Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:05

Right, but why not slap that same moniker on the Hampton and Leeds releases, too?

Consistency has never been their forte, but maybe that's for the better! winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:18

Topi
Right, but why not slap that same moniker on the Hampton and Leeds releases, too?

Consistency has never been their forte, but maybe that's for the better! winking smiley

Haha.. Well, a certain sloppiness is always associated with their archive releases (and probably with anything...) I some times feel they do that intentionally, like stating 'look, we don't give a shit about consistency or accuracy, we are not that nerds..' . grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:25

Taylor1
Why is Wood putting overdubs on songs that were made when he wasn’t in the band and not Keith?

Mick tongue-in-cheek : "IT'S ALL ONE BAND, so why da ya ask buddy?" grinning smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:46

I'm quite happy with the new edition, under Lost and Found there are some strong titles like Shame, Shame, Shame. And promising is Wembley 1982, the 81/82 tour is one of the Stones' best for me and the last one that wasn't a Vegas tour. However, I hope that the sound quality is as good as Leeds 82.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:01

The TY Deluxe Edition 4 CD's + Picture Disc LP,

now (20.08.2021) on Amazon.de for shameless 159,99 Euros.
[www.amazon.de]

So you should prefere JPC.de, they sell this for 119,99 Euros.
[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:02

Taylor1
Why is Wood putting overdubs on songs that were made when he wasn’t in the band and not Keith?

most likely because Ronnie was available and willing to go in studio with Mick while Keith is in Connecticut (and maybe Keith didn't care)

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:20

Taylor1
Did Keith do any new overdubs or work on these songs

Well ... I have not heard or read anything about Keith being involved in the recording apsect of the new tracks for the TY Deluxe reissue. What I know of / heard / read is of only Mick and Ronnie recording. That is not to say Keith or Charlie were not involved from a recording aspect with the newbies from TY .. I am simply saying I have not heard or read that.

Others here may know plenty more? Just giving you what I am aware of.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 15:22 by IanBillen.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:39

Taylor1
Complete dud bonus tracksunless Come to the Ball is as good as You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

Agreed. Very disappointing set of bonus tracks overall, but will be interesting to hear Come to the Ball.

Drew

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:47

BlueTurns2Grey
The TY Deluxe Edition 4 CD's + Picture Disc LP,

now (20.08.2021) on Amazon.de for shameless 159,99 Euros.
[www.amazon.de]

So you should prefere JPC.de, they sell this for 119,99 Euros.
[www.jpc.de]

I just bought it on amazon.fr for 86 Euros. Plus 15 for shipping.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:56

Or wait for the prices on [www.Amazon.nl] , [www.Amazon.nl] .

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:59

treaclefingers

Can you provide a link, because i also orded it at Amazon France, but i paid 103 €
+ 4 € shipping.

[www.amazon.fr]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:01

People are complaining. Remember these are outtakes. Songs that weren’t finished or the band thought something was lacking. To suggest getting a track as good as YCAGWYW is absurd.

Date: August 20, 2021 16:01

deardoctor
Now we know two things:

- There won"t be a remix of TY in the next years (I was hoping for it as Giles Martin did a great job. Maybe he was too expensive? Every Stones-album would deserve it, especially Dirty work.)

- There won't be any Deluxe-versions of IORR or BAB as the great Outtakes of that period inclusive Scarlet are out of the bag now.

I hope I'm wrong

Even the Stones understand that you just don't remix perfection. TY is probably one of the best mixes ever.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:02

treaclefingers

Can you provide a link, because i also orded it at Amazon France, but i paid 103 €
+ 4 € shipping.

[www.amazon.fr]

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:15

DandelionPowderman
deardoctor
Now we know two things:

- There won"t be a remix of TY in the next years (I was hoping for it as Giles Martin did a great job. Maybe he was too expensive? Every Stones-album would deserve it, especially Dirty work.)

- There won't be any Deluxe-versions of IORR or BAB as the great Outtakes of that period inclusive Scarlet are out of the bag now.

I hope I'm wrong

Even the Stones understand that you just don't remix perfection. TY is probably one of the best mixes ever.

