Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 2, 2021 22:03

treaclefingers
GerardHennessy
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
gonzalo76
I wish I could get a vinyl rip, because Stephen Marcussen went too far this time with his "remaster". CDs and digital downloads are briclwalled, compressed, with dynamic range of 5 and 8 for Wembley. People are not listening to music anymore, they are listening to noise.

Nah, people aren't listening to music anymore, instead they are viewing it in these audio-analysis tools.

You're lost about that critique. The ears don't lie about brickwalled remasters.

Which the entire point you seem to have missed: LISTENING.

You seem a little ... blind. How many times are we getting screenshots from someone's wave analyzing tool? I've mentioned it many times - when i started listening to the Stones, I had a small single speaker record player, with crackles and pops, and enjoyed it to no end. 100% people can't get past the 'view' on the audio tools and use that to judge music, I see it with EVERY release. Open your eyes.

The music hasn't changed. No one is talking about the music. No one is judging the music.

Not sure why that's a mystery to you.

"No one is judging the music" ... Eggzactly! ... not sure why that's a mystery to you.

I'm definitely in the 'too old to care' category about the finer technical points of recordings. I too grew up listening to The Stones on very very poor audio equipment. On pirate radio stations (awful reception quality), on vinyl albums and singles that skipped and jumped erratically because of the beer and grease accidentally spilled on them, on cheap record players, cassette tape decks, and on reel-to-reel recorders I used to record directly from the radio. The audio quality was truly dreadful, but the magic shone through. And that is what The Stones have always meant to me. Energy, excitement, swagger, impertinence. In many respects much of that is leeched away when recording have been cleaned up, polished, digitally remastered, subjected to all kinds of technical 'improvements' and God knows what else.

However, having said all of this, I have no wish to disrespect or dismiss those good people on this forum who enjoy the very things I don't. Superb audio, top class technical specifications, and such. Absolutely right that they too can look for, and chat about, such things.

As for me, having listened to The Stones for over 50 years on badly damaged vinyl records I am convinced that the second line of Jumpin'Jack Flash does NOT say 'And I howled to my Ma in the drivin' rain' It REALLY says 'And I my Ma ,,,ing rain...' It still seems wrong somehow when, even in concert, Mick insists on inserting all those 'extra' words...

wow...now we know why jack flash was jumping...beer and grease!

Not to be confused with "Fear and Grease" (July 5, 1969) cool smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 3, 2021 02:18

Tattoo You re-entered at #24 on The Billboard 200 with 18,700 units (16k album sales - 2k from streaming)
Hot Rocks is also charting at #162.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 4, 2021 12:21

We were moaning about sound quality of this release. We were unhappy about modern overdubs on the bonus tracks.

Now put yourself on the other side of the Moon in the boots of the fan of that other guitar driven beat band from Liverpool (what was the name???).

They got a CD with wrong mixes. I.e. in the SDE for Let It Be the CD4 contains Glyn Jones mixes from 1970, while it was advertised as 1969 mixes. And to make things more funny, Japanese SHM-CD version of SDE contains Track7 from CD4 with alternative vocal, not available for the ROW. So, a completist should shell off some $200 extra to get one different track on Japanese SDE. Not to mention that a few tracks were clearly sourced from Dr. Ebbetts boots.

That is the way to create a proper amount of moaning and headache for fans winking smiley.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 4, 2021 15:29

ironbelly
We were moaning about sound quality of this release. We were unhappy about modern overdubs on the bonus tracks.

Now put yourself on the other side of the Moon in the boots of the fan of that other guitar driven beat band from Liverpool (what was the name???).

They got a CD with wrong mixes. I.e. in the SDE for Let It Be the CD4 contains Glyn Jones mixes from 1970, while it was advertised as 1969 mixes. And to make things more funny, Japanese SHM-CD version of SDE contains Track7 from CD4 with alternative vocal, not available for the ROW. So, a completist should shell off some $200 extra to get one different track on Japanese SDE. Not to mention that a few tracks were clearly sourced from Dr. Ebbetts boots.

