Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 6, 2021 15:01

mailexile67
@Georgelicks

What about TY in the charts?In UK is it fall down from #7 of first week?!

Of course it fall off the charts, with no promotion, no radio single, no sale discount, once the die hards got it no one left to care about it.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 6, 2021 15:27

BowieStone
Since when is Neighbours a Jagger/Richards/Wood song?
I think he confused Neighbors with Black Limousine.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 6, 2021 16:08

Testify
BowieStone

Who? Me?
No. Neigbours is credited to Jagger/Richards/Wood on this issue.

Date: November 6, 2021 16:22

I am (currently) the Itunes's subscriber. Tattoo You is a great re-release content-wise. But considering the mastering, I must support the statements that see the current mastering as brickwalled and more artificially sounding. It can be listened well in the car/on the radio/in earphones, but for home listening on loudspeakers, I prefer the original CD releases any day.

Unfortunately, the loudness war and brickwalling decreases the quality of music and sound engineers should be very conservative with limiters etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-06 16:29 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 7, 2021 03:05

BowieStone
Testify
BowieStone

Who? Me?
No. Neigbours is credited to Jagger/Richards/Wood on this issue.

As long as they continue to include wrong information with their liner notes etc, like they've done for decades, it's rather fitting that Ronnie would get (most likely a typo) credit for something he had no hand in, given he got royally screwed out of credit for IORR(BILI).

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 8, 2021 06:15

i have a question with all this talk about how the cd sounds has anyone got the cassette how does it sound in comparision i imagine as a analog format it would sound similar to the vinyl

Date: November 8, 2021 06:31

ProfessorWolf
i have a question with all this talk about how the cd sounds has anyone got the cassette how does it sound in comparision i imagine as a analog format it would sound similar to the vinyl

The cassette tapes sounded a bit different too, they've got a bit of distortion but that type of distortion is perceived as euphonic by many.

Date: November 8, 2021 07:45

jumpingjackflash5
ProfessorWolf

The cassette tapes sounded a bit different too, they've got a bit of distortion but that type of distortion is perceived as euphonic by many.

thank you for responding but i want to make sure where on the same page here i'm talking about the new deluxe version of tattoo you on cassette not previous cassette releases
although i own an original tattoo you cassette that i bought sealed and i also own a copy on 8 track that i also bought sealed and i personally think the 8 tracks sounds better then the cassette
be kinda cool if they figured out a way to release the deluxe version on some kind of limited edition 8 track
or would i be the only one who wants that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 07:47 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: November 8, 2021 19:25

This article (can't recall if it's been posted in this thread) is decent but there's one hilarious error. The writers claim Heaven was specifically recorded for TATTOO YOU and then two paragraphs later, Kimsey lists the leftovers from the EMOTIONAL RESCUE sessions.

Apparently there's not an editor involved.

From the Stones 1981-1982 Wardrobes thread:

exilestones

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:58

Did they re-record Heaven?

Date: November 8, 2021 21:35

TravelinMan
Did they re-record Heaven?

No. It was finished, just like everything else.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 9, 2021 00:23

mailexile67
@Georgelicks

..it seems to me TY expanded is no more in the UK charts....!!...only one week in...!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:06

Just received mine and in the book it states that No Use In Crying is the only song off Tattoo You they haven't played live, but wait a minute, does this mean they've actually played Heaven live ?? Not listed at setlist stats that I can find

Date: November 9, 2021 01:23

snoopy2
Just received mine and in the book it states that No Use In Crying is the only song off Tattoo You they haven't played live, but wait a minute, does this mean they've actually played Heaven live ?? Not listed at setlist stats that I can find

wait does that mean slave was play live?

or does it mean that the book is poorly written?winking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:32

snoopy2

Slave, No Use In Crying & Heaven were never played live.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:44

ProfessorWolf
snoopy2

surely to god there must be some professor we could check with!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 9, 2021 23:11

retired_dog
snoopy2

If I'm not mistaken Slave was played live, perhaps in some theater in 2002/03.
At least I remember a video where they were rehearsing it.

Date: November 9, 2021 23:33

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
snoopy2

surely to god there must be some professor we could check with!

not me but i could definitely have told them those song were not played

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 23:38

Testify
retired_dog
snoopy2

In the Tip of the Tongue documentary in the Four Flicks DVD's they rehearsed Slave in 2002, but it was never played live. It would make for a great song to play in a club where they can jam out for a good 10 minutes.

Date: November 9, 2021 23:44

JordyLicks96
Testify
retired_dog
snoopy2

In the Tip of the Tongue documentary in the Four Flicks DVD's they rehearsed Slave in 2002, but it was never played live. It would make for a great song to play in a club where they can jam out for a good 10 minutes.

it still might i have a suspicion that they will do tattoo you onstage record it and release it at the hollywood fl show like sticky fingers at the fonda in 15

anyone else suspect this?