GHS wasn't that bad too. Of course there's much more need in albums like Exile,
Perfektion is a big word. If you take every single track of a song, clean it carefully and put it together the way it had been - I guess you'd be amazed.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:21

Topi
TheGreek

then the 2 discs with the Wembley show which says it's the Still Life show which I thought was taken from multiple shows which is fine as well

That they now call the Wembley show "Still Life", too, is a bit misleading. Still Life was never a tour name. It was the name of a live album, compiled from shows on the 1981 US Tour and released in 1982.

So yes, Still Life did indeed contain tracks from multiple shows. None of which was Wembley 1982. No single show has been called "The Still Life show". Leeds was "Live in Leeds", Hampton was "Hampton Coliseum 1981"

The 1982 tour was simply called The Rolling Stones European Tour 1982.

If Wembley sound is anything like Leeds then bring it on!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:25

drewmaster
Taylor1
Complete dud bonus tracksunless Come to the Ball is as good as You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

Agreed. Very disappointing set of bonus tracks overall, but will be interesting to hear Come to the Ball.

Drew

Keith on vocals? A ballad?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:33

Always loved Fiji Jim ... I assume they are/have reworked the tracks like other deluxe releases, so that will definitely be interesting to hear the new takes!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:35

Tattoo You jigsaw puzzle, never saw this before:
[www.amazon.com]

I think I would probably get it if there was a rear side/Keith too ... w/ just the front side, something is missing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 16:36 by LeonidP.

Living in the heart of love.
Date: August 19, 2021 20:46

RS[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 20:52 by emotionalbarbecue.

Re: Living in the heart of love.
Date: August 19, 2021 20:47

emotionalbarbecue
[www.youtube.com]

The Rolling Stones “Living In The Heart Of Love” (From Tattoo You 2021)

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 19, 2021 21:03

as I said: I somehow have the feeling that 'Living in the heart of love' is much to long – after half of the song they ran out of ideas and the second half leads nowhere.
reminds me of the Goat Head Soup extra songs

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:30

Clearly a leftover from the GHS sessions. Criss Cross is superior to this. Disappointing to be honest.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:56

Should have been called “Painted by Numbers” smoking smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 20, 2021 15:04

I'm thinking this is the only Mick Taylor guitar we'll hear on the rarities disk. I don't think he's on Fast Walking or Drift Away. I suppose Come to the Ball could be from his era.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:15

Koen

Should have been called “Painted by Numbers” smoking smiley

Or: "Brown Sugar (revisited)" winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:19

audun-eg
Clearly a leftover from the GHS sessions. Criss Cross is superior to this. Disappointing to be honest.

Imo this is much more exciting track - as well as a being superior lesson by open G by the Riffmeister...) than "Criss Cross".
The shared MJ/KR vocals seal the deal for me! thumbs up

Of course it's as "close" to a TY track as would be a new 1964 BBC track but that's another story...

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:23

While it's interesting to hear these tracks "finished," there's a reason these tracks don't make it to albums on its initial release.

They just aren't that good as Stones songs.
For other artists they may be standout tracks.

I've played it several times and it just hasn't grabbed me.

Fiji Jim should have been the first track released, IMO.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 20, 2021 16:39

Living In The Heart Of Love
Fiji Jim
Troubles A’ Comin
Shame Shame Shame
DriftAway
It’s A Lie
Come To The Ball
Fast Talking Slow Walking
Start Me Up (Early Version)

maybe little unheard here for us but (on paper) a great TY part 2. Great to have an official release of Drift Away also, imo
wonder if they will give a spot in live set for a couple of these, it would be great

Date: August 20, 2021 16:39

dcba
audun-eg

Imo this is much more exciting track - as well as a being superior lesson by open G by the Riffmeister...) than "Criss Cross".
The shared MJ/KR vocals seal the deal for me! thumbs up

Of course it's as "close" to a TY track as would be a new 1964 BBC track but that's another story...

Well, it's two years newer than Waiting On A Friend and Tops – hence a proper TY-track smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home