Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Will Brown Sugar ever be played live again ?
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 11, 2020 00:58

They will play BS again. Please do not bow to the FAR LEFT.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:02

If Cilla Black was still alive they'd
probably force her to return to her original name ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:03

jbwelda
Yeah hey there was no racism four months ago! What the heck! Madness and so unexpected!

jb

smileys with beer

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:12

Keith probably wouldn't mind retiring it as it is definitively a Mick song. I've seen him blow it up more than once live. Probably a sign that him & Mick were having a disagreement haha.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:21

Midnight Toker

It’s about humanity, please stop politicizing this.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:23

> Please do not bow to the FAR LEFT.

just incredible.

I think I do see the problem though.

jb

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:24

im against racism of any form but violent protests should be stamped out, and ripping down statues is a no no, its not your statue to rip down, so your committing a crime, if your not happy about the history of britain or america i sympathise but you cant change it, no one can change history, we can only learn from it.

i feel the black community are quick to stick together in certain issues where they feel hard done by but not so quick when they are the perpetrators to stamp out the negative aspects of their own society, i support black lives matter but not the way some of them go about it, as it will only add fuel to the fire in the fight against racism.

i also believe every life matters regardless of colour, but that dont get a mention. sad as the situation is messing around or trying to eradicate history or dictating what should happen will cause more anguish.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:25

crholmstrom
Keith probably wouldn't mind retiring it as it is definitively a Mick song. I've seen him blow it up more than once live. Probably a sign that him & Mick were having a disagreement haha.

Wow CR I really thought this a Keith driven song. His footprints are all over this one. Of course it is not the best song on SF - but this surprises me among outside madness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 01:27 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:30

racism is rooted and bad, not just in the us, as it is police and authority abuse toward minorities or anyone that happens to be in the wrong place in the wrong time.
bigotry and censorship is the wrong turn.

to despise nazism does not mean leni riefenstahl movies should be hidden from view, quite the opposite, same goes with racism and griffith and, oh my, gone with the wind....confused smiley

i think mick knows better than that and will not drop it from the setlist

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:34

Chris Fountain
I'm sick of it all! Why does everything in our society have to be an issue??? There were no problems 4 months ago. We need to stop this madness. Society is much worse than the pandemic. All go back to work!!

Well, I guess if someone hadn't've casually leaned on someone's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in a repeat of abuse of power - remember not too long ago the morons that mocked the death of Eric Garner at the hand of the NYPD and showed up in NYC with t-shirts that said I CAN BREATHE? Same thing, some cop being a racist brute.

There's a new video of some police guy ranting about how they're treated bad, how they should be respected... there's something wrong with the police mentality overall for them to think they can just bash people's heads in or, I dunno, lean on their neck until they stop breathing.

What's weird is there are a lot of black men and women that are police officers and even they are part of the brutality. There's some really screwed up disconnect that needs to be fixed.

But what you said, there were no problems 4 months ago... just over 400 years ago would be more appropriate.

Brown Sugar? No problem.

Date: June 11, 2020 01:46

I abide by the new social distancing guidelines. However, when the riots ignited - how can any such rule be justified? The protesters broke every health wise guideline - while some in many other states did -such as Florida. Now the Pandemic keeps rolling along without any direction- all directions These destructive Protests is the most stupidest shit I have ever seen.

My point is Brown Sugar is great and nothing do with any social discourse. (Non-political)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 01:49 by Chris Fountain.

Date: June 11, 2020 01:52

..... retract

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 02:58 by Rockman.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 11, 2020 01:59

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Wow CR I really thought this a Keith driven song. His footprints are all over this one. Of course it is not the best song on SF - but this surprises me among outside madness.

From what I've read/heard (don't ask for article, long ago) Keith wasn't even present at the initial sessions. The riff is Mick's....

Date: June 11, 2020 01:59

Wow Rockman

The Age published footage showing them allegedly using excessive force during a welfare check of a disability pensioner.

