Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 22, 2021 20:44

rebelhipi
Massimo68
Unavailable on Amazon.fr, Fnac.com and all Fnac stores in France.

For the preorders, shipping date is unknown at this time.
I noticed that.
My 4cd deluxe boxset from Amazon.fr hasent shipped yet.

My expected arrival date is now November 3th.

I just saw that the price in amazon.de increased from 114e to 146e.

Im just gonna wait it out, and enjoy it in Tidal for now.

I guess you guys are referring to the 4cd or vinyl? Cuz I just checked and the 2cd version is available at the Montparnasse FNAC (according to their website).

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 22, 2021 20:48

GivenToFly15
"Comme à la SNCF"

Come on, stop this bullshit please.

Well, I find no offence in his reference, they ARE on strike - once again - this weekend!
[www.lefigaro.fr]

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:22

FrogSugar
I guess you guys are referring to the 4cd or vinyl? Cuz I just checked and the 2cd version is available at the Montparnasse FNAC (according to their website).

Yes, 'only' the boxsets are unavailable (I've someone from Fnac.com on the phone this afternoon and they have no clue about the new release date).

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:22

Wembley LPs sounds ok, like a very good quality bootleg. If you got this quality in the 80s you were in heaven, but not up to what you would expect today. Slightly muffled, remains me a little of the filtering TSP used (too much of).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 21:23 by GeorgV.

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:51

GivenToFly15
"Comme à la SNCF"

Come on, stop this bullshit please.

Ouh no, don't punish me! I'll don't do it again!
Is it better "Savoir nager comme Fernandel"

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:52

My, goodness: isn’t Fast Talking, Slow Walking utterly sublime? Mick’s ‘new’ vocals are fantastic. What a phenomenon he truly is. Seriously: I’m, generally, unimpressed with most of these Frankenstein-like creations that our Mick is obsessed with, but this is something very special, I think. What a fantastic song!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:20

RobertJohnson
I had the chance meanwhile to hear Wembley on a good sound system. The old Sam Wheat-disease: Mick upfront in a grotesque way. The guitars in the background. It is the same messed-up sound like on Miami. A great performance and a lousy sound. Is Bob Clearmountain too expansive for a deluxe-project? So they pay for an absolutely deaf man.

We haven't had an excellant SBD since Ya Ya's IMO. A lot of the '81 SBD's had the same issue. Picking on my deluxe tonight along with new Parquet Courts album...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:26

Is Drift Away new or old vocals?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:31

Big Al
My, goodness: isn’t Fast Talking, Slow Walking utterly sublime? Mick’s ‘new’ vocals are fantastic. What a phenomenon he truly is. Seriously: I’m, generally, unimpressed with most of these Frankenstein-like creations that our Mick is obsessed with, but this is something very special, I think. What a fantastic song!
Always one of my favorite out takes. Listening now to the new version. Absolutely glorious. Best new Mick vocals in years

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:35

I think there was plenty of good reason that the outtakes weren't released on the record. Haven't listened to the concert yet.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:55

"The whole thing is passé, put it on eBay"

Isn't that some sort of anachronism in a song from 1981

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:58

NilsHolgersson

Old vocals!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:00

I predict in 10 years we get another Tattoo You deluxe.........

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:01

Giving this 40th Anniversary release a 10/10. The bonus material is all wonderfully balanced, just like the original Tattoo You. I wasn't crazy about the re-working of the reggae version of Start Me Up, but it has quite grown on me. Mick has written and recorded great new lyrics/vocals for these old tracks. Still need to listen to the Wembley concert too but the new remaster of Tattoo You sounds fantastic. Will be listening to this release for a long time coming. smileys with beer

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:24

Nilsholgersson
"The whole thing is passé, put it on eBay"

I too noticed that immediately. Mick already knew about eBay way back then.winking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:28

First listen fast talking is Jagger ss its best
Start me up reggae outtake, super wonderful.
Live Wembley. Any 81-82 live stuff make me crazy crazy, Happy Happy

Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:46

I can happily say that the Wembley show is excellent!!!!

As Neil Young once said "Live music is better. Bumper sticker will be issued".

