Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. English Premier League has some live games on Freeview.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2020 01:08

This has cheered me up a lot as someone who loves live sport on TV.

Here in UK we got horse racing and snooker on live TV this week with all the precautions that go with it which has been great.

Just seen that Premier League soccer will be on Freeview TV on BBC and Pick channels starting June 19th on Pick and June 20th on BBC.
The first big one for me will be Everton v Liverpool on Pick June 21st and Man United v Sheffield United on Pick June 24th.

Brighton v Man United on June 30th is another highlight for me.
Many other games on Freeview as well. including FA Cup with Man United on June 27th and Man City on June 28th, both on BBC. smileys with beer

Re: O.T. English Premier League has some live games on Freeview.
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 8, 2020 05:57

This has been the longest sport free period in my life. In 40 years... Since 2-3 I was kicking a ball and from 6 an avid Liverpool fan. Rugby, GAA, Soccer, Boxing.... always something on to watch at the weekends or during the week. But nothing for the last 2 months or more.... Can’t wait to get my Fix again. Sport is it’s own mad passion.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 8, 2020 10:07

They have been showing lots of sporting classic events. Very enjoyable, of course, but the great thing about live sport is that you don't know what's going to happen!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2020 10:31

Good, but...team sports without an audience (on place) will not be the same...

Date: June 8, 2020 13:08

It certainly won't be the same without spectators,but just watching your team playing another team live is still something to look forward to.

Can't wait to see Liverpool and Manchester United play other teams live.
I know there are loads of old games and sporting highlights on TV these days but personally that doesn't spark my interest.
Been watching live horse racing and snooker over the weekend and although not a big fan of those sports, it's live and you don't know who will win.

Bring it on. smileys with beer

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 8, 2020 21:12

good to get some football back but wont be the same without the crowds, but its better than nothing, would have been watching the start of the euros on friday so thats a disapointment that it wont be on till next year, but plenty of english live games coming up, so looking forward to that.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 9, 2020 07:45

Anyone who Is used to going to Local games won’t find the lack of crowds a problem... 20 voices is all that’s usually heard...

Date: June 21, 2020 21:20

Well, it's the big one for me tonight .
Everton v Liverpool local derby.
Seen a few games on Freeview Pick channel and BBC.
Liverpool,Spurs and Man United are my favourite teams for this season, and hoping it is good football tonight and Liverpool get one step nearer to being Premier League Champions.
It's really good to have top flight football on Freeview here in UK for rest of the season.
Live Sport or other live events of any sort can make a lot of us feel much better in these difficult times. smileys with beer.

Date: June 21, 2020 23:19

Not a great game and ended up without a goal being scored
Just noticed Man City v Burnley on Pick Freeview Monday night, which is great,as wasn't on TV schedule this morning.
All depends on how Man City do tomorrow night,how near Liverpool are to be Premier League Champions..

Bring it on. smileys with beer

Date: July 1, 2020 00:39

Just watched a really good Premier league match on Freeview Pick channel tonight that I had almost forgotten about.
Manchester United had a really great game against Brighton , especially the first half, and were 3-0 up with such a great third goal.

So glad for Man. Utd. and their Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjar, who are getting better all the time.
Over here in UK they are in the semi final of the FA Cup, 5th or 6th in Premier League, and still in Euro competitions, as far as I can remember. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-01 00:43 by crawdaddy.

Date: July 9, 2020 01:04

Just been listening on radio to the match with Brighton v Liverpool and highlights just coming up on BBC1.
Liverpool were 2-0 up after less than 10 minutes and won at Brighton 3-1 at the end.

Really glad that it was a good result for Man Utd. with Wolves (although I do like this team as well),losing tonight away to Sheff.Utd.

I am also glad about Man Utd. as they are in a good position in 5th place in the Premier League to guarantee Europe competitions next season........if they keep it up.

I'm so glad that Ole Gunnar Solskjar as manager has been supported by Man Utd. in getting this team as the team they are now. They are playing their best football from one game to the next. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 01:13

crawdaddy
Just been listening on radio to the match with Brighton v Liverpool and highlights just coming up on BBC1.
Liverpool were 2-0 up after less than 10 minutes and won at Brighton 3-1 at the end.

Really glad that it was a good result for Man Utd. with Wolves (although I do like this team as well),losing tonight away to Sheff.Utd.

I am also glad about Man Utd. as they are in a good position in 5th place in the Premier League to guarantee Europe competitions next season........if they keep it up.

I'm so glad that Ole Gunnar Solskjar as manager has been supported by Man Utd. in getting this team as the team they are now. They are playing their best football from one game to the next. smileys with beer

He’s their 4th different manager since Fergie retired 7 years ago. Glad for him that they’re giving him time. Very unusual these days. Fergie struggled for a long time after his initial appointment in 1986. It took him 7 years to win his first league title and there were several poor seasons in that time. It he’d arrived 30 years later, he would have been sacked long before then.

Date: July 19, 2020 21:27

Just been watching a very eventful first half of Man Utd v Chelsea FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium behind closed doors.

Both teams really want to get to the Final next month, but gotta say Chelsea had the best first half and it's 1-0 to them.

Both are the main contenders for 3rd and 4th place in Premier League, which puts them in the European Champions League.

Both play on Wednesday night with Man Utd. v West Ham and Liverpool v Chelsea with just one game each to play in Premier League after that.

Just seen awful mistake by Man Utd. goalkeeper to make it 2-0.
Come on Man Utd. , you can beat Chelsea.
Chelsea were definately the best side tonight and 3-1 to Chelsea was fair enough . Can't argue about that at all.

Liverpool and Man Utd. are my two teams I follow this season with great teams and great managers,who I really admire. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-19 23:45 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2020 22:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-19 23:31 by Stoneage.

Date: July 26, 2020 20:54

What a great last day of the English Premier League, with all the games starting at 4p.m.

Liverpool and Man Utd, which I have keenly followed all season both done well.

Liverpool winning 3-1 at Newcastle were Champions with a huge lead over Man City.

Also Man Utd winning 2-0 at Leicester made sure they finish 3rd in the Premier League and are in the European Champions League for next season, which is great.

They are still in the Europa League competition with a game on August 5th to get to the Quarter Finals .....................which are great achievements for the team and the manager.

In these days of lockdown and travel restrictions, live sport has been something I have really enjoyed on the TV. thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home