Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Some Ronnie's setlist painting in Litho format for sale!
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 9, 2021 04:43

rcfoxy
I ordered 4 of the 2019 USA Show Setlists and they arrived 7 days later here in New Zealand! Amazingly quick - thanks Ronnie!

(This time they came in 4 x Triangular tubes, as opposed to flat packed a couple of weeks ago or in round tubes in 2020.)

thumbs up
Great to know Richard!
I haven't pulled the trigger on a second order, have been debating with myself which shows to get and also waiting to see if Ronnie, like the band, has an occasional sale.. winking smiley

Curious which shows you snagged?
I'm looking at potentially- Seattle, Chicago 1, NJ 1, and Santa Clara.

Good on ya... you've motivated me to buy more winking smiley
The Cardiff print (which I ordered) being out of its initial run is a good sign these are selling well for Ronnie.
Would love to snag the book tbh, but a little spendy for me, that I think has better potential of going on sale in the future.
smileys with beer

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 9, 2021 04:58

MisterDDDD
rcfoxy
I ordered 4 of the 2019 USA Show Setlists and they arrived 7 days later here in New Zealand! Amazingly quick - thanks Ronnie!

(This time they came in 4 x Triangular tubes, as opposed to flat packed a couple of weeks ago or in round tubes in 2020.)

thumbs up
Great to know Richard!
I haven't pulled the trigger on a second order, have been debating with myself which shows to get and also waiting to see if Ronnie, like the band, has an occasional sale.. winking smiley

Curious which shows you snagged?
I'm looking at potentially- Seattle, Chicago 1, NJ 1, and Santa Clara.

Good on ya... you've motivated me to buy more winking smiley
The Cardiff print (which I ordered) being out of its initial run is a good sign these are selling well for Ronnie.
Would love to snag the book tbh, but a little spendy for me, that I think has better potential of going on sale in the future.
smileys with beer

Mike - I grabbed the 4 that I was at - Houston, NJ1, NJ2, Miami. Yes the book would be nice, but I like the lithos more and they look great framed!! The book would sit unused alot of the time...and yes its potentially more likely to be on sale one day I guess/hope. (I've just finished acquiring the last 2 sets of RS K2 skis to complete the whole set of 4 now - so things like books are on hold for now)

My intial Cardiff was never sent, and I got a refund. The re-ordered Cardiff one was sent 1 day after the 4 USA setlists, so hopefully it arrives tomorrow :-)

If you ware wanting to just buy more to have...I would go with Miami...as it could be a very significant bit of history one day.... :-)

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 12, 2021 12:16

[twitter.com]
Not a setlist painting this time but seriously my honest opinion is that he should stop. Not painting per se but actively promoting this stuff. It seems weirdly sexualized but also vaguely catholic and also makes me think of hospital gowns at the same time.

Date: February 12, 2021 12:20

Plus I have come to understand a "triptych" not as three paintings with connected motives but as one motive/painting split up onto three canvasses?

Date: February 15, 2021 16:24

ok so did this just go unnoticed or is it something we swept under the rug?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 15, 2021 16:40

Nikkei

It's here: [Twitter.com] - picture.

Pre-show warm-up .... grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2021 20:12

My brother, who's a color-blinded person, really likes Ron's art...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 15, 2021 21:51

It may not be everyone’s taste, but it keeps him busy and away from the bottle.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 15, 2021 23:56

>My brother, who's a color-blinded person, really likes Ron's art...

I dont know if that was meant to be a slur, but there really is something to that.

And it could be the way the artist meant it to be experienced. Has anyone ever seen the world through Ronnies eyes?

jb

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2021 10:13

jbwelda

I dont know if that was meant to be a slur, but there really is something to that.
jb

Yes it was... but Koen's joke's better than mine. thumbs up

Date: February 16, 2021 19:35

Again, Koen's post was not taken as a joke by me. it contains more than a little truth.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 16, 2021 19:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 16, 2021 21:48

jbwelda
Again, Koen's post was not taken as a joke by me. it contains more than a little truth.

jb

Yup - no joke intended.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: February 20, 2021 15:33

Hello,

is there anybody else who got problems with damaged prints of setlists?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 20, 2021 17:17

I think Ronnie is a great artist and his print of Mick with Harmonica is my prized possession

Date: February 20, 2021 17:40

sarahunwin
I think Ronnie is a great artist and his print of Mick with Harmonica is my prized possession

smileys with beer
Love that Mick print... (assuming it is this one) done in two colors if I'm not mistaken.
Emerald and Red...(not sure if more)
I have individual pieces of all the band members, and the whole band, but have yet to complete it in with a Mick piece.
Was going back and forth a while ago between the two versions.. which one did you get cool smiley?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-20 17:45 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 20, 2021 19:32

Nikkei

Went unnoticed, but now that I've seen it, maybe it should be swept under the rug ...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 20, 2021 20:14

What is going on there, or with whom, I might rather ask?

