Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Date: August 23, 2021 14:40

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
Dorn
DandelionPowderman
Dorn
....but 26.6. most likely bec that show was al least professionally filmed ...

1) All shows were recorded. 2) TY deluxe Wembley is audio only.

1) that would be news to me
2) yes, but audio might still be from that same source

Regarding 1): It's an assumption on my part, though, as all the 1981-shows were recorded on the soundboard.

2) Indeed, but we don't have the info to assume it's most likely.
I am going to buy the Deluxe version as it has the remastered album , then the 9 bonus track disc and the last 2 disc the Wembley show . I wish they gave us Wembley on DVD , that would have been the ultimate for me as I love DVD's and seeing the show in addition to hearing it .

Same here thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 23, 2021 15:37

GasLightStreet
Hairball
Scarlett certainly doesn't fit in with GHS, but for some mysterious reason they decided to plop it on there for the anniversary edition.
They should have compiled and released an album of these outtakes as an album of outtakes vs. trying to fit them in to something where they obviously don't fit.
That's why the 50 finished outtakes, etc. boot was so nice...there was no rhyme or reason...just a bunch of outtakes, oddities, etc. that spanned many years.

Tallahassee Lassie and We Had It All are not from SOME GIRLS yet... there they are on the SG Deluxe.

For so many albums the Stones used previous LP sessions tracks repeatedly or recorded new versions of them. Other bands/artists have done the same.

But to release some special deluxe version of an album and include tracks on it that are post-that LP?

Some have argued it's in the same time line. I get that but that's stretching A LOT. And it has zero accuracy in regard to the context.

It's too bad Misty Roads wasn't finished for the TY40 yet alone SGDeluxe. At least we get Fiji Jim.

Shame Shame Shame could well be from Blue and Lonesome(I hope so). TY contained material over an 8 year stretch, but conceptually it worked pretty good. If LITHOL came out in '81, most of us would not have thought twice about its' recording date. Until every version of every song is released chronologically we'll never be satisfied...BTW sign me up for that project..smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 23, 2021 16:08

8 outtakes from TY and 3 from GHS last year, we've got a nice "new" album with 11 tracks from the 70's, released in 2020-21.

Date: August 23, 2021 16:16

I would have loved them to include the 12-minute Munich Hilton instrumental - it's hypnotically fab. May it be attached to a Black and Blue expanded?

Munich Hilton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 16:30 by MadMetaphoricalMax.

Re: "new" bonus tracks on Tattoo You Deluxe question
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:03

DGA35
Can't wait to hear Drift Away, one of my favourite Stones covers. Could have been on Only R'n'R album but Ain't Too Proud To Beg was put on instead. Had the bootleg version for years so it'll be interesting to see what they did, hopefully Mick didn't re-record the vocals.

Like the Drift Away cover, it's pretty cool and Mick sings great on it (bootleg version, of course) ... but Ain't Too Proud To Beg blows it away, they made the right choice!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:20

At this point, are there any UMG aspettative about a new studio album of originals next year for the 60th Anniversary?!Any chances that it could see the light next year?!

Date: August 23, 2021 17:25

mailexile67
At this point, are there any UMG aspettative about a new studio album of originals next year for the 60th Anniversary?!Any chances that it could see the light next year?!

I'd love to know too, but the thread on that is way too long and I can't bring myself to click on it, haha.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:09

georgelicks
8 outtakes from TY and 3 from GHS last year, we've got a nice "new" album with 11 tracks from the 70's, released in 2020-21.

I do hope you’re not suggesting that the Stones feel they’ve fulfilled their contractual obligations! In other words: the lazy gits are not obliged to offer any more!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:57

Big Al
georgelicks

I do hope you’re not suggesting that the Stones feel they’ve fulfilled their contractual obligations! In other words: the lazy gits are not obliged to offer any more!

