Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061Next
Current Page: 60 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 20:08

Did Trouble's A-Coming get an official, physical copy release of any kind? I saw on Wiki that it was released as a single, so I'm just wondering if I have another hole in my collection.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 23, 2022 20:16

VoodooLounge13

Did Trouble's A-Coming get an official, physical copy release of any kind?

Seems it was only an e-Single - [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] .

Date: June 23, 2022 20:32

Thanks Irix!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 6, 2022 00:03

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Now for 37£ on Amazon UK! With Shipping to Germany 52€! That's really cheap. Glad I waited for this and Heard it on Spotify the last months.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2022 04:50

hockenheim95
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Now for 37£ on Amazon UK! With Shipping to Germany 52€! That's really cheap. Glad I waited for this and Heard it on Spotify the last months.

Thanks Hockster...just bought 2 copies. What a deal. I'm going to post this on the VINYL RED ALERT THREAD, even though it's cd...hey, there is a vinyl pic disc included!

Posted by: folon ()
Date: August 6, 2022 18:56

hockenheim95
[www.amazon.co.uk]

watch out for 19% import tax in Germany + 6€ DHL fee => almost 70€ total in Germany

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 6, 2022 19:09

folon
hockenheim95
[www.amazon.co.uk]

watch out for 19% import tax in Germany + 6€ DHL fee => almost 70€ total in Germany

Import tax applies to more expensive goods, doesn't it?
German VAT is already paid with Amazon UK so no extra VAT in Germany. And no DHL fee in that case as everything is cleared.
Amazon have means to do it the proper way and they do.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 6, 2022 19:09

folon
hockenheim95
[www.amazon.co.uk]

German VAT is already paid with Amazon UK so no extra VAT in Germany. And no DHL fee in that case as everything is cleared.

Tattoo You deluxe - special offer
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 6, 2022 15:08

now at amazon.co.uk for just £37.60
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Re: Tattoo You deluxe - special offer
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 6, 2022 18:24

Thank you!!! I just bagged one. It will sit nicely on the shelf next to the GHS Superdeluxe. I've managed to buy both for less than £90.

Thanks again smiling smiley))

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 12, 2022 16:12

Adams
folon
hockenheim95
[www.amazon.co.uk]

no import tax, extra VAT or anything else since amzon.co.uk dispatched these boxes from Spain

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 12, 2022 17:48

Now that we got the price down, is there any way to fix the awful loudness? This darn release has been super frustrating for me - love the songs, hate the sound.

Date: August 12, 2022 18:06

Lynd8
Now that we got the price down, is there any way to fix the awful loudness? This darn release has been super frustrating for me - love the songs, hate the sound.

Well...actually the price jumped back up so you can hate the price and sound!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 12, 2022 23:58

My local Saturn store in Germany has the 5 LP box for 59 EUR. Online it's still 108 EUR, so it might be an offer just by the one store, because they had so many of those boxes left.

Date: August 13, 2022 02:09

MrEcho
My local Saturn store in Germany has the 5 LP box for 59 EUR. Online it's still 108 EUR, so it might be an offer just by the one store, because they had so many of those boxes left.

I'd really like to get the vinyl for that price. I missed it when it went to $105 Canadian on Amazon.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 13, 2022 08:28

This and the GHS reissue...

The best we will get.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 13, 2022 23:39

GasLightStreet

The best we will get.
The lukewarm reception the "new" tracks on the reissues got probably didn't motivate them to record new material. Since abb we got about three records worth of new material but it didn't sell very well.

Date: August 14, 2022 01:27

Whale
GasLightStreet

The best we will get.
The lukewarm reception the "new" tracks on the reissues got probably didn't motivate them to record new material. Since abb we got about three records worth of new material but it didn't sell very well.

No album is going to sell big, unless it accompanies a big single.

The last big single was SMU, so maybe that's part of the issue with a new album. They want to go out big but nothing is single-worthy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 14, 2022 07:01

Whale
GasLightStreet

The best we will get.

Why you are tied to sales referring to what the Stones do is not in the current nowness. Mick's solo track with Dave Grohl? A success.

For streaming.

Lukewarm? There's no telling how people will react these days to something, especially when it's on the widespread shit paying platforms of YouTube and Shitify.