Date: November 10, 2021 01:26

jp.M
mailexile67
@Georgelicks

..it seems to me TY expanded is no more in the UK charts....!!...only one week in...!

Down 7-188 on second week in the UK with 800 units, 7,000 copies total.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:31

What does Kimsey mean when he says Waiting on a Friend was complete except for Jagger’svocals.How is that possible since Sonny Rollins still had to record his solos.Sounds like Kimsey is not totally accurate about the songs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:39

georgelicks
jp.M
mailexile67
@Georgelicks

oh good. at least it's still in the charts.

Date: November 10, 2021 01:40

Tattoo You on the charts after 2 weeks:

Netherlands: 2-32
Germany: 3-25
Austria: 3-26
Scotland: 6-30
UK: 7-188 (6,200 + 800 - 7,000 total)
Swiss: 8-46
Belgium: 10-45
Spain: 15
USA: 24-out (19,000 + 4,000 - 23,000 total)
Japan: 39-out (2,365 + 400 - 2,800 total)
Australia: 39-out
New Zealand: 39-out
Italy: 44-out
Ireland: 62-out
Canada: 92-out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 01:42 by georgelicks.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:14

georgelicks
jp.M
mailexile67
@Georgelicks

georgelicks

Over and out...

A shame as Tattoo You Deluxe could have had so much potential as far as sales and longevity, but with very little publicity/promotional effort, it's already soon to be forgotten.
Maybe next will be a live No Filter release...there have been a couple decent shows from this leg of the tour that could be worthy of release, or maybe they can do a compilation of live tunes from the last four years.
Probably a better chance of that happening than the supposed new album...or more likely a 60 and Counting compilation ala 40 Licks or Grrrr with Ghost Town and maybe another new tune added................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 03:17 by Hairball.

Date: November 10, 2021 07:32

ProfessorWolf
JordyLicks96
Testify
retired_dog
snoopy2

it still might i have a suspicion that they will do tattoo you onstage record it and release it at the hollywood fl show like sticky fingers at the fonda in 15

anyone else suspect this?

No.

Date: November 10, 2021 07:42

Hairball
georgelicks
jp.M
mailexile67
@Georgelicks

georgelicks

Over and out...

A shame as Tattoo You Deluxe could have had so much potential as far as sales and longevity, but with very little publicity/promotional effort, it's already soon to be forgotten.
Maybe next will be a live No Filter release...there have been a couple decent shows from this leg of the tour that could be worthy of release, or maybe they can do a compilation of live tunes from the last four years.
Probably a better chance of that happening than the supposed new album...or more likely a 60 and Counting compilation ala 40 Licks or Grrrr with Ghost Town and maybe another new tune added................

It's more likely a reflection, or realistic image, of how X amount of more people are streaming than buying than 10 years ago yet alone 5.

They could've done something similar to The Beatles in the 1990s with their extremely successful anthologies. But no.

The idea of a hard copy for music has basically left the planet. What few there are that are hard copy purchasers, regardless of format, are an absurd ton more fewer than it used to be. The Stones (UMe) are crossing the divide but losing on one end, hard copies, way more than the other - and streaming is barely cents, not dollars, per stream.

It's an outmoded ideal: the big record label paying whatever to the band/artist in return for... not much nowadays. Yet they continue to operate as if people still buy music.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 08:40

Blue & lonesome has sold more than 2 milioni and a half worldwide.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 09:18

JordyLicks96
Testify
retired_dog
snoopy2

It's the same old story. Poor quality research by people who are merely doing a job for a living. It doesn't matter what they write, as long as it sells. People tend to believe it, because "UM" said so. Some guy (or doll) saw the video and "yes, they played it live". They get away with it, because yes, they played it live ... in the studio. Luckily us Stones fans have a collective knowledge that eventually reveals the truth.
No surprise TY the Luxe doesn't sell big time. After the success of Exile, they (UM) laid down on their backs "we know how to do it, success guaranteed".
When will they ever learn ...
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 10, 2021 10:30

georgelicks

No surprise for me. Here, in Porto, they had like one copy per shop. And that copy was behind the counter in the store or even in the storage room. I specifically asked the guy in the store about 2CD version. He went to the check his computer, went to the storage room a brought me a copy telling that that was a store copy for promotional purposes and they do not have another one. So I took that. In local stores in town they even do not bother to put it on display, I checked 3 FNACs around the city last week. Currently 2CD version is listed as out of stock for the best part of FNACs in Portugal.

As a matter of fact FNAC here had not a single copy of 4CD+LP Deluxe until yesterday. Now, online price is like 30% higher comparing to amazon and still not a single copy in the most stores around the country.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home