Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 61
Re: "new" bonus tracks on Tattoo You Deluxe question
Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:26

awesome thank you for the detail on the bonus tracks !

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:27

too bad that nothing from the Black & Blue outtakes era made the final cut for this one

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:50

Could ”Come To The Ball” be a new title for ”Gangster’s Moll”?
If so, probably from the same sessions as ”Trouble’s A Coming”. Compass Point early 1979.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:54

Heard Living In The Heart a
million times on boooooooot but
so good ta hear the new Tattoooo
version ... so much ta hear it in all
Like any good Stones track it just keeps on giving ....

Thank You

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 22, 2021 15:05

erikjjf
If so, probably from the same sessions as ”Trouble’s A Coming”. Compass Point early 1979.

You know...that might be the case, with new Jagger lyrics...oh dear...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:07

Eleanor Rigby
erikjjf

You know...that might be the case, with new Jagger lyrics...oh dear...

I really hope it's a different song. I never liked Gangster's Moll...especially this boring version:
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 16:08 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:38

erikjjf

Could be, hopefully a country style version

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:40

Rockman

Thank You

thumbs up Hopefully everyone is listening with headphones, Ronnies licks blend in nicely, Keiths vocals are spirited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 16:46 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 22, 2021 16:57

Rockman

Thank You

Indeed. I was (mildly) bitching about it at my first review, but oh man.. Yes, no matter how generic it is and all that, but damn after having a chance to play it LOUD through my speakers (sorry neighbours), it just confirmed once again why I happen to love this band so much. The hottest band on earth, and by a huge mile.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 17:01 by Doxa.

Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 22, 2021 17:36

DandelionPowderman
Dorn
....but 26.6. most likely bec that show was al least professionally filmed ...

1) All shows were recorded. 2) TY deluxe Wembley is audio only.

1) that would be news to me
2) yes, but audio might still be from that same source

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2021 17:47

Doxa
Rockman

Thank You

Indeed. I was (mildly) bitching about it at my first review, but oh man.. Yes, no matter how generic it is and all that, but damn after having a chance to play it LOUD through my speakers (sorry neighbours), it just confirmed once again why I happen to love this band so much. The hottest band on earth, and by a huge mile.

- Doxa

The song writing is average but the performance is stellar...I've yet to crank it but look forward to the day when the family is not in the house!

Date: August 22, 2021 18:01

Dorn
DandelionPowderman
Dorn

Regarding 1): It's an assumption on my part, though, as all the 1981-shows were recorded on the soundboard.

2) Indeed, but we don't have the info to assume it's most likely.

Date: August 22, 2021 18:27

Doxa
Rockman

Thank You

- Doxa

Doxa and Rockman... you're so right!!!!
C'mon boys...PLAY IT LOUD!!! IT'S THE STONES MAN!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:24

Ronnie's solo overdub on Living In The Heart Of Love come blasting out of nowhere and is an unnecessary addition imo - 47 years after the fact.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:11

Hairball
Ronnie's solo overdub on Living In The Heart Of Love come blasting out of nowhere and is an unnecessary addition imo - 47 years after the fact.

I agree. His slide part is tasteful and it would have been better building off that.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:20

DandelionPowderman
Dorn
DandelionPowderman
Dorn

Regarding 1): It's an assumption on my part, though, as all the 1981-shows were recorded on the soundboard.

I'm pretty sure they will give us a fully mixed concert from the multitracks and not a soundboard sourced show. I am really looking forward to hear it

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:21

I miss the howling guitar in the beginning, I like the prominence of the piano in the middle, kinda like ronnie's solo also even though it's clearly an add on (to the ear of whom is familiar of the bootlegged version). over all I agree with who says the track is average stones in terms of inspiration but uplifting and energetic in the performance. imo criss cross from GHS reissue, that is comparable in every respect, wins hands down. still it is refreshing to hear a good ole stones track like this finally officially released

it sounds good, in short spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:23

dcarey
too bad that nothing from the Black & Blue outtakes era made the final cut for this one

They recorded 'Shame Shame Shame' during the Black & Blue sessions, so its quite possible the soon to be released version is from that period.

Plus, we dont know where 'Come to the Ball' is from as no song of that name has ever been documented.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:33

Gazza
dcarey

They recorded 'Shame Shame Shame' during the Black & Blue sessions, so its quite possible the soon to be released version is from that period.

Plus, we dont know where 'Come to the Ball' is from as no song of that name has ever been documented.

It would be a big surprise when Shame Shame Shame turns out to be the 1975 Shirley & Company cover and not the 1977 Jimmy Reed cover.

Come To The Ball might be Come On Sugar/Let's Do It Right. But I really hope that it's not and that they save the B&B leftovers for a Black And Blue deluxe.

N

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:56

NeddieFlanders
Gazza
dcarey

It would be a big surprise when Shame Shame Shame turns out to be the 1975 Shirley & Company cover and not the 1977 Jimmy Reed cover.