Streams do not equate to sales regardless of how they are counted.

The Stones screwed up. The Beatles didn't.

It's that simple.

Date: August 14, 2022 22:39

treaclefingers
Whale
GasLightStreet

The best we will get.

The last big single was SMU, so maybe that's part of the issue with a new album. They want to go out big but nothing is single-worthy.

Mixed Emotions was Top 5 in the US. What constitutes a big single? Is it sales only? They’ve had #1’s in other parts of the world since MY, just none here in the US. Hell they’ve even had #1’s off of ABB.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 14, 2022 22:44

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
Whale
GasLightStreet

The best we will get.

Mixed Emotions was Top 5 in the US. What constitutes a big single? Is it sales only? They’ve had #1’s in other parts of the world since MY, just none here in the US. Hell they’ve even had #1’s off of ABB.
Blue and lonesome sold really big for the year it was released in
But it wasn't new music.
The "new" music sold in small quantities relative to the year it was released in

Date: August 15, 2022 02:42

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
Whale
GasLightStreet

The best we will get.

Sorry...I should have said 'mammoth' single.

Put it another way, when you think of the Rolling Stones and you rattle off their big singles, no one anywhere in the world would go..."Oh and what about Mixed Emotions? Mustn't forget that...it was huge!".

It was fine, it sold fine, but it was hardly era-defining or even something anyone but the most slavish stones fan would remember. Sure it was #5 in the US charts. But how long did it linger? AND, it's all but forgotten about now.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2022 03:13

Lurv the soul drive of the live
live workout versions of Mixed Emotions

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 15, 2022 08:48

Rockman

your not the only onegrinning smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 15, 2022 09:46

.. The "12" version of M E. is great...! a true (and long) rocker... Should have been THE single..!

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 15, 2022 21:03

treaclefingers
The last big single was SMU, ...
Disagree. The Rolling Stones did many great singles in recent years:

Plundered My Soul *****
No Spare Parts ****
Doom & Gloom ****
just Your Fool ****
Ride Em On Down ****
Living In a Ghost Town *****
Scarlet *****

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 15, 2022 21:11

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

your not the only onegrinning smiley

Well played! cool smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 15, 2022 21:36

bertrichards
treaclefingers

Plundered My Soul *****
No Spare Parts ****
Doom & Gloom ****
just Your Fool ****
Ride Em On Down ****
Scarlet *****

I guess that your point of view, treacle, really is that "Start Me Up" (no particular favourite of mine) was their last huge single in the eyes of the public at large.

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 15, 2022 22:26

Witness
bertrichards
treaclefingers

Plundered My Soul *****
No Spare Parts ****
Doom & Gloom ****
just Your Fool ****
Ride Em On Down ****
Scarlet *****

I guess that your point of view, treacle, really is that "Start Me Up" (no particular favourite of mine) was their last huge single in the eyes of the public at large.

"Living In A Ghost Town" was a number 1 single in Germany, the fourth-biggest music market in the world. So I think it's not wrong to say that "Ghost Town" was a huge single.

Date: August 15, 2022 22:47

bertrichards
Witness
bertrichards
treaclefingers

Plundered My Soul *****
No Spare Parts ****
Doom & Gloom ****
just Your Fool ****
Ride Em On Down ****
Scarlet *****

"Living In A Ghost Town" was a number 1 single in Germany, the fourth-biggest music market in the world. So I think it's not wrong to say that "Ghost Town" was a huge single.

OK what is it with you people? How is this confusing?

I'm not saying there weren't any great songs, or great singles since 1981. I'm talking from a public awareness and sales perspective.

I LOVE DOOM & GLOOM, but I guarantee you that NOBODY I KNOW will have heard the song before. OK...does that make sense?

A great song unfortunately isn't the same as a mammoth, 'played around the world' single.

And don't give me that claptrap about Living In A Ghost Town being number 1 in Germany. I bet you could walk into any hauptbahnhof in any city on any day and throw a baseball all day long, and never hit anyone that has ever heard of the song.

...and that takes nothing away from the song itself.

Achtung! Do I make myself clear?!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061Next
Current Page: 60 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home