I love that Mick print, was tempted by the emerald.
So far, I almost bought Ronnie's Charlie on saxophone years ago. It is worth 4-5 time more now.
I don't buy for investment. :-) Sticking to photos for now, black and white.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 20, 2021 23:49

blutsvente66
Hello,

is there anybody else who got problems with damaged prints of setlists?

Yes I did as well. The damage was mostly severe wrinkles. The packaging
was odd. Two small tubes(with one crushed) and one flat package. The
flat was just inserted within 2 flat cardboard envelopes - one envelope inserted from the top and one envelope inserted from the bottom. The tubes
and flat package was then dropped in a plastic bag and shipped to the U.S.
The tubes were made of very thin cardboard.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 21, 2021 15:42

Just got my setlist yesterday. I was also surprised by the packaging. Happy to say mine is okay. I can see how it could be easily damaged. The cardboard is too thin, but the positive is the triangle shape is better for the address/postage. Maybe they could have used this over a traditional poster tube? I do like the heavy plastic outside, keeps it safe from rain and snow. Good thinking there.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 20:01

I've given up now. Even in the third attempt, the Ronnieshop did not manage to send a undamaged print. And I even offered more money so that they could buy sturdy cardboard.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:06

Never got anything and they billed me. Same thing happened when I tried to order a concert poster in 2015 from the Stones site. Ridiculous. A friend of mine did get theirs and its was in awful shape

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 18:41

Ronnie's art is great. It's a great shame they don't take a lot more care when packaging and shipping it. It reflects badly.

Date: March 18, 2021 21:13

Ronnie Wood Releases Limited Edition Prints and Set Lists

"I'm happy to be launching three new art collections in my store today! Group Studies of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and myself on stage; the Collectors' Series of the Rolling Stones; and EVERY setlist from the 14 On Fire tour!" Ronnie Wood

Collectors Series-

Group Studies Series-

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 18, 2021 23:24

Someone mixed up something...this show took place 19th June 2014...and I was there...
But this litho ...well then...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2021 01:20

shortfatfanny

Someone mixed up something...this show took place 19th June 2014...and I was there...

Shame - seems various mistakes can be found in all of Ronnie's work, both his visual "art" as well as his guitar playing.
Maybe this will eventually be sold at a discount...

Date: March 19, 2021 02:16

shortfatfanny

Nice.. I'd take that as a good typo, a reality of touring.. a "what city? what day?" type mistake. Similar to Keith doodling on one.. a slice of their real life in the moment.

Don't listen to the negative nancys sure to post here using it as yet another excuse to whine about his whole career etc. likely even milking it to bring up his guitar miscues (they never got over Taylor, poor lads) going back decades.. eye rolling smiley

The wrong date adds to this print imo winking smiley

Date: March 19, 2021 05:34

>The wrong date adds to this print imo

yep

jb

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: March 30, 2021 05:03

I've had issues with damage also. I ordered London #1, received it in a thin triangular cardboard tube. The tube and print were severely damaged, looked to have had something heavy set right on the middle of it. I contacted the webstore, they sent out a second package. Fortunately, the second package arrived in perfect condition. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong print as a replacement - I received Chicago #2, a gig I wasn't at so it bears no importance to me. Contacted them again, they sent out a third package which arrived today. It was the right print but again bore damage that's noticeable but relatively minor. I have no idea if it's even worth bothering to try and get them to send a replacement yet again. The fact that they think a half-thick triangular cardboard tube is suitable for ANY shipping, let alone international shipping is beyond asinine, especially at the prices they're charging for the prints. They've told me not to send either of the first two prints back - how is any of this even profitable if they're having to send out multiple prints due to damage (And of course, incompetence of replacing with the wrong item)?

Date: March 30, 2021 06:17

well, look at it this way, you got your print and two also, albeit damaged. You can probably recoup your money on the print by selling the other two at a discount.

because, for sure, I ain't gonna be ordering anything from these people.

PS: jbwelda@gmail.com

thanks
jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 06:18 by jbwelda.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home