Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charlie Watts, and his wife Shirley have adopted a greyhound
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 25, 2020 19:26

Wunderdog is very selective with the press releases we publish, but this one is such great news and a considerable boost to rescue dogs:

Rolling Stones’ drummer, Charlie Watts, and his wife Shirley have adopted a rescued greyhound from the charity Forever Hounds Trust.

Things took a turn for the better for one lucky greyhound this week when she was chosen for adoption by none other than drummer for The Rolling Stones, Charlie Watts and his wife Shirley. The greyhound, called Suzie, is five years old and was rescued from the greyhound racing industry by charity Forever Hounds Trust.

[wunderdogmagazine.com]

Re: Charlie Watts, and his wife Shirley have adopted a greyhound
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 25, 2020 20:08

Unbelievable, the same man would play to hundreds of thousands in stadiums right now!
What a happy and great couple.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2020 23:24

Shirley Watts is a patron and long-time supporter of Forever Hounds Trust, and has given a loving home to many of their rescued dogs over the years. When it was time for another four-legged companion to join the household, Suzie was just right.

Greyhounds make excellent pets and Forever Hounds Trust rescues many from the racing industry, rehabilitating them and finding them loving forever homes where they are happy to spend much time snoozing on the sofa.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 26, 2020 00:14

Greyhounds, mini, Greyhounds, and Whippets make for great companions. Yes, they need a vigorous daily workout. When not, don't be surprised to wake-up on the couch next to these lovable docile dogs. In nature they are really laid back dogs in contrast to their amazing athleticism

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2020 00:45

Gotta love Charlie. This is the kind of news I love to read. Thanks for posting, Lien!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 26, 2020 02:23

my sons got 2 greyhounds, he brings them to my house sometimes, they are lovely animals, very sociable and docile, they make great pets, they sleep a lot, get very tired easily as they have little stamina but they can run fast when they want to, they dont always want to though. they are very lazy and sometimes will not move no matter how much you prompt them, they also have little sense of thier own proportion and easily knock things over or try to get into bed beside you even when theres little space.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 26, 2020 03:24

Charlie is looking pretty frail to be out on the road for an extended period. Perhaps Covid20 saved his life. Kool dog too, better to hang out at home and bond with your new pup.

Edit to add: good on them for getting a rescue dog. Best dogs there are and it is very kind of someone in their position to save a dog, probably into the best imaginable circumstances. Bless you both.

But I do wonder what that other dog in the background, mostly hidden, is thinking...

jb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 04:32 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2020 03:57

this does not look like a tough dog

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 26, 2020 15:09

I know Keith is also a dog person. Ronnie too. Anyone know about Mick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 15:43 by steffialicia.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2020 15:53

Can’t see any dog, can’t see Charlie or Shirley, all I can see is that massive wisteria! [Sigh] Not much beats England in May. (OK, the dog is adorable and Charlie and Shirley are great dog-parents.)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 26, 2020 16:42

steffialicia

I occasionally used to run into Jerry Hall (sometime in 90s I guess this was) on the grass slope just beneath the house that she still lives in/owns to this day, up there on Richmond Hill overlooking Petersham Meadow and the river Thames. She could be seen walking/exercising a black Alsatian type dog I vaguely seem to recall. Ironically, the dog had the same name as mine at the time … "Shadow". The only reason I actually recognised her on the first occasion I saw her was that I was out with Shadow, and I heard a female voice calling out the name of my dog. So I looked to see who it was … and it was only when she got a little closer to me than I recognised her. Seems like a lifetime ago … 25 years or so ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 26, 2020 16:49

jbwelda
Charlie is looking pretty frail to be out on the road for an extended period. Perhaps Covid20 saved his life. Kool dog too, better to hang out at home and bond with your new pup.

Edit to add: good on them for getting a rescue dog. Best dogs there are and it is very kind of someone in their position to save a dog, probably into the best imaginable circumstances. Bless you both.

But I do wonder what that other dog in the background, mostly hidden, is thinking...

jb

He is now beginning to look a little frail, I would have to agree. But that frailty seems to leave him when he takes his seat behind the drumkit in a 60,000 seat stadium … and KR then duly opens up with the riff of choice. Then, he suddenly morphs into the powerhouse of an engine room that drives the greatest rock n' roll band ever … 'frailty' be f***ed !! It vanishes instantaneously !!