Hell- I don't want anyone checking on my welfare - after seeing that video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-11 02:03 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:03

Chris Fountain
I'm sick of it all! Why does everything in our society have to be an issue??? There were no problems 4 months ago. We need to stop this madness. Society is much worse than the pandemic. All go back to work!!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 11, 2020 02:06

Not as good as The Office

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:19

Aquamarine
jbwelda
Yeah hey there was no racism four months ago! What the heck! Madness and so unexpected!

jb

smileys with beer

Yes, and there's still no racism. We are living through a period of mass hysteria...

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:25

video: [www.youtube.com] 1965 an American show called shindig.stones played. But they INSISTED Howling Wolf be on also or they wouldn't. Great stuff.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:26

Koen
Midnight Toker

Agree! Whats wrong with you Toker Grow up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:26

MileHigh
Aquamarine
jbwelda

jb

smileys with beer

Yes, and there's still no racism. We are living through a period of mass hysteria...

I take it you don't belong to an ethnic minority.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:30

More Hot Rocks
Koen
Midnight Toker

Agree! Whats wrong with you Toker Grow up

Ignorant comment by Toker. didnt the Stones put out a comment about how they are against racism last week? And you right somtehing like this? MHR is right. Whats wrong with you?

Date: June 11, 2020 02:31

Brown Sugar is a song is song of inspiration ; It reminds us that we need to get every thing properly aligned for the start of CFB, NFL and CBB come Fall!!

smileys with beer

Date: June 11, 2020 02:37

But they INSISTED Howling Wolf be on also or they wouldn't. Great stuff.

YES says so much .....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 11, 2020 02:40

Aquamarine
MileHigh
Aquamarine
jbwelda

jb

smileys with beer

I take it you don't belong to an ethnic minority.

I am arguing for the objective truth. There's no racism in the United States when you look at daily interactions and opportunity on a mass scale. The idea that there is horrible racism in the United States is something that has been manufactured over the past few weeks and it is positively Orwellian.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 11, 2020 02:57

"MileHigh" for real. You cannot possibly believe that. Manufactured over the past few weeks, are you kidding? Whats Orwellian is that you could possibly have been led to believe this.

jb

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:07

Why is there politics on this site? And I don’t want to talk about race in America,just the greatest rock n roll band in the world.But the truth is over the last 4years 90 percent of blacks killed in homicides were by other blacks.Last year 9 unarmed blacks were killed by cops and 19 whites were.2660 blacks killed by other blacks.But I would just like to hear more about the Stones. Like how underrated a guitarist Ron Wood is

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:10

War Is Peace.

Date: June 11, 2020 03:30

jbwelda
"MileHigh" for real. You cannot possibly believe that. Manufactured over the past few weeks, are you kidding? Whats Orwellian is that you could possibly have been led to believe this.

jb

I have followed up on this and related issues for years. For example, "police running amok." In 2019 there were 10 cases where police shot and killed unarmed black men. But 80% of them were justified. Like if someone gets in a car and tries the run the cop down. So with 330 million people in the United States there were a grand total of two cases where police unjustifiably killed black men. And those two cops charged. And yet people claim "the police are racist and out of control."

I apologize ahead of time to BV and I understand that this will deleted. But cops are overall fantastic people and they save way more lives than they take. You can extrapolate what I said to the whole argument alleging rampant racism. Reality has to reign supreme one of these days.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:48

As far as I can tell, there is yet a courtcase to be held about the recent incident involving a policeteam (of mixed race, btw) that applied apparently unnecessary force against a coloured person, with terrible outcome. So, as of yet, no one knows what their motive was.

To return to the subject. In the present light of things, I wouldn't be surprised if some people were seeing fit, having read this discussion, to go out and demolish our beloved band and everything they did for us, also.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:56

What georgie48 said. It's not a racist song.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home