Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:45

Harry
Orginal Troubles a coming:
[www.youtube.com]

Wow, great song the first half of the 70's was so loaded with cool music. So we have three covers on the deluxe, assuming It's A lie is an original.

The 30sec Trouble's A Coming from Gillette sounds fine, and I like Steve's tight drumming

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:45

spunky

Second single Trouble's A Coming on 24 September

Doesn't look like since it's already 24 September in New Zealand and there's no new Track on [www.Qobuz.com] or [Music.Apple.com] or ready for premiere on YouTube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 16:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:04

You’re right. It’s 5AM on east coast of the States and no new track is posted.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 24, 2021 12:07

Probably delayed. The Living in the Heart of Love video was released just a few days ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 12:08 by ribbelchips.

Date: September 29, 2021 21:55

Troubles A’ Comin (4:17) - released 30-Sep-2021 - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] :

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

Live in Charlotte, 30-Sep-2021 - [www.YouTube.com]

[www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 12:10 by Irix.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:06

Irix
Troubles A’ Comin (4:17) - premiere 1-Oct-2021 (when it's 0:00am in your country):

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com]

[youtu.be]
New vocals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 01:11 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 30, 2021 02:28

[turbobit.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 02:29 by mariano.

Date: September 30, 2021 02:29

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:26

I really like what I heard, but this song is going to get torn apart by the usual people on this board, lol.

Between the 2021 Mick vocals, extra guitars, and the extra verse he wrote that is a little topical, there will be endless complaints in the coming days.

Date: September 30, 2021 04:09

smileys with beer

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:22

mariano
smileys with beer

Thanks for sharing btw!

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:27

really excited for this! i’m going to try and hold out until the 22nd when the deluxe set comes out

Date: September 30, 2021 10:10

Date: September 30, 2021 10:14

One of the best archive tracks! Loved Mick's nod to Otis in the end: "Ol' man trouble...".

Great! thumbs up

Date: September 30, 2021 10:47

DandelionPowderman
One of the best archive tracks! Loved Mick's nod to Otis in the end: "Ol' man trouble...".

Great! thumbs up

I really like it smileys with beer

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 30, 2021 12:17

It’s up on Spotify in the U.K. now.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 30, 2021 14:58

Wow, quite different from the "50 fully finished" version. But not better, unfortunately. I like the music, but Jaggers singing is...too smooth, of clean of whatever you wanna call it. Like he sat when he sung it instead of standing.. For the first time on these 'deluxe' versions, 'Trouble' feels out of place to me. It really doesn't sound as a late 70's song like the rest of Tattoo You.

Following the River, Scarlett, No Spare Parts.. They all sounded like real leftovers from that era. This really sounds like a modern Stones song. Which still is nice, but.. well.. weird on a 1981 re-issue.

Date: September 30, 2021 15:21

ribbelchips
Wow, quite different from the "50 fully finished" version. But not better, unfortunately. I like the music, but Jaggers singing is...too smooth, of clean of whatever you wanna call it. Like he sat when he sung it instead of standing.. For the first time on these 'deluxe' versions, 'Trouble' feels out of place to me. It really doesn't sound as a late 70's song like the rest of Tattoo You.

Following the River, Scarlett, No Spare Parts.. They all sounded like real leftovers from that era. This really sounds like a modern Stones song. Which still is nice, but.. well.. weird on a 1981 re-issue.

No, no, no - it sounds like Pathe Marconi-era Stones at their best. Just lovely thumbs up

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:48

(I know it's been posted before grinning smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 16:57 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:59

[REPOSTED IN THE TAC THREAD]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 17:02 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:46

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:41

Mick Jagger Opens Up About the Challenge of Touring Without Charlie Watts

Jagger also told Apple Music 1's Zane Lowe about the newly remastered 40th anniversary edition of 'Tattoo You.'

By Gil Kaufman
9/30/2021

One of the most beloved songs on the Rolling Stones' 1981 album, Tattoo You, is closing track "Waiting on a Friend." In it, singer Mick Jagger drawls about how he's not "waiting on a lady/ I'm just waiting on a friend." In a chat with Apple Music 1's Zane Lowe on Thursday (Sept. 30), Jagger talked about revisiting that album for the upcoming 40th anniversary bonus edition, as well as his writing spree during the COVID-19 lockdown and the difficulty of carrying on following the death of longtime Stones drummer and friend, Charlie Watts.