Moral of story: rock n' roll keep you young, even you Mr Watts !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 26, 2020 18:00

steffialicia

Well, Keith adopted Voodoo, a cat.
In fact, I think of him as a cat person rather than a dog one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 18:07 by spain73.

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: May 26, 2020 18:06

paulywaul
steffialicia

I occasionally used to run into Jerry Hall (sometime in 90s I guess this was) on the grass slope just beneath the house that she still lives in/owns to this day, up there on Richmond Hill overlooking Petersham Meadow and the river Thames. She could be seen walking/exercising a black Alsatian type dog I vaguely seem to recall. Ironically, the dog had the same name as mine at the time … "Shadow". The only reason I actually recognised her on the first occasion I saw her was that I was out with Shadow, and I heard a female voice calling out the name of my dog. So I looked to see who it was … and it was only when she got a little closer to me than I recognised her. Seems like a lifetime ago … 25 years or so ?

We Can see this black dog in the "Being Mick" documentary.

Date: May 26, 2020 18:11

paulywaul
jbwelda

jb

He is now beginning to look a little frail, I would have to agree. But that frailty seems to leave him when he takes his seat behind the drumkit in a 60,000 seat stadium … and KR then duly opens up with the riff of choice. Then, he suddenly morphs into the powerhouse of an engine room that drives the greatest rock n' roll band ever … 'frailty' be f***ed !! It vanishes instantaneously !!

Moral of story: rock n' roll keep you young, even you Mr Watts !!

The other day, I was watching an interview with Patrick Stewart. I said to myself "this guy is in great shape" and I guessed he was in his 60s. Turns out he's 79 and soon to be 80. We often talk about what great shape Mick is in, which is true, but Charlie's got an equally, if not harder job while on stage. He does that job masterfully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 18:12 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2020 18:39

spain73
steffialicia

Well, Keith adopted Voodoo, a cat.
In fact, I think of him as a cat person rather than a dog one.

Perhaps Mick is also a cat person?

[youtu.be]

Date: May 26, 2020 19:35

Keith used to have a dog called Syphilis.

Date: May 26, 2020 19:40

TheflyingDutchman

Didn't he have Ratbag or something similar too?

Date: May 26, 2020 19:42

steffialicia
TheflyingDutchman

Didn't he have Ratbag or something similar too?

grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 26, 2020 20:10

Cristiano Radtke

Perhaps Mick is also a cat person?

He must be a cat person since his astrological sign is a Lion .... smiling smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 26, 2020 21:01

Great that Charlie is doing this; greyhounds, post racing, make wonderful pets. More should adopt retired greyhounds.

Date: May 26, 2020 21:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 21:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 27, 2020 03:32

Charlie looks like a typical man in his late 70's to me - the picture is in daylight with no makeup or Photoshop - he's probably in better physical shape than a lot of us on this forum...

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: May 27, 2020 08:12

Suzie will have a blast playing with the horses smileys with beer

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 27, 2020 10:22

cowboytoast
Charlie looks like a typical man in his late 70's to me - the picture is in daylight with no makeup or Photoshop - he's probably in better physical shape than a lot of us on this forum...

Well, he’s probably slimmer than some on this forum.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2020 10:26

Yeah and most of 'em on here wouldnt have the energy
ta tap on a bongo drum for more than 30 seconds ....HHHAAAAAA

ROCKMAN

Date: May 27, 2020 11:13

TooTough
Unbelievable, the same man would play to hundreds of thousands in stadiums right now!

I wonder what Charlie is thinking here, or is he just "in the moment" ?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 27, 2020 11:51

TheflyingDutchman
TooTough

It’s just not a particularly flattering shot of him.

Date: May 27, 2020 12:07

Big Al
TheflyingDutchman
TooTough

It’s just not a particularly flattering shot of him.

I like it. It's Charlie like he is on just an ordinary day. Imagine what a life he had, and still there with his wife. He was lucky. Not everyone makes it like this being 80 year old.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2020 12:40

.... a lovely English couple who have given Suzie a home

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home