Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2021 05:19

ProfessorWolf

Re: Tattoo You deluxe version new
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 7, 2021 23:36

jbwelda
spunky
einte
I thought I read somewhere over here about a promotion schedule for Tattoo You 2021 with a 'new single' in September can't find it anybody can help?
Second single Trouble's A Coming on 24 September

Second single? What was the first? I don't think Living In the Heart of Love has actually been release, has it, as anything other than a youtube video.

jb
That is the way they released singles these days. You do not need physical format for young generation. Streaming service or youtube is OK.
[www.qobuz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-07 23:38 by ironbelly

i would love to buy a 45 of living in the heart of love with trouble's a comin on the flip side
i mean if they can go through the trouble of putting it on picture discs and a new cassette they could release a 45 single

yup!

last year the Scarlet single was released with GHS, soup cover, in a bundle. they seemed to do this as an afterthought as it wasn't initially available.

SO....you never know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-08 05:22 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 8, 2021 05:20

There is a funny story about cassettes I read somewhere.

Most (USA, federal or state I am not sure) prisons will not let just any merchandise get to prisoners. CDs are outlawed for some reason and there are all these rules about something being sealed and its exact dimensions and stuff like that. Bottom line is that in most, or at least many, prisons, cassette tapes from the manufacturer (no home made mix tapes) is the only format allowed into the prison to the inmate population. This has been near the only reason music these days is released on cassette tape, and the artists available on the medium kind of reflect that situation. So along with being a collectors item, this cassette version of Tattoo You will make a great gift to your uncle in stir for that failed coup or whatever.

jb

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 8, 2021 05:36

ProfessorWolf

jbwelda
spunky
einte
I thought I read somewhere over here about a promotion schedule for Tattoo You 2021 with a 'new single' in September can't find it anybody can help?

Second single? What was the first? I don't think Living In the Heart of Love has actually been release, has it, as anything other than a youtube video.

jb
That is the way they released singles these days. You do not need physical format for young generation. Streaming service or youtube is OK.
[www.qobuz.com]

i would love to buy a 45 of living in the heart of love with trouble's a comin on the flip side
i mean if they can go through the trouble of putting it on picture discs and a new cassette they could release a 45 single

yup!

last year the Scarlet single was released with GHS, soup cover, in a bundle. they seemed to do this as an afterthought as it wasn't initially available.

SO....you never know!

wow didn't know about the scarlet single could you point me to it on amazon or ebay

Most (USA, federal or state I am not sure) prisons will not let just any merchandise get to prisoners. CDs are outlawed for some reason and there are all these rules about something being sealed and its exact dimensions and stuff like that. Bottom line is that in most, or at least many, prisons, cassette tapes from the manufacturer (no home made mix tapes) is the only format allowed into the prison to the inmate population. This has been near the only reason music these days is released on cassette tape, and the artists available on the medium kind of reflect that situation. So along with being a collectors item, this cassette version of Tattoo You will make a great gift to your uncle in stir for that failed coup or whatever.

jb

I hope they don't think we're a rock 'n' roll outfit.

didn't know that just thought they smelled money in the small community of tape heads like me who still want these releases on cassette
by the way i know its not the best version but my favorite way to listen to tattoo you is on the original cassette something about it just sounds right with the music on the album so can't wait to get my new copy on cassette and see how it sounds

Date: September 8, 2021 05:44

ProfessorWolf

ProfessorWolf

jbwelda
spunky
einte

jb
[www.qobuz.com]

yup!

SO....you never know!

wow didn't know about the scarlet single could you point me to it on amazon or ebay

jb

I hope they don't think we're a rock 'n' roll outfit.

didn't know that just thought they smelled money in the small community of tape heads like me who still want these releases on cassette
by the way i know its not the best version but my favorite way to listen to tattoo you is on the original cassette something about it just sounds right with the music on the album so can't wait to get my new copy on cassette and see how it sounds

I just did a google search, here it is but you can prolly get it elsewhere too. It's only available as bundled with the album though. Maybe you could get it separately if someone split it off and is selling on EBAY.

Date: September 8, 2021 05:50

thanks but there is no link in your post

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2021 06:23

7" Scarlet single came with alt. "Goats Head" cover of GHS vinyl album- still available here - GHS vinyl + Scarlet 7".

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2021 06:44

Little late, but 25% off Labor Day sale at UdiscoverMusic extended thru tonight.

Some decent deals.. GHS w 7" Scarlet @$25-free US shipping.
Under $100 for the deluxe GHS vinyl box set. New Tattoo You etc.

[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

Date: September 9, 2021 01:52

thanks everyone

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 07:20

MisterDDDD
Little late, but 25% off Labor Day sale at UdiscoverMusic extended thru tonight.

Some decent deals.. GHS w 7" Scarlet @$25-free US shipping.
Under $100 for the deluxe GHS vinyl box set. New Tattoo You etc.

[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

25% off was still not as good as Amazon.com for tattoo you Deluxe once postage taken to account. Universal postage WAY more than Amazon.

Rod

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: September 13, 2021 04:28

Would Emotional Rescue or Undercover be considered for deluxe versions? Or IORR and Black & Blue, for that matter.