They have no contractual obligation in the recording part, no deadline, that's why the album is the bubble year after year, no one is pushed to end it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:36

georgelicks
Big Al
georgelicks

They have no contractual obligation in the recording part, no deadline, that's why the album is the bubble year after year, no one is pushed to end it.

damn, you just popped our balloon.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 23, 2021 21:22

Big Al
georgelicks

Well if I am reading the tea leaves correctly I would assume that all of Ronnie's hints that have teased us that a brand new album was being worked on the past several years or however long that big tease has been going on and my theory is that the big tease has been about unearthing these long forgotten tracks mined from the Stones vaults for these deluxe releases (deluxe is probably the wrong term to use ) Suffice to say these are the new tracks from the new album that we most likely will not be getting . If that's the case I will enjoy these deluxe releases / reissue and call it a day .

Date: August 23, 2021 21:39

TheGreek
Big Al
georgelicks

Well if I am reading the tea leaves correctly I would assume that all of Ronnie's hints that have teased us that a brand new album was being worked on the past several years or however long that big tease has been going on and my theory is that the big tease has been about unearthing these long forgotten tracks mined from the Stones vaults for these deluxe releases (deluxe is probably the wrong term to use ) Suffice to say these are the new tracks from the new album that we most likely will not be getting . If that's the case I will enjoy these deluxe releases / reissue and call it a day .

Mick also said one more album. He's pretty clear-eyed, I'd hold out hope for something for 2022 and the 60th.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 24, 2021 00:34

I don't care for any of that. Why can't they just release that one jam Mick teased two years ago. No polishing up and overdoing it with overdubs just that vibe is all I really want from them. [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 02:14

For at least a quarter of a century Mick has barely collaborated with Keith in creating new music. it’s like the Beatles White Album, a collection of solo songs by Mick and Keith with the band backing them up on the recordings. Mick collaboration has been more with Matt Clifford and Dave Stewart than Keith .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 02:14 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2021 04:14

Taylor1
For at least a quarter of a century Mick has barely collaborated with Keith in creating new music. it’s like the Beatles White Album, a collection of solo songs by Mick and Keith with the band backing them up on the recordings.
Mick collaboration has been more with Matt Clifford and Dave Stewart than Keith .

Sad, but true.

Date: August 24, 2021 04:38

Hairball
Taylor1
For at least a quarter of a century Mick has barely collaborated with Keith in creating new music. it’s like the Beatles White Album, a collection of solo songs by Mick and Keith with the band backing them up on the recordings.
Mick collaboration has been more with Matt Clifford and Dave Stewart than Keith .

Sad, but true.

Well most marriages don't last 60 years. They've stayed together this long for the children (us).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 24, 2021 08:25

georgelicks
Big Al
georgelicks

Having read a couple articles about the recent UMG extension, the part about anything new is carefully (possibly) worded. Nothing states "new album".

UMG will continue to distribute the band’s celebrated recorded music catalogue globally with future projects and reissues to be released through UMG’s labels and networks around the world.

[www.universalmusic.com]

Obviously "future projects" have been Living In A Ghost Town and the live releases like ATLANTIC CITY etc.

It would be interesting to find out if there was a decision made about how many deluxe reissues, which may've influenced what ones were chosen. Which doesn't require any math to understand in regard to history, reputation, charting and sales (so far all of the reissued LPs but EOMS have sold 3 million copies or more in the United States, for example).

Which might explain why there wasn't a 40th for EMOTIONAL RESCUE (or why IORR, BAB and anything post-TATTOO YOU won't get deluxed). Maybe it was agreed that five LPs would be deluxed up, and in October, the fifth one will come out. Looking at the albums, critically their most creative and best LPs of the Atlantic/Atco/WEA/EMI/Rolling Stones Records era will have been reissued - 1971, 1972, 1973, 1978 and 1981.

Think there will be another CROSSFIRE HURRICANE next year?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 24, 2021 12:11

TheGreek
Big Al
georgelicks

Why do you only mention Ronnie? Everyone talked about the new album Mick and Keith definitely, I'm not sure if Charlie did it too.