"Some people said, 'Oh, well, Charlie, died. He should have not done the tour and stopped," Jagger said of the advice the band got about their just-rebooted No Filter stadium tour following Watts's death at 80 last month. "And then other people would think, 'Well ...,' But the thing about The Rolling Stones, I think, throughout their career has been their resilience in the face of adversity. And we've had ups and downs -- mostly ups, to be honest. We've had adversity, and this was probably one of the most difficult ones."

But with the dates booked -- after they were canceled last year during the pandemic -- Jagger said the rest of the band thought it would be best to carry on. With a few shows under their belts so far, the singer said things feel pretty good so far and he's glad the band decided to press on. "I'm glad we're doing it. I know Charlie wanted us to do it. I think the audience wants to do it," he said.

One thing that lifted the 79-year-old's spirits is the memory of the recent time he spent in the studio with Watts recording new songs and revisiting some of the Tattoo You classics. "Charlie came into the studio. We did some we did some work on Tattoo You. Charlie did some work on just, just a few fills and stuff like that," he said of the drummer with the notoriously light, jazzy touch.

"And then when we started messing around with some other things, so I've worked with him. It seems like only yesterday that I was in the studio with Charlie, joshing around. It's just so weird and then very sad," Jagger added. "And I mean, it's such a long time that you work with someone like that, and you get to know someone so well and their quirks and their idiosyncrasies and they know yours. And there's a language in communication with musicians, obviously, or anything else ... That's very rare. I miss that so much."

In addition to digging into and tinkering with the Tattoo material, Jagger also talked about writing "a lot" of new songs during lockdown, some of which feel like they could be Stones songs and some that are definitely not in the band's lane. 1981's 11-track Tattoo You featured the band's No. 2 hit "Start Me Up" as well as "Hang Fire," "Little T&A" and "No Use in Crying." The re-mastered version of the album that was originally assembled from castoff tunes recorded in the 1970s will feature all the original songs, plus nine new and previously unheard recordings, bonus tracks and live cuts. The collection is due out on Oct. 22.

Jagger explained to Lowe that with the pressure of an already-booked tour and their record company eager for a new album to promote, the band were stymied since they didn't have one to offer. "And they said, 'Well, why don't you go back and see what you've got in the last eight years. You must have something.'" So they did, and engineer-producer Chris Kimsey dug around, uncovering "Start Me Up" and other tracks that they didn't think they'd finished.

"But they were finished. And that's the same process I had to go through here," he said of going back to the tapes for the reissue in the same way the band had to dig in to finish the original. "There were a lot of tracks that had no top lines, they had no tunes, they had no melody ... and [guitarist] Keith [Richards] and I worked on those tracks to make those tracks work. So we finished the whole album like that and quite quickly."

The Rolling Stones singer dove into rediscovering the band's cover of the Chi-Lites' 1970 track "Troubles a' Comin'," which the Stones originally recorded in 1979 and then dusted off on Sept. 20 during a private show at Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts. Though it was was an existing composition, Jagger said he added an extra verse to it, then asked the Chi-Lites if that was okay. "But that was kind of easy, in a way. And then Ronnie [Wood] put a guitar solo on it," he said.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:57

Mick joined @zanelowe to talk about Troubles A Comin, the 40th anniversary edition of Tattoo You and more. Check it out now, only on @AppleMusic
apple.co/zane

[twitter.com]

Date: October 1, 2021 20:10

Mick Jagger on The Rolling Stones releasing "Troubles A’ Comin" - [Music.Apple.com] - (12m:34s).

Re: Any chance of a Tattoo You deluxe version next year?!
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 2, 2021 19:54

GasLightStreet
stone66
A re-release adding outtakes from an album that was itself just mostly outtakes

It was entirely outtakes.

Apparently Neighbours was the only 'new' song on it.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 2, 2021 20:30

bye bye johnny
Mick joined @zanelowe to talk about Troubles A Comin, the 40th anniversary edition of Tattoo You and more. Check it out now, only on @AppleMusic
apple.co/zane

[twitter.com]

"We're going on tour and the recording company was like: where is your new album??"

Why didn't the record company say that with all the latest new albumless tours sad smiley

Re: Any chance of a Tattoo You deluxe version next year?!
Date: October 2, 2021 23:37

jamesfdouglas
GasLightStreet
stone66
A re-release adding outtakes from an album that was itself just mostly outtakes

It was entirely outtakes.

Apparently Neighbours was the only 'new' song on it.

Backing tracks are from 1979.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 2, 2021 23:48

I think the two new tracks that have been released are great. Really enjoyed them.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 4, 2021 21:11

Great songs!
Is Mick going to rerecord Drift Away (new vocals) or are they using the old recording?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 6, 2021 00:33

One track that could have been on the Deluxe has just been made available officially ;-)

[open.spotify.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home