That is the way to create a proper amount of moaning and headache for fans winking smiley.

I read an article in which was stated that the whole disc 4 from Japanese Let It Be Superdeluxe is different from disc 4 in other countries.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 4, 2021 15:50

Come to the Ball is a keeper......

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: November 4, 2021 22:55

Don't know if this has been mentioned before (can't read all those 53 pages!), but: I just got the double vinyl. Why did they not use the opportunity to add the long (6:34) version of Slave that was on the 1994 remaster ?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 4, 2021 23:32

Maindefender
Its a fantastic Song. The energy level is Amazing

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 5, 2021 01:13

Whale
Maindefender
Its a fantastic Song. The energy level is Amazing
The guitars are great

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 5, 2021 01:25

YEAH Come To The Ball
shoulda been the opening track .... POW!!!! ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 5, 2021 01:30

walkingthedog
Don't know if this has been mentioned before (can't read all those 53 pages!), but: I just got the double vinyl. Why did they not use the opportunity to add the long (6:34) version of Slave that was on the 1994 remaster ?

6:34 is on the CD, fantastic…

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2021 02:06

Maindefender
walkingthedog

Excellent! I've been so busy I haven't even had time to crack the CD yet. Looking forward to it!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 5, 2021 06:26

floodonthepage
treaclefingers
GerardHennessy
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
gonzalo76
I wish I could get a vinyl rip, because Stephen Marcussen went too far this time with his "remaster". CDs and digital downloads are briclwalled, compressed, with dynamic range of 5 and 8 for Wembley. People are not listening to music anymore, they are listening to noise.

Nah, people aren't listening to music anymore, instead they are viewing it in these audio-analysis tools.

You're lost about that critique. The ears don't lie about brickwalled remasters.

Which the entire point you seem to have missed: LISTENING.

You seem a little ... blind. How many times are we getting screenshots from someone's wave analyzing tool? I've mentioned it many times - when i started listening to the Stones, I had a small single speaker record player, with crackles and pops, and enjoyed it to no end. 100% people can't get past the 'view' on the audio tools and use that to judge music, I see it with EVERY release. Open your eyes.

The music hasn't changed. No one is talking about the music. No one is judging the music.

Not sure why that's a mystery to you.

"No one is judging the music" ... Eggzactly! ... not sure why that's a mystery to you.

I'm definitely in the 'too old to care' category about the finer technical points of recordings. I too grew up listening to The Stones on very very poor audio equipment. On pirate radio stations (awful reception quality), on vinyl albums and singles that skipped and jumped erratically because of the beer and grease accidentally spilled on them, on cheap record players, cassette tape decks, and on reel-to-reel recorders I used to record directly from the radio. The audio quality was truly dreadful, but the magic shone through. And that is what The Stones have always meant to me. Energy, excitement, swagger, impertinence. In many respects much of that is leeched away when recording have been cleaned up, polished, digitally remastered, subjected to all kinds of technical 'improvements' and God knows what else.

However, having said all of this, I have no wish to disrespect or dismiss those good people on this forum who enjoy the very things I don't. Superb audio, top class technical specifications, and such. Absolutely right that they too can look for, and chat about, such things.

As for me, having listened to The Stones for over 50 years on badly damaged vinyl records I am convinced that the second line of Jumpin'Jack Flash does NOT say 'And I howled to my Ma in the drivin' rain' It REALLY says 'And I my Ma ,,,ing rain...' It still seems wrong somehow when, even in concert, Mick insists on inserting all those 'extra' words...

wow...now we know why jack flash was jumping...beer and grease!