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:51

JordyLicks96
Giving this 40th Anniversary release a 10/10. The bonus material is all wonderfully balanced, just like the original Tattoo You. I wasn't crazy about the re-working of the reggae version of Start Me Up, but it has quite grown on me. Mick has written and recorded great new lyrics/vocals for these old tracks. Still need to listen to the Wembley concert too but the new remaster of Tattoo You sounds fantastic. Will be listening to this release for a long time coming. smileys with beer

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: October 23, 2021 00:05

NilsHolgersson
I would say new and in certain parts mixed with old vocals

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 23, 2021 00:37

All sounds good to me, right now....and I ain't even buzzed....smileys with beersmoking smiley

Date: October 23, 2021 01:22

I'd like to see other vocalists from Mick's generation like McCartney, Daltrey, Plant, etc. be able to do what he does adding new vocals to old outtakes, but they just don't have the range any more.

Date: October 23, 2021 01:31

Wembley........oh man...if nothing else, what a tribute to Charlie's playing.thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:34

GasLightStreet
Stoneage
Yea, what's the point buying the super deluxe album when you can listen to it for free on Spotify? Saves you both money and space...

Because, for personal example, when a hurricane comes along and knocks out power and internet and, I dunno, you get power back within 8 days but not internet, in my case, over a month... I'm certainly grateful for not joining the 'oh it's online so get rid of' idiocy of DVDs, Bluerays and CDs.

Ida made me realize some some things: the internet is not all it's cracked up to be in "being in touch" or "communication". X amount of people marked themselves safe on FB because... I really don't know. A majority of people I saw posting that were nowhere near, yet alone where I was, Ida.

And with the whole 'connected' bullshit of social media... nothing. Just like the idiots on a couch saying 'stand in solidarity' with whatever.

Complete bullshit.

But the distance of that "being in touch" may be my own fault for eating the disaster of a hurricane with glee and people may see something - or not see a thing - and figure, well, leave him alone - but for a week or the rest of September, I found it interesting not one person within personal circumference asked anything.

Yet alone others from afar. But I figure it to be 'it's a mess' so why bother. It is. It will be for a while.

That aside, the whole "we are a community" is a bit odd: only if you're really in trouble for a moment - a day later it's forgotten.

Don't think you're on your own? Have friends? Bullshit. More alone than you may ever be capable of understanding. Life is not an app.

I rode around on a bike I didn't even recognize. I got lost because of all the trees and water except when I realized 'oh, that's' whatever bayou overflowed or I recognized a tree yet it's on the ground. I found friends I haven't hung out with in eons and they fed me variations of Bloody Mary's and whatever.

Here we are.

Yep. 2 hours later: I gotta go.

OK. See ya later.

It took me over an hour to go half a mile home because of the destruction. Wandered around and saw just mess, houses split by trees. Houses surrounded by trees. Streets completely shut down because of trees. That didn't affect me, strangely, specifically, the disaster that I'm familiar with for so long, it was just MORE so, a lot more so, especially after seeing what happened S and SW of where I live that got PLOWED - what really affected me was sleeping in a house that was 89F and wondering how my dogs were handling the heat.

So.

I welcome the hard copy deluxe reissue of TATTOO YOU.

Missed out on the release of A BIGGER BANG because of Hurricane Katrina. I missed everything with it. Katrina taught me that my interest in music, regardless of how and why, didn't matter. I had to be where I was and deal with where I was. With exception to a certain aspect of music, music meant zero at that time, and the Stones were not on my mind, but music turned into a lifeline.

Being reduced to a piece of dust, or the equivalent of a twig, brings on new observations - and respect for "things" in life.

There's a general attitude here along the Gulf Coast that seems to confuse the rest of the United States - we ride every day. Because at any time it can all get destroyed.

The beauty of disc 2 of the 2021 TATTOO YOU deluxe is... if you don't like it, don't listen. If you want to bitch about it, I have several fallen oak trees you can crawl under and tell me if they look heavy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:37

DrPete
Big Al
Always one of my favorite out takes. Listening now to the new version. Absolutely glorious. Best new Mick vocals in years

Gentlemen, I agree. Excellent delivery by Mick. Incredible tune by all means.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 01:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:58

Those extra cuts: oh man, do they sound so good. All of them. Honestly, I don't know how the Stones, or any music, could sound any better.

More detailed account will come later, but now I just enjoy the latest (incredible) outcome by the greatest rock and roll band of the world.

