Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Wood's son says 'being raised by a Rolling Stone nearly killed me'
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: June 17, 2020 13:49

todays mirror paper in the uk

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Jess Wood says he took drugs at 14, went to 17 schools and had a heart attack and bypass at 42!!

Re: Ronnie Wood's son says 'being raised by a Rolling Stone nearly killed me'
Date: June 17, 2020 14:46

Jamie?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 17, 2020 18:05

DandelionPowderman
Jamie?

Yes, Jamie Wood. The story is all over the British press. I presume there’s a book to be plugged. Thoroughly uninteresting if you ask me.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 17, 2020 18:19

Strange, but maybe it's smoke without fire? Usually celebrity kids are dependent on their parents financially.
And you don't bite the hand that feeds you. On the other hand - you can't flog a gossip book without some juicy bits...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-17 20:47 by Stoneage.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2020 23:26

ukcal

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Jess Wood says he took drugs at 14, went to 17 schools and had a heart attack and bypass at 42!!

There's an article with that link? Saw nothing but junk!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 17, 2020 23:44

From Belgian digital newspaper.HLN.
Jamie (45), the eldest son of Rolling Stone guitarist Ron Wood (73) and Jo Wood (65), has had an eventful childhood. In an interview with the British newspaper Daily Mail, he states that his dad was such a bad father that there was no question of an upbringing at all. On the contrary, his childhood was so intense that he almost had to pay for it with his life. "As a child I came into contact with drugs so often that I was already addicted at the age of fourteen."
Jamie (45), the eldest son of Rolling Stone guitarist Ron Wood and his then wife Jo, does not paint a very nice picture of his youth. Ron is not his real father, but he raised him. Although not much of that education actually came into the house. “Drugs were the most normal thing in my family. It was part of my development. Nobody wanted to let their kids come to my house after school, ”says Jamie. “As a child I came into contact with drugs so often that I was already addicted at the age of fourteen. There was a constant odor of cannabis in the house. I fished the joints from the ashtrays and hid them. That's how it started. I was about nine years old. ”

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2020 00:12

Isn't he the one who sold the VL tapes to Vigotone ? Thanks for that BTW ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 18, 2020 08:31

GasLightStreet
ukcal

[www.mirror.co.uk]

There's an article with that link? Saw nothing but junk!

Works fine for me (and I'm not even in the UK).

Interesting photo there of Jamie. Looks a lot like Matt Lee did before he grew his beard! :-)))

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 18, 2020 10:27

I recall Jamie Wood scalping tickets (that were allocated to the artists' guests) for USD $1000 a pop at the Beacon Theatre shows back in 2006 ... a**hole !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2020 10:49

tioms
From Belgian digital newspaper.HLN.
Jamie (45), the eldest son of Rolling Stone guitarist Ron Wood (73) and Jo Wood (65), has had an eventful childhood. In an interview with the British newspaper Daily Mail, he states that his dad was such a bad father that there was no question of an upbringing at all. On the contrary, his childhood was so intense that he almost had to pay for it with his life. "As a child I came into contact with drugs so often that I was already addicted at the age of fourteen."
Jamie (45), the eldest son of Rolling Stone guitarist Ron Wood and his then wife Jo, does not paint a very nice picture of his youth. Ron is not his real father, but he raised him. Although not much of that education actually came into the house. “Drugs were the most normal thing in my family. It was part of my development. Nobody wanted to let their kids come to my house after school, ”says Jamie. “As a child I came into contact with drugs so often that I was already addicted at the age of fourteen. There was a constant odor of cannabis in the house. I fished the joints from the ashtrays and hid them. That's how it started. I was about nine years old. ”

Is it surprising that this could happen very easily? Of course not. I know kids who grew up this way, with very non-famous parents. It's all about the drugs. That mania of walking around on coke all the time. It's the sad truth that the musicians we like so much, might not be the greatest human beings on the planet. Fame. Access to anything. It has to warp you.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 18, 2020 14:18

sleazy...

Date: June 18, 2020 14:51

Rip This
sleazy...

Some years ago when his mighty dad (stepdad I should say) was separating/had already separated from his mother, he ended up literally flogging any and every bit of RS 'memorabilia' he could lay his hands on ! Our is perhaps not to pass moral judgement, but it might be at least fair to say that he certainly didn't pass on any opportunity to turn a buck, capitalizing on his rather 'tenuous' connection with the RS. His mum married a Rolling Stone. And ... ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-18 17:00 by paulywaul.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 18, 2020 16:26

paulywaul
Rip This
sleazy...