Date: August 24, 2021 12:42

Testify
TheGreek
Big Al
georgelicks

Why do you only mention Ronnie? Everyone talked about the new album Mick and Keith definitely, I'm not sure if Charlie did it too.

He did! I'm paraphrasing here, but he said he was done with his work, and that he was surprised it wasn't out yet.

Date: August 24, 2021 13:30

treaclefingers
TheGreek
Big Al
georgelicks

Mick also said one more album. He's pretty clear-eyed, I'd hold out hope for something for 2022 and the 60th.
From your lips to Gods ears as I would welcome a brand spanking new album to coincide with the 60th anniversary smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2021 13:35

Testify
TheGreek
Big Al
georgelicks

Keith has been saying it so long that It just smacked of crying wolf and fool me once and so on . Where Ronnie seems to be the messenger for the Twins and I would assume he is being directed by Mick to get the "word"out . Just my take .

Date: August 24, 2021 17:33

Taylor1
For at least a quarter of a century Mick has barely collaborated with Keith in creating new music. it’s like the Beatles White Album, a collection of solo songs by Mick and Keith with the band backing them up on the recordings. Mick collaboration has been more with Matt Clifford and Dave Stewart than Keith .

"White" album is possibly the greatest album of all time (to me, anyway) so that worked out pretty well! But the Mick/Keith collaboration is definitely missed, and some might say its the reason we never had another Beggar's-to-Exile like album.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 17:55

Bridges to Babylon was a terrific album too

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 24, 2021 18:45

Taylor1

I remember a quote from Keith from some years ago where he said that 'the well was dried up' or something like that in reference to his songwriting abilities. His last solo effort was mostly recorded years before actual release as well.

Mathijs

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:14

From 2015:

Mick: I think it was planned years ago when we had a release schedule. The record company put together this sequence of release that we're doing, so that's fine... I looked very hard, but I didn't find any (unreleased songs)... (I)n the Exile period, we used quite a few tracks that were recorded in the Sticky Fingers sessions. When we re-released Exile on Main Street, we found others that were not released and we put them on the new package, which was a bit stupid, really. I should've really kept some back, but I didn't really think about it at the time. There was nothing that was unreleased left, unfortunately. I think that's really the truth of the story.

Don Was: Unlike the other two that we worked on, Exile on Main Street and Some Girls, the actual outtake stockpile for Sticky Fingers is pretty much depleted. The stuff that didn't go on Sticky Fingers went on Exile on Main Street... There just wasn't enough stuff that no one had heard before.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Not that that is definitive - we did get BLUE AND LONESOME - but it reads that UMG indeed had a certain number of reissues with deluxe treatment in mind. If you believe the quotes above, seems a bit pointless that they deluxed up SF.

We know there are loads of leftovers from IORR, BAB, SG, ER, U, DW and VL that could suit the 'deluxe' aspect. The SOME GIRLS deluxe was very disappointing in regard to what was left off. The LPs that demanded to be deluxed are done after TY comes out. As much as anyone here would love to hear whatever from IORR-whatever, it ain't gonna happen unless there's a kind of anthology, which ain't gonna happen because they missed the boat, ocean and planet for that.

Date: August 24, 2021 19:26

Taylor1
Bridges to Babylon was a terrific album too

I like it ... but if you're implying it ranks up there w/ the likes of Beggar's-to-Exile, sorry, there we part ways.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:27

All this chitter chatter, chitter chatter about smatter smatter smatter.

Does it matter?

Date: August 24, 2021 20:28

Four Stone Walls
All this chitter chatter, chitter chatter about smatter smatter smatter.

Does it matter?

yeah...not much matters now.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: August 26, 2021 22:41

I noticed on amazon that "Waiting on a Friend" is not listed in the tracks for the Vinyl reissue.

Is this a mistake?

(apologies if this was covered on an earlier page in this thread)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 26, 2021 22:52

JimmyTheSaint

I noticed on amazon that "Waiting on a Friend" is not listed in the tracks for the Vinyl reissue.

It's there - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home