Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick Jagger in Italy
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 3, 2020 00:13

Mick in Italy to record a new single?

[www.calciomercato.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-04 14:36 by bv.

Re: Mick in Italy to record a new single?
Posted by: damnation ()
Date: June 3, 2020 00:55

Just an official excuse to cross the French border and sip some italian Chianti grinning smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 3, 2020 00:56

Thanks

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2020 01:01

Nice.. perhaps preparing to work on new Stones material as this appears to be gossip column type fodder.

Translated- (mostly)

"As Italy prepares for the definitive reopening tomorrow June 3, Tuscany could be the residence chosen by Mick Jagger for the coming months. The historical front man of the Rolling Stones who in March had to postpone the summer tour "No Filter" because of the pandemic, would have given in secret to their agents to find him an isolated villa near Florence to live safely the current period and designing a new single at the same time. Evidently, Tuscany (which has been little affected by Covid-19 overall and has never experienced emergency situations) is the most peaceful place to spend the summer of 2020.

As was foreseeable, the race to propose to Mick Jagger the most exclusive villas in the whole Tuscan territory was unleashed: from the Val d'Orcia, to the Maremma up to the Chianti at the gates of Florence.

the 76-year-old English singer, currently in his castle in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France, would have requested a six-bedroom villa for himself and his relatives plus another nearby residence to house staff, security and musicians ."

Re: Mick in Italy ?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 3, 2020 01:02

Details? Pop up blocks the site almost immediately.

EDIT: Thanks, MisterDDDD.

So a "new single" ain't exactly his primary focus...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 01:05 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 3, 2020 01:20

Maybe he’s single again?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2020 01:45

....he's always been single hasnt he ????

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2020 02:06

damnation
Just an official excuse to cross the French border and sip some italian Chianti grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2020 02:38

damnation

Is that her name?

Date: June 3, 2020 03:01

.... maybe he's got a roll for a Spaghetti Western ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 05:44

New single: "Italy Won" ??!!

Date: June 3, 2020 09:47

KRiffhard
[www.calciomercato.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 3, 2020 10:06

Gaining new property at 76? How many houses does he need? I guess it has to do with his tax evasion plan. I hear that his estate in Chelsea is owned through a company in the British Virgin Islands.
I'm not as versed on international tax laws as Sir Michael's army of lawyers but I guess he can't stay more than 90 days in any country in order to escape taxes.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 10:21

As a Tuscan this is great news. Plus the countryside, the wine and the food are absolutely divine. I reccomend the wild boar peposo, ravioli
al fiasco and a Bolgheri wine.:

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 3, 2020 12:31

Upcoming duet with Sting?

Jokes apart, Mick has been seen a lot in Maremma (Tuscany) in the past years. I was told that he is friends with a local nobleman, and that he has suits tailored for him by a very famous local tailor shop

C

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2020 13:18

Stoneage
Gaining new property at 76? How many houses does he need? I guess it has to do with his tax evasion plan. I hear that his estate in Chelsea is owned through a company in the British Virgin Islands.
I'm not as versed on international tax laws as Sir Michael's army of lawyers but I guess he can't stay more than 90 days in any country in order to escape taxes.

I suspect Mick’s had no fixed abode since leaving his full-time London residence in ‘71. The perennial wanderer.

Date: June 3, 2020 13:45

wandering spirit ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 3, 2020 14:21

recording the soundtrack for the sequel to Call Me By Your Name...

Date: June 3, 2020 15:28

desertblues68
As a Tuscan this is great news. Plus the countryside, the wine and the food are absolutely divine. I reccomend the wild boar peposo, ravioli
al fiasco and a Bolgheri wine.:

...e poi una girata sul mare a Livorno!! Dè!!!

Date: June 3, 2020 15:33

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2020 16:20

KRiffhard
[tg24.sky.it]

Translated:
"Summer 2020 in Tuscany for Mick Jagger . This would be the indiscretion launched by calcioomercato.com and that concerns the frontman of the Rolling Stones. The artist would have sent his agents to find an isolated villa near Florence to live safely and work on the new single. Mick Jagger's goal is to stay until the autumn to plan the next commitments and obviously get to work on new music. It is currently located in its castle in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France, but has the intention of moving to Italy. The request is for a six-bedroom villa for himself and his relatives, he is also looking for a residence nearby to host staff, security and musicians. The arrival of Mick Jagger would also represent a significant boost to post Coronavirus tourism ( THE UPDATES - THE SPECIAL - THE ITALIAN NUMBERS: GRAPHICS ).

STOP THE TOUR AND WORK ON THE NEW ALBUM
The news has obviously alerted everyone and there are many villas proposed to Mick Jagger , among the most exclusive on the Tuscan territory, in particular Val d'Orcia, Maremma and Chianti. And who knows if he does not choose a villa close to that of Sting, which for over 20 years has lived great periods of the year in Tuscany with his wife Trudy. Among the activities of the singer-songwriter also the cultivation of oil and wine. Mick Jagger is therefore expected in Italy to experience summer 2020 in a more peaceful and considered safe place. In these months the Rolling Stones would have played around the world with the "No Filter", but the tour has been postponed due to the pandemic. In reality they didn't stop and in fact Mick Jagger and Keith Richards continued to work and produce music.

THE SINGLE "LIVING IN A GHOST TOWN"
At the end of April, " Living In A Ghost Town " was released, a song that recounts the situation experienced by the world during the pandemic. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts have announced the release of the new song via their Instagram profile and the frontman himself has released a video to present the song . This is the message released: "Hi guys, before the start of the lockdown we were in the studio to record new unreleased songs and there was this song that perfectly described what it means to live in a ghost town". Keith Richards also spoke of " Living In A Ghost Town" : "We started working on this track more than a year ago in Los Angeles because it should have been part of the new album in progress but given the situation, we decided to end the song in this period, so here you are 'Living In a Ghost Town'. Take care of yourself. " It is the first song of the Rolling Stones after four years from the album "Blue & Lonesome" released on December 2, 2016. The disc is a collection of covers of old blues songs and has seen the participation of Eric Clapton . In Italy, a gold disc has been certified for the over 25 thousand copies sold, while over 300 thousand copies have been sold in the United Kingdom."

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 3, 2020 16:48

I don't think going to Italy is a good idea at this time.

Date: June 3, 2020 16:59

Chris Fountain

Why not?

C

Date: June 3, 2020 17:11

liddas
Chris Fountain

Why not?

C

Still concern about the worldwide health situation? (non political)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 17:11 by Chris Fountain.

Date: June 3, 2020 17:35

Chris Fountain
liddas
Chris Fountain

Why not?

C

Numbers say that the risk in Italy and France is quite the same, generally low and practically null in the countryside.

C

Date: June 3, 2020 17:38

liddas
Chris Fountain
liddas
Chris Fountain

Why not?

C

Numbers say that the risk in Italy and France is quite the same, generally low and practically null in the countryside.

C

Thanks for the good news.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 3, 2020 17:52

Rockman
.... maybe he's got a roll for a Spaghetti Western ..

Hopefully not a remake of Ned Kelly!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 3, 2020 20:28

MisterDDDD
the 76-year-old English singer, currently in his castle in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France, would have requested a six-bedroom villa for himself and his relatives plus another nearby residence to house staff, security and musicians ."

This reads like a Philip K. Dick character.

Anyway, can’t wait for the new Streets mixtape.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 3, 2020 21:52

hi desertblues68! di dove sei? io di firenze. gli si va a fare la posta grinning smiley

firenzetoday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-03 21:53 by maumau.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 3, 2020 21:53

He's just there for tax reasons, no?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home