Some years ago when his mighty dad (stepdad I should say) ... ?

Incredible how not one of the many trash-papers which reported the so called "scoop" noted that Jamie is not Ronnie's son.

C

Date: June 18, 2020 16:59

liddas
paulywaul
Rip This
sleazy...

Incredible how not one of the many trash-papers which reported the so called "scoop" noted that Jamie is not Ronnie's son.

C

Not that 'incredible' for trash papers, 'trash' being the key word here ! grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 18, 2020 18:29

I remember well the incidents mentioned by Paulywaul, not forgetting either the abysmal customer relation skills that some of us had the misfortune to experience when he was in charge of [dis-]organizing a pop-up dinner hosted by Jo. Rude and entitled does not cover it - and I still have the email exchanges to prove it! Hopefully, his attitude has since improved with age.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 18, 2020 18:58

liddas
paulywaul
Rip This
sleazy...

C

I was actually a little confused with this thread at first, because I thought that Jesse was Ronnie's oldest son, and until I read this I didn't know who this Jamie guy was.

My feeling is that the papers didn't mention that he is a step-son not because they were being malicious, but rather than the tendency not to be specific on labeling of family members. Many people get upset if you add the "step-" part, or point out that a child is adopted, as if that somehow diminishes their status in some way. It has become common practice to blur the boundaries of family relationships so it isn't noted if a sibling is a "half-" sister or brother, etc.

Ronnie raised Jamie--for better or worse--since he was a small child, and I guess he adopted him too if he has the name Wood. Ronnie has be called his Dad, even if he's really not his Father. Whatever little monster he turned out to be, credit Ronnie, since he is his Frankenstein.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2020 19:17

Oh, I thought he was selling a book. Apparently not. But why did he "speak out" in the tabloid press then? Usually there is money involved somewhere.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 17, 2020 11:20

Stoneage
Oh, I thought he was selling a book. Apparently not. But why did he "speak out" in the tabloid press then? Usually there is money involved somewhere.

There is [www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: November 17, 2020 13:08

«A pocket blade Richards angrily pulled on Donald Trump in the 90s, when the US President was promoting one of the Stones' shows in America, is included»

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 17, 2020 13:39

DandelionPowderman
«A pocket blade Richards angrily pulled on Donald Trump in the 90s, when the US President was promoting one of the Stones' shows in America, is included»

eye rolling smiley
1989 Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall , which was the Pay Per View event from the Steel Wheels Tour .

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 17, 2020 14:55

With all due respect, but I would avoid going into people's private lives. This is a tabloid newspaper, which they often exaggerate for "sensational news". We don't know anything about their private life, there are children who end up in drugs very young, even though their parents have never used drugs.
Well I have used a lot of drugs and every drug, even the heaviest, I know very well the logic of finding justifications for your behavior, because you are poor, because you are rich, because your parents do not pay attention to you and I could go on , but the truth is, you did it because you wanted to.
After that surely Ronnie's son had the drug world at home, but I guess he was in many other houses too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 17, 2020 16:26

I’ve been thinking about a new knife set for the kitchen...this could be just the thing

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 17, 2020 18:18

Who cares about crap like this? I don't.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2020 22:51

People who live in glass houses .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 17, 2020 23:05

daspyknows

You just did.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 17, 2020 23:06

We hail them as stars but would you let your son be raised by a Rolling Stone?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2020 23:16

Awwww yeah but we all know that
when anyone stuffs up in life they
always blame their father ... ya read it everyday

I turned serial killer because my father never flushed the toilet ...
My father had an affair with our neighbor so I began stalking fat white guys

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 17, 2020 23:53

So true Rockman, especially when there is some money in it for them.

jb

Date: November 18, 2020 00:04

Redhotcarpet
daspyknows

You just did.

Beg to differ. All he did was read the thread, just like I'm doing. It doesn't mean any of us give a s**t ... cos' we don't !

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: November 18, 2020 00:17

Is there a link anywhere to the actual items in the Stones auction?

I for one am very interested to see what RS memorabilia he will be selling off. No doubt some will be crap, and most will be out of my price range, but still interesting to see what's on offer.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home