Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hyde Park Interviews 13th June 1969
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 3, 2020 22:01

hi,

new to me, came up today …

www.nzentgraf.de …
690628A 28th June: German TV (Radio Bremen) ‘Beat Club’. Incl.
- interview with MJ (Hyde Park 13.06.)
- interview with MT (Hyde Park 13.06.)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-05 19:34 by bv.

Re: 1969 june 28th - hyde parc - interviews
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 3, 2020 23:19

sorry, 1969 june 13th (instead of 28th),

mick taylor: "we'll be doing a concert in rome in the Coliseum …" :-)

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 4, 2020 05:33

thomashanck

Wasn't that the originally planned re-shooting of "Rock'n'Roll Circus" that never happened?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 5, 2020 01:22

thomashanck

Memories.....

In the few weeks before the rumoured Colosseum show we were about to set off for a few weeks in Italy, passing through Rome.

So I rang NME and asked if they knew any details about this rumoured show. They said that they had published all they knew... and why didn't I ring The Rolling Stones office and ask them. They gave me the number.

So I did.

The person who answered the phone couldn't confirm, but neither could she deny the rumour.

We set off for Italy and indeed visited the Colosseum a couple of days before the rumoured date.

There were (obviously in retrospect) absolutely no signs of any concert related activity there whatsoever. And... at the time the building looked so fragile that it could be blown over by a single amplified chord from a stage speaker. So we assumed (rightly in retrospect) that it wasn't going to happen.

While we were away we learned about the death of Brian Jones.

Our return from southern Italy (we ended up near Pompeii - AMAZING PLACE) we made better time than we expected so we stopped over for a couple of days in the middle of France.

That meant that when we returned to London we were driving through some crowds that were leaving an event in Hyde Park about which we'd heard absolutely nothing at all. That's how I missed The Stones in the Park!

(Many years later the Collosseum was greatly restored and strengthened. McCartney did two concerts there on successive nights. One small and very expensive show to high rollers inside. The second night was free and was played to a huge crowd outside.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home