Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Some Ronnie's setlist painting in Litho format for sale!
Date: January 16, 2021 02:35

Is Ronnie so short of money that he needs to sell those set lists?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 16, 2021 11:14

emotionalbarbecue

I'd rather wonder who's waisting his/her money on such overpriced pseudo-art

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2021 14:09

jbwelda
>Meanwhile, Neil Young, Dylan, Springsteen, McCartney, and others have actually been making new music for their fans.

From what I have heard, they could have spared the effort and our collective ears and wallets as well.

jb

Who did you speak with? A Ronnie Wood art collector? As far as I know they have all received good criticism. Springsteen's new album is really good (and I'm not even a Bruce fan)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 16, 2021 19:21

Neil bores the daylights out of me, when I hear his voice I wonder how many have committed suicide to it; heard the Dylan and could have gone and lef it; got the Paulie and made it about halfway through one of the four (all the same except one track) before deciding this is done and while Bruce's stuff always interests me in an academic way, probably not enough to devote the time to it.

So...give me a Ronnie litho instead.

jb

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: January 16, 2021 20:05

Despite money, i ordered EDI, cause such great memrories ! that`s our life ... in these days, and not only, stay happy smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 16, 2021 21:28

jbwelda
Neil bores the daylights out of me, when I hear his voice I wonder how many have committed suicide to it; heard the Dylan and could have gone and lef it; got the Paulie and made it about halfway through one of the four (all the same except one track) before deciding this is done and while Bruce's stuff always interests me in an academic way, probably not enough to devote the time to it.

jb

Agree..
Throw in "LIAGT", "Scarlet", "All The Rage", "Criss Cross", and even the 45 sec clip of ‘Pride Before A Fall’.. collectively better than most of the solo artists material listed who could create singularly.
Throw in launching a flagship store, a viral performance playing separately, Exhibitionism, deluxe GHS and other releases, stunning collaborative videos, etc etc., along with the art and solo projects,
you'd think most fans would get enough for their.. Satisfaction winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 16, 2021 22:54

slewan
emotionalbarbecue

I'd rather wonder who's waisting his/her money on such overpriced pseudo-art

Preview of the North America 2019 setlists...I think this is either Chicago 1 or Chicago 2?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 16, 2021 23:16

Dont be silly .... that's a painting
of a chair tipped over on it's back
by Suda the world famous painting elephant .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 17, 2021 02:47

How anti-Ronnie/twisted does one have to be to mock his four yo twins coloring on the posters?
Seems like the littles should be off limits, and yet here we are.

Maybe if they come out with an album the haters will lighten up.. confused smiley

Date: January 17, 2021 02:54

No one here has critiqued anyone other than Ronnie and his art as far as I can tell.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 17, 2021 04:16

Hairball that’s the first night set list from the Chicago show.I should know I was there .
This art is really the dogs bollocks.It’s both subtle and yet extreme.The way the colours intertwine is simply divine.They dance along the canvas,reflecting and refracting in perfect motion.This is a technique called orifice brush stroking,which was last used by the Old Barbarians tribe way down in the Amazon.Amazing let’s put this up at a top dollar price.
Long live orifice brush art.

Date: January 17, 2021 04:27

Yep put it out on ebay and lets watch the action!

For sure.

jb

Date: January 17, 2021 04:48

stargroover
Hairball that’s the first night set list from the Chicago show. I should know I was there .
This art is really the dogs bollocks.It’s both subtle and yet extreme.The way the colours intertwine is simply divine.They dance along the canvas,reflecting and refracting in perfect motion.This is a technique called orifice brush stroking,which was last used by the Old Barbarians tribe way down in the Amazon.Amazing let’s put this up at a top dollar price.
Long live orifice brush art.

Lol...

Thought there was a chance it was the second show which I was at - if you squint and read closely between the lines, you can sort of see the words "Play With Fire (B-stage)", but maybe I'm misreading it?winking smiley

Haha - long live the orifice brush art.thumbs up

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 17, 2021 10:46

Lol Hairball
But on a serious note I think you might be correct in your analysis of this masterpiece.I do see “Play with Fire” quite clearly now.
However upon further scrutiny I have detected a spelling error on that rarely performed gem,”Tumbling dice”.Dice is spelt with a “k” not an “e”.Is this a cryptic message the artist might be putting out to the fans who have purchased it?
I would hate to see fans waste their hard earned dollars with such a spelling error now so blatant to my eyes.
But still....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 17, 2021 13:09

I remember Ronnie and Charlie talking about how they have to spend endless hours backstage until it's time for the show to start. I figure especially for someone like Ronnie not being able to get wasted during that time it may be useful to perform a sort of ritual instead of fidgeting around. It doesn't really surprise me that he'd try to sell these, but it should be clear that they are meant to be concert souvenirs. Ronnie would not be doing himself any favors if he put them in line with his actual artwork.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 17, 2021 20:42

jbwelda

jb

haha...that's funny!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 18, 2021 06:39

As an artist, he makes an excellent guitarist

Rod

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: January 19, 2021 16:51

Ronnie can be considered a fair-to-middling first year illustration student, unlikely to sell any of his flat, paint-by-number, photo copy pictures were it not for his musical pedigree. That said, if he peddles a set-list to a show I attended I might make room for it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 19, 2021 19:13

It seems some here had ordered them the first time around without the "golden seal", do they look decent once in hand or framed ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 2, 2021 21:22

I ordered some Setlists last year from the original bunch that were released and have them framed, and they look great!