Come To The Ball might be Come On Sugar/Let's Do It Right. But I really hope that it's not and that they save the B&B leftovers for a Black And Blue deluxe.

N

Yes, I think the initial announcement mentioned it as a Jimmy Reed cover, so its probably that one.

Doubt theres enough material or interest to justify an expanded Black & Blue release, to be honest.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 22, 2021 23:19

I doubted, and still do, there is enough material to justify an expanded Tattoo You, so theres that.

jb

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 22, 2021 23:25

So this year we get:
The Fully Finished Studio Outtakes leak, 50 tracks!
EAZY SLEAZY - Mick Jagger with Dave Grohl
A Bigger Bang – Live on Copacabana Beach + Salt Lake City
Tattoo You 2021, with 9 rarities
The No Filter Tour in the fall

No new album yet, but we're kept busy

Re: Living in the heart of love.
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:35

Testify
dennycranium
While it's interesting to hear these tracks "finished," there's a reason these tracks don't make it to albums on its initial release.

They just aren't that good as Stones songs.
For other artists they may be standout tracks.

I've played it several times and it just hasn't grabbed me.

Fiji Jim should have been the first track released, IMO.
This is not entirely true, when you have an album project in mind you try to include the material that is as uniform as possible, this also has a lot to do with the release period and consequently with the fashions.
This led to the exclusion from the various albums, even songs higher than those included or different versions, in order to obtain a coherent album in the end.

Right on.

Living In The Heart Of Love does not fit the vibe of TATTOO YOU. Maybe it was or considered for overdubs in Paris and NYC in 1980/81. In comparison to how the vibe and sound is on TY, it doesn't fit at all.

Obviously the rest of the tracks will be telling in regard to 'could they've fit?' based on what is TY as we know it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:47

Scarlett certainly doesn't fit in with GHS, but for some mysterious reason they decided to plop it on there for the anniversary edition.
They should have compiled and released an album of these outtakes as an album of outtakes vs. trying to fit them in to something where they obviously don't fit.
That's why the 50 finished outtakes, etc. boot was so nice...there was no rhyme or reason...just a bunch of outtakes, oddities, etc. that spanned many years.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:57

Hairball
Scarlett certainly doesn't fit in with GHS, but for some mysterious reason they decided to plop it on there for the anniversary edition.
They should have compiled and released an album of these outtakes as an album of outtakes vs. trying to fit them in to something where they obviously don't fit.
That's why the 50 finished outtakes, etc. boot was so nice...there was no rhyme or reason...just a bunch of outtakes, oddities, etc. that spanned many years.

Tallahassee Lassie and We Had It All are not from SOME GIRLS yet... there they are on the SG Deluxe.

For so many albums the Stones used previous LP sessions tracks repeatedly or recorded new versions of them. Other bands/artists have done the same.

But to release some special deluxe version of an album and include tracks on it that are post-that LP?

Some have argued it's in the same time line. I get that but that's stretching A LOT. And it has zero accuracy in regard to the context.

It's too bad Misty Roads wasn't finished for the TY40 yet alone SGDeluxe. At least we get Fiji Jim.

Date: August 23, 2021 09:00

GasLightStreet
Hairball

Tallahassee Lassie and We Had It All are not from SOME GIRLS yet... there they are on the SG Deluxe.

For so many albums the Stones used previous LP sessions tracks repeatedly or recorded new versions of them. Other bands/artists have done the same.

But to release some special deluxe version of an album and include tracks on it that are post-that LP?

Some have argued it's in the same time line. I get that but that's stretching A LOT. And it has zero accuracy in regard to the context.

It's too bad Misty Roads wasn't finished for the TY40 yet alone SGDeluxe. At least we get Fiji Jim.

Misty Roads, What's the Matter, I need you, Not the way to go...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 23, 2021 13:22

DandelionPowderman
Dorn
DandelionPowderman
Dorn

I am going to buy the Deluxe version as it has the remastered album , then the 9 bonus track disc and the last 2 disc the Wembley show . I wish they gave us Wembley on DVD , that would have been the ultimate for me as I love DVD's and seeing the show in addition to hearing it .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 23, 2021 13:34

Topi
TheGreek

then the 2 discs with the Wembley show which says it's the Still Life show which I thought was taken from multiple shows which is fine as well

That they now call the Wembley show "Still Life", too, is a bit misleading. Still Life was never a tour name. It was the name of a live album, compiled from shows on the 1981 US Tour and released in 1982.

So yes, Still Life did indeed contain tracks from multiple shows. None of which was Wembley 1982. No single show has been called "The Still Life show". Leeds was "Live in Leeds", Hampton was "Hampton Coliseum 1981"

The 1982 tour was simply called The Rolling Stones European Tour 1982.
Thank You for the info .

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 14:01

That's right! The Rolling Stones European Tour 1982 presented by TDK! Greetings

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home