Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:Will the pandemic put an end to the classic rock era?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 29, 2020 20:25

Big Al
paulywaul
ROLLINGSTONE
Time is not on their sidesad smiley

Ain't that the truth ….

Worrying times, if one happens to be fatally addicted to Rolling Stones concerts that is. I should hate to think that the end of their live performances was brought about not by them, but by circumstances entirely out of their control …. it would be tragic !

I genuinely think we’ll come out of this sooner rather than later. It’s step-by-step, but we’re getting there. The mere idea of concert-going being a thing of the past is so preposterous to me. We must end this madness, now!

I could not agree more …….. cos' madness is what it is !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 29, 2020 21:02

I think the real question is whether 60-70's acts like Macca, The Stones, Elton and Rod will stop touring. I guess many are afraid of that. I think that they
will continue as long there is money to be made from it. And why not. I don't think Charlie will tour in his 80's though. There is an end to everything.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 29, 2020 22:26

Stoneage
I think the real question is whether 60-70's acts like Macca, The Stones, Elton and Rod will stop touring. I guess many are afraid of that. I think that they
will continue as long there is money to be made from it. And why not. I don't think Charlie will tour in his 80's though. There is an end to everything.

Difficult to see him touring in his 80's, but you never know …. ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 29, 2020 22:30

Lots of things have to happen if/when concerts from the artists we are referring to resume. These include:

The artists need to determine whether they want to/need to take the risk to tour at their age given the risk factors.

Enough fans will be comfortable spending money to attend events to make it worthwhile.

Venues need to be able to make enough money to justify opening the doors and keep everyone safe. Limits on capacity impact this.

Insurance companies need to be willing underwrite the tours. Someone needs to take the pandemic risk on.

Bottom line, its a business first and foremost. If there is money to be made it throughout the industry it will happen. Margins (except for major bands like The Rolling Stones, McCartney, U2, Springsteen etc.) are not terribly high so it remains to be seen.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 29, 2020 23:19

"Queen": this month's Paris show rescheduled for May 2021
Blue Oyster Cult: next month's Paris show rescheduled for June 2021
Kiss: next month's show likely to be rescheduled for next summer
Aerosmith: same
Macca: this month's show cancelled. Surprised it's not "postponed"...that's the only question mark in my local summer list!

Pandemic, shmandemic. People/musicians are ready to get back to business, and I'm ready to go back to shows. I can't imagine anyone throwing in the towel because of this virus bullshit.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 31, 2020 18:51

FrogSugar
"Queen": this month's Paris show rescheduled for May 2021
Blue Oyster Cult: next month's Paris show rescheduled for June 2021
Kiss: next month's show likely to be rescheduled for next summer
Aerosmith: same
Macca: this month's show cancelled. Surprised it's not "postponed"...that's the only question mark in my local summer list!

Pandemic, shmandemic. People/musicians are ready to get back to business, and I'm ready to go back to shows. I can't imagine anyone throwing in the towel because of this virus bullshit.

Here, here! End this lockdown nonsense. Let the living live!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 19:15

Stoneage

Off course there is an end to everything (except our and other universes), but don't underestimate Charlie! I think 1984 was an eyeopener for him. At his age, what better way is there to stay in shape looking forward to performances as a drummer for both The Rolling Stones and/or a jazz band? It "forces" you to keep your body top level.
smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home