Not to be confused with "Fear and Grease" (July 5, 1969) cool smiley

ok i got a great story for you all
couple years ago i was looking through records at a local thrift store and pulled out a nice looking copy of issac hayes hot buttered soul
got it for 50 cents but you see i made the mistaken of only looking at one side when i got home i took it out and looked at the other side and there was a candy cane completely melted into side b now as strange as that is what i can't figure out is why the record didn't stick to the inner sleeve

Date: November 5, 2021 07:49

Well guess they dont make candy cane like they use ta ....

Damn cheap imports ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 5, 2021 10:02

GerardHennessy
I too grew up listening to The Stones on very very poor audio equipment. On pirate radio stations (awful reception quality), on vinyl albums and singles that skipped and jumped erratically because of the beer and grease accidentally spilled on them, on cheap record players, cassette tape decks, and on reel-to-reel recorders I used to record directly from the radio. The audio quality was truly dreadful, but the magic shone through. And that is what The Stones have always meant to me. Energy, excitement, swagger, impertinence. In many respects much of that is leeched away when recording have been cleaned up, polished, digitally remastered, subjected to all kinds of technical 'improvements' and God knows what else.

Ha ha. This! Quote of the year.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 5, 2021 11:01

I love "Come to the ball" smileys with beer
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 5, 2021 13:10

thumbs up
jackflash27
Listened to the outtakes vinyl now a few times and have to conclude this is a great disc! All very nice tracks which could have be a superb album of its own. I had the same feeling with the Some girls outtakes, which I rate a little bit higher than this one. But this one is also exceeding expectations. Great stuff!

I'd agree with that . Sometimes we're all just too bloody critical of everything !

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 5, 2021 13:41

Interesting observation, about the Tattoo You Carnaby Red.

Not The Remastered 2021 Tattoo You Version, but the Miles 2018 Mix, according to the matrix runout.

Matrix LP 1 Side A Runout: MPO 0602557974645 A (Etched) (MPO-Logo®) 21215682 Miles Abbey Road ½ Speed Room 30
Matrix LP 1 Side B Runout: MPO 0602557974645 B (Etched) (MPO-Logo®) 21215683 Miles Abbey Road ½ Speed Room 30

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 5, 2021 14:51

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

To me this has some sort of Lynyrd Skynyrd vibe

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 5, 2021 18:55

Since when is Neighbours a Jagger/Richards/Wood song?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 5, 2021 19:28

treaclefingers
Maindefender
walkingthedog

Excellent! I've been so busy I haven't even had time to crack the CD yet. Looking forward to it!
Damn you just gave me a reason to pick up the CD!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 5, 2021 19:50

I reckon slow talking is now a Jagger single

Date: November 5, 2021 20:02

They shoulda chucked out Start Me Up
from bonus disc as a 7" single.. might had a hit with it again ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 5, 2021 20:09

BowieStone

at least since 'Stripped' – it's credited to J/R/W on one of the singles that were released in 1995

Date: November 5, 2021 20:10

I finally bought the 2CDs since amazon offered it for € 16.99. And it came with AutoRip of the London show…

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 5, 2021 21:40

Rockman
They shoulda chucked out Start Me Up
from bonus disc as a 7" single.. might had a hit with it again ..

i'd buy that but what's the b side maybe chantilly lace or a exclusive one like a finished version of built that way or misty roads

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 6, 2021 03:37

slewan
BowieStone

at least since 'Stripped' – it's credited to J/R/W on one of the singles that were released in 1995

That's Black Limousine.

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 11:54

Nikkei
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

I played it on YT with 0,75 speed. I reckon if it is played at 0,80 or 0,85speed then you got that right.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:08

@Georgelicks

What about TY in the charts?In UK is it fall down from #7 of first week?!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:48

Freebird1959
Nikkei
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

I played it on YT with 0,75 speed. I reckon if it is played at 0,80 or 0,85speed then you got that right.

Free Bird exactly what I had in mind

Date: November 6, 2021 14:49

GasLightStreet
slewan
BowieStone

That's Black Limousine.

you're right. I somehow mixed that up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home