Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Beach boys' party Uncovered and unplugged recordings
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 4, 2020 00:56

I run into these recordings on my streaming channel. Really good, amazing gems live in the studio. The boys were super relax, laughing, joking, playing all kinds of songs acoustic; they do "Satisfaction'.

Rockandroll,
Mops

"[en.wikipedia.org]

Re: OT : Beach boys' party Uncovered and unplugged recordings
Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: June 5, 2020 08:52

I've heard/DL'd a few of these, mostly the Beatles covers, from the main album, not the Uncovered/Unplugged sessions. I'll have to dig deeper there.

The Beach Boys harmonized as well as any musicians ever, but a lot of their (non best of/greatest hits) sounds the same, kinda like the Grateful Dead, imho.

I did a deep dive into their studio albums & got through the late '70's before I couldn't take it anymore. Lots of vanilla stuff, that doesn't seem to tie together for a myriad of reasons. Don't get me wrong, I love the Beach Boys & probably 50+ of their songs, but vs. the volume of their entire catalog, it's small.

WIKI: List of unreleased songs recorded by the Beach Boys

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 5, 2020 13:35

It is from these covers sessions done in 1965 that the Beach Boys produced the hit Barbara Ann. Like the Stones in 2016, the Beach boys didn't have songs ready when entering the studio so they thought that doing covers was the way to go because Capitol wanted a new record out.They entered the studio with the covers plan in mind ;no wall was hit.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 5, 2020 18:07

rollmops
It is from these covers sessions done in 1965 that the Beach Boys produced the hit Barbara Ann. Like the Stones in 2016, the Beach boys didn't have songs ready when entering the studio so they thought that doing covers was the way to go because Capitol wanted a new record out.They entered the studio with the covers plan in mind ;no wall was hit.
Rockandroll,
Mops

So I guess the Stones doing something on the level of Pet Sounds is now just around the corner...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 5, 2020 18:48

"Bianca, No"
"Bad Vibrations"
A cover of "Sail On, Sailor" with Blondie on vocals
"Don't Talk (Anymore About The Tiny Todger)"
"Charlie Only Knows"
"Wouldn't It Be Nice (To Retire)"

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: June 5, 2020 21:54

I loved the Stones/Oldham vs. of: I Get Around.

Does anyone have 'Shang A Doo Lang'? (Stones version) and/or 'Doo Wah Diddy'?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home