Also ordered a couple more 2018 Tour (Gold Seal) ones earlier this year and they arrived in New Zealand within a week - amazingly fast! Sadly they sent one wrong one. I emailed them and a week later they replied saying they would refund me for the Cardiff one I never received as they were out of stock and unable to resupply.

So I go on the RW site today and they are still available to order, it does say out of stock but more coming, so I thought it was worth the gamble.

All the original ones that were on the site from last year are no longer there, so if you are contemplating getting some, I suggest you do before they disappear and you need to pay eBay prices. (FYI - The original ones are on a nicer heavier stock that the gold seal ones (which come flat packed) as opposed to the originals in a tube.)

And in particular, if you were at Miami - I suggest you buy it because you never know.....

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-02 21:30 by rcfoxy.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 2, 2021 21:39

I just ordered the Prague one (and just got an email saying it's shipped a day later). Sure - they are overpriced, but for me (as others have stated) I just see it as a nice souvenir of an awesome night and great show in a fantastic (if crowded) city I was lucky to visit - so will bring some very nice memories every time I look at it.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 3, 2021 19:09

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-15 19:27 by schillid.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 4, 2021 18:47

My Prague litho just arrived - SUPER fast delivery. Came via Fed Ex (I think I ordered it less than a week ago). Came in a large full size well packaged shipment (not rolled up). A bit of an odd size - 23-1/2 x 16-1/2", but hoping I don't need to get a custom frame. Anyways - I'm happy with it!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 4, 2021 20:23

DEmerson
My Prague litho just arrived - SUPER fast delivery. Came via Fed Ex (I think I ordered it less than a week ago). Came in a large full size well packaged shipment (not rolled up). A bit of an odd size - 23-1/2 x 16-1/2", but hoping I don't need to get a custom frame. Anyways - I'm happy with it!

Good deal thumbs up ... if you were at the show, I can definitely see getting one! It will make for a great conversation piece, don't cheap it up w/ a flimsy frame - go all out now that you have already splurged!

Date: February 5, 2021 06:13

Well its not a setlist, but I have always (well, not always, but still) wanted an original piece of art from Ronnie Wood, and especially if it involved Keith Richards. So one day I was grazing around ebay with some extra cash in my account and I came across this artist's proof, 17 of 30, signed and notated more than once, with a history to an art gallery in London where he had an exhibit back in 2010.

It was listed at a price but offered to accept offers, so I lowballed it and expected to be laughed at. But instead he accepted my offer, which was more than kind of him.

This was back in October or November of last year, I then decided to get a nice frame made for it so took it to a well respected (and very busy as it turned out) framing house near me. It had been over two months and I was getting impatient. But the other day they called to say come pick it up, and that they had upgraded the glass from simple UV protect to museum quality for making me wait.

When I went to arrange the framing, I asked them if they had any kind of voodoo or jungle symbology and lo and behold, they had black framing material with woodcut skulls and bones. I couldn't get a good photo of the frame because its pretty subtle but it makes a great match for this print.

I put the framed print in my front room last night just to look at it and live with it, and I f'in love it. It really comes alive in dimmer light where it blends into black and white. Even in good light, the use of the blues and slight reds is really well done. Really captured Keith in a moment. Its something I could live with on the walls of my main room but it destined for a place of honor in the music room wall.

jb

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 5, 2021 12:07

jbwelda, that's amazing. Always nice to hear someone is satisfied. Enjoy it for years to come.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 5, 2021 19:03

jbwelda, very nice indeed! Good deals on the great piece and the framing.
I find that once I had museum glass, nothing else really works.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-05 19:19 by angee.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: February 8, 2021 19:12

I admit I bought a setlist. Much too expensive but a nice reminder from our last concert maybe my last ever. So the poster arrives and is totally crumpled. The parcel man was not interested in not throwing anything on top of my parcel. A 100 euro poster packed in a 10 cent box. Long live business administration and profit optimization.

Date: February 8, 2021 20:27

I would get with the seller to right the wrongs. If that did not work I would cancel my payment through paypal if you used their services. I would not let it go by without a fight. Decent packing is essential and if they couldn't be bothered with it, then they deserve to get screwed. The post man had nothing to do with it; you cannot expect them to guard one parcel out of the millions they handle. It is up to the seller to ship it properly. Tell them jb say so.

jb

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 9, 2021 04:14

I ordered 4 of the 2019 USA Show Setlists and they arrived 7 days later here in New Zealand! Amazingly quick - thanks Ronnie!

(This time they came in 4 x Triangular tubes, as opposed to flat packed a couple of weeks ago or in round tubes in 2020.)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home