- Doxa

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 02:07

I find it hard to believe that Taylor is not playing on WOAF in some capacity. Bass? There is no song from the Goats Head Soup sessions he is not playing on

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 23, 2021 02:13

The new bonus tracks are awesome. The best ever. What a great new release. Play it loud!!!

Date: October 23, 2021 02:26

GasLightStreet
Stoneage
Yea, what's the point buying the super deluxe album when you can listen to it for free on Spotify? Saves you both money and space...

Because, for personal example, when a hurricane comes along and knocks out power and internet and, I dunno, you get power back within 8 days but not internet, in my case, over a month... I'm certainly grateful for not joining the 'oh it's online so get rid of' idiocy of DVDs, Bluerays and CDs.

Ida made me realize some some things: the internet is not all it's cracked up to be in "being in touch" or "communication". X amount of people marked themselves safe on FB because... I really don't know. A majority of people I saw posting that were nowhere near, yet alone where I was, Ida.

And with the whole 'connected' bullshit of social media... nothing. Just like the idiots on a couch saying 'stand in solidarity' with whatever.

Complete bullshit.

But the distance of that "being in touch" may be my own fault for eating the disaster of a hurricane with glee and people may see something - or not see a thing - and figure, well, leave him alone - but for a week or the rest of September, I found it interesting not one person within personal circumference asked anything.

Yet alone others from afar. But I figure it to be 'it's a mess' so why bother. It is. It will be for a while.

That aside, the whole "we are a community" is a bit odd: only if you're really in trouble for a moment - a day later it's forgotten.

Don't think you're on your own? Have friends? Bullshit. More alone than you may ever be capable of understanding. Life is not an app.

I rode around on a bike I didn't even recognize. I got lost because of all the trees and water except when I realized 'oh, that's' whatever bayou overflowed or I recognized a tree yet it's on the ground. I found friends I haven't hung out with in eons and they fed me variations of Bloody Mary's and whatever.

Here we are.

Yep. 2 hours later: I gotta go.

OK. See ya later.

It took me over an hour to go half a mile home because of the destruction. Wandered around and saw just mess, houses split by trees. Houses surrounded by trees. Streets completely shut down because of trees. That didn't affect me, strangely, specifically, the disaster that I'm familiar with for so long, it was just MORE so, a lot more so, especially after seeing what happened S and SW of where I live that got PLOWED - what really affected me was sleeping in a house that was 89F and wondering how my dogs were handling the heat.

So.

I welcome the hard copy deluxe reissue of TATTOO YOU.

Missed out on the release of A BIGGER BANG because of Hurricane Katrina. I missed everything with it. Katrina taught me that my interest in music, regardless of how and why, didn't matter. I had to be where I was and deal with where I was. With exception to a certain aspect of music, music meant zero at that time, and the Stones were not on my mind, but music turned into a lifeline.

Being reduced to a piece of dust, or the equivalent of a twig, brings on new observations - and respect for "things" in life.

There's a general attitude here along the Gulf Coast that seems to confuse the rest of the United States - we ride every day. Because at any time it can all get destroyed.

The beauty of disc 2 of the 2021 TATTOO YOU deluxe is... if you don't like it, don't listen. If you want to bitch about it, I have several fallen oak trees you can crawl under and tell me if they look heavy.

couldn't agree more i've never abandoned phisycal media and it is the primary way i enjoy video and music and not just dvd and blu ray i also gleefully collect beta vhs laserdisc i even have a box of eiaj-1 open reel vtr video tapes from a local tv station all dated 1972 but i have no player to play them back with but some day i'll get a working one and bake the tapes in the oven and see whats on them two of them are labeled news/location/various and dated 6/72 and they come from my local nbc affiliate king5 in seattle though it seems unlikely i've always hoped they contained reports from the stones show at the coliseum

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 23, 2021 02:29

Tempted to order the Super Deluxe vinyl but I think I will wait. That paid off with GHS, I got the super deluxe a couple of weeks ago for a very good price.

Date: October 23, 2021 02:41

so since they now seem willing to play the deluxe tracks onstage what are you all hopping to see them play from lost & found my choices would be

living in the heart of/drift away/fiji jim/ and shame shame shame

and maybe the new arrangment of start me up just for fun

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 02:44 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home