Date: September 13, 2021 05:03

JimmyTheSaint
Would Emotional Rescue or Undercover be considered for deluxe versions? Or IORR and Black & Blue, for that matter.

This is the era I started my fandom...I would appreciate deluxe versions if there's enough good material.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: September 13, 2021 09:36

Will the Wembley live album be available on Spotify?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:13

At least the Brussels Affair show that came with GHS is on Spotify. Hopefully Wembley too.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:27

From the stevehoffman forum :

"Hilarious satellite feed featuring Mick Jagger (circa 1981) addressing EMI employees worldwide for a quasi Tattoo You sales ‘pep rally’ for the new album. Notice the “artwork” on either side of his chair"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: September 13, 2021 10:41

Notice: the artwork for the album is different (0' 56'')

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 13, 2021 13:23

Decided to buy the £15 2 CD edition. Can’t justify spending another £85 for a live show and book I’ll skim thru once.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2021 13:30

IsakSun

Will the Wembley live album be available on Spotify?

Tattoo You Super-Deluxe is listed on [www.Qobuz.com] and [Music.Apple.com] . Since both are also Streaming-Services it should be then available on Spotify as well.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: September 17, 2021 17:55

Does anyone know which 1982 Wembley concert is being released please ?

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 17, 2021 19:35

The first one, Friday is what I read above somewhere ....

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 20, 2021 14:56

spunky
einte

This Friday!! Always fun to hear everyone's opinion on these releases regarding how much and when songs get touched(vocals, added instruments) drinking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 20, 2021 21:34

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 20, 2021 21:54

dcba

"Hilarious satellite feed featuring Mick Jagger (circa 1981) addressing EMI employees worldwide for a quasi Tattoo You sales ‘pep rally’ for the new album. Notice the “artwork” on either side of his chair"

[www.youtube.com]

That is hilarious! Thank you for posting!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 20, 2021 23:14

peoplewitheyes
dcba

[www.youtube.com]

Before he was knighted obviously..

Date: September 20, 2021 23:44

snoopy2
peoplewitheyes
dcba

[www.youtube.com]

Before he was knighted obviously..

or maybe how he was knighted.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 21, 2021 08:58

Maindefender
spunky
einte

This Friday!! Always fun to hear everyone's opinion on these releases regarding how much and when songs get touched(vocals, added instruments) drinking smiley

They played it last night with a Ronnie solo so that might be in the updated studio version too...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: September 21, 2021 19:59

Orginal Troubles a coming:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 21, 2021 20:13

"Troubles A' Comin"

I can hear the people talkin'
I can see the people walkin', ah yeah
Troubles a' comin', in more ways than one, woo hoo

May he take me away from here
Lord if I don't have no fear, y'all

(I can hear, hear the people talkin') Troubles a' comin', y'all
(I can see, see the people walkin') You best believe that ain't all
In more ways than one, woo hoo
Get it together, all right

After givin' all I've givin' (get it together)
What should I say, excuse me for livin', all right (get it together)
'Cause I'm in a prison, and love is the key, woo hoo

Somebody get together
And come on, we gotta make it better

(I can hear, hear the people talkin') 'Cause troubles a' comin', y'all
(I can see, see the people walkin') You best believe that ain't all
In more ways than one, woo hoo
(I can hear, hear the people talkin'
I can see, see the people walkin')

I can hear, hear the people talkin'
I can see, see the people walkin'

Date: September 22, 2021 14:53

Harry
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah it's a cover and nobody noticed it when the Ffso boot appeared.
Shame on us! cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 22, 2021 18:07

dcba
Harry
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah it's a cover and nobody noticed it when the Ffso boot appeared.
Shame on us! cool smiley

Yeah, I'll rise my hand as a sign of a faultgrinning smiley. This is what I wrote in the concert thread after Harry had shown the original.

Doxa
Harry
orginal troubles a coming:
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks! You live and learn.

I didn't know the song being a cover (until Mick said last night) and anything about The Chi-Lites. Checked them from Wiki, and damn, this Chicago-based R&B/soul vocal quartet was founded in 1959 and still going on, and one of the founders, Marshall Thompson, still onboard. Their peak years were early 70's. Seemingly "Trouble's A' Comin" is a single B-side from 1970. The A-side was "Are You A Woman" - of which samples were used by Beyonce Knowles in her 2004 Grammy-winning (and whatever) "Crazy In Love".

- Doxa

Date: September 22, 2021 18:20

Doxa

Yeah, I'll rise my hand as a sign of a faultgrinning smiley. This is what I wrote in the concert thread after Harry had shown the original.

- Doxa

I'll raise both and I'll take no dessert tonight!
So the song is from 1970... and as soon as I heard the 1st instrumental version that popped up on a VGP boot around 1997 I thought "hey Mick re-did "Crazy Mama".
Is it possible that Mick heard this one back in 1970 and got "subliminally" inspired by it when he penned CM 5-6 years later...?

Keith often said Mick is a sponge : you let him listen to a piece of music and some time later he comes back with a similar-sounding tune, thinking he wrote it.

"Anybody seen my"... plagiarism? grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home