during the Hyde Park concert in July 1969 because he's just finished PERFORMANCE, right? Not a wig. I agree that he'd not take a chance of it coming off with hundreds of photographers around. His hair looked similar during " Rock N' Roll Circus" for the same reason....almost black & very long....I like his real hair color much better. Whoever dyes his hair today does a great job, it always looks great!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: June 20, 2020 23:26

mickschix
Mick's hair was very long and blackish during the Hyde Park concert in July 1969 because he's just finished PERFORMANCE, right? Not a wig. I agree that he'd not take a chance of it coming off with hundreds of photographers around. His hair looked similar during " Rock N' Roll Circus" for the same reason....almost black & very long....I like his real hair color much better. Whoever dyes his hair today does a great job, it always looks great!

Correct. He stated in an interview that the look he was after for Performance was Brian's haircut, and Keith's color.

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: June 21, 2020 00:09

thanks for answers, grazie mille boys

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 21, 2020 00:27

Record Mirror March 20.1971

HMN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home