Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 61
Re: Living in the heart of love.
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 21, 2021 16:14

Testify
dennycranium
While it's interesting to hear these tracks "finished," there's a reason these tracks don't make it to albums on its initial release.

They just aren't that good as Stones songs.
For other artists they may be standout tracks.

I've played it several times and it just hasn't grabbed me.

Fiji Jim should have been the first track released, IMO.
This is not entirely true, when you have an album project in mind you try to include the material that is as uniform as possible, this also has a lot to do with the release period and consequently with the fashions.
This led to the exclusion from the various albums, even songs higher than those included or different versions, in order to obtain a coherent album in the end.

Living in the Heart of Love is a fantastic performance of a very average song. The Stones and especially Mick are just able to milk the most out of the most inane material.

They have great song writing abilities but this song isn't evidence of that, but evidence of what an amazing performing act they are and have always been.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 21, 2021 16:44

treaclefingers
Living in the Heart of Love is a fantastic performance of a very average song. The Stones and especially Mick are just able to milk the most out of the most inane material.

They have great song writing abilities but this song isn't evidence of that, but evidence of what an amazing performing act they are and have always been.

Absolutely agree. Same can be said for many of their songs from the 70s.

"Living In The Heart Of Love" - I like, despite it's flows, but what bugs me is "Drift Away" - because of the lyrics. I just hate when singers singing about "singing in a rock'n roll band" or "get lost in rock'n roll", it makes the whole thing unlistenable for me, and I turn it off. Then again, I'm insane.

The only reason I can listen to "If You Can't Rock Me" is because I only focus on the guitars (live 1975). "The band's on stage and it's one of those nights...." .....please go away

Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 21, 2021 17:01

slewan
schwonek
Will it be June 25 or 26 1982?

if the running order is correct it is June 26 – Chantilly Lace was the 10th song on June 26 but the 8th song on June 25 (at least according to setlist.fm)

set lists were identical both days .....

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: August 21, 2021 17:06

I have no issue with lyrics about R&R, there are many more boring subjects out there, It's fine with easy, feel good themes.
Living in the heart of love? Reminds me of Luxury. Gimme some dreams to remember improvised lyrics and Keiths one note guitar support on the chorus!!

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 21, 2021 17:10

....but 26.6. most likely bec that show was al least professionally filmed ...

Date: August 21, 2021 17:28

Dorn
....but 26.6. most likely bec that show was al least professionally filmed ...

All shows were recorded. TY deluxe Wembley is audio only.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 21, 2021 17:33

I wonder though if the cock-up version of She's So Cold made it to the record?

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 21, 2021 18:03

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

"Living In The Heart Of Love" - I like, despite it's flows, but what bugs me is "Drift Away" - because of the lyrics. I just hate when singers singing about "singing in a rock'n roll band" or "get lost in rock'n roll", it makes the whole thing unlistenable for me, and I turn it off. Then again, I'm insane.

The only reason I can listen to "If You Can't Rock Me" is because I only focus on the guitars (live 1975). "The band's on stage and it's one of those nights...." .....please go away

You’re insay-yay-yane if you don’t like It’s Only Rock N Roll!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 21, 2021 18:13

TravelinMan
You’re insay-yay-yane if you don’t like It’s Only Rock N Roll!!

Oh I do like that one, but it's a bit different, it's not just the words "rock'n roll" I dislike, it has to do with it's context. "IORR" , it's has a perspective from somewhere else/the future of the singer, while Drift Away / IYCRM / Miss You (live 89/90) , they're like the singer showing he's cards right in front of you.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 19:19

No Taylor but Wood is always a disappointment.

Testify
Taylor1
Why is Wood putting overdubs on songs that were made when he wasn’t in the band and not Keith?
I guess the reason is ... those songs weren't finished and they wanted to finish them today and today there is no Taylor but Wood.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 21, 2021 19:25

powerage78
[/quote]

I think he did great overdubbing on "Living..." his bit of soling is good, compact, and it blends perfectly into MT's own solo.
Mind you, these days Mick can only rely on one guitarist so you might as well start to enjoy Ron's playing... winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 19:40

???

I thought reading this board and the latest concert reviews that Keith was better than ever, always on fire, I don't understand!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 19:40 by powerage78.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 21:51

dcba
powerage78

I think he did great overdubbing on "Living..." his bit of soling is good, compact, and it blends perfectly into MT's own solo.
Mind you, these days Mick can only rely on one guitarist so you might as well start to enjoy Ron's playing... winking smiley[/quote]It is good, but whydidn’t Jagger allow them to do this on stage for more than 1or 2 songs on the 50 and Counting Tours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 21:53 by Taylor1.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 22:54

slewan
UrbanSteel
snoopy2
anyone in U.S. have experience ordering from jpg.de ? seems to have best prices but mid range reviews

Try Amazon It or Amazon France, cheaper.

patience, folks, patience… the prices will be dropping

While I appreciate y'all's answers, I'll try my original question again:

Anyone in the U.S. have experience ordering from jpg.de?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 21, 2021 23:35

skytrench
I have no issue with lyrics about R&R, there are many more boring subjects out there, It's fine with easy, feel good themes.
Living in the heart of love? Reminds me of Luxury. Gimme some dreams to remember improvised lyrics and Keiths one note guitar support on the chorus!!

definitively a luxury' spin off
or the other way around

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 21, 2021 23:39

I never cared much for Luxury but I can see why they would have picked it over LITHOL for IORR as it adds a different "color" to the album. On the other hand LITHOL is "perfect" in this day and age as it's just the "classic" Stones sound, something they couldn't do on a new album...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:25

Yes, certainly the "classic" Stones sound on LITHOL. Unique grooves locked in time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2021 01:46

Yeah Livin In the Heart .....
so much ta hear ..., that mesh
of noise only the Stones can do .....something new every listen

Cant wait ta hear Troubles A Comin
with that deep down filthy grind ....
Imagine if it had been released in early
2020 before that guy bit into a bat sandwich in Wuhan .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 02:43

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers

I totally agree!

'Drift Away' isn't enjoyable because of the lyrics and the whole vibe. Don't know. Boring track, corny lyrics, lousy chorus. thumbs down

Date: August 22, 2021 02:50

Lets all chip in a get erik a copy of
Queen ....... We Will... We Will Rock You

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:21

Rockman
Lets all chip in a get erik a copy of
Queen ....... We Will... We Will Rock You

I think Rock You Like A Hurricane would be better.

HERE I AM!

Date: August 22, 2021 03:39

I could slip around to
the local womens weight
lifting club and get a copy of ....

Joan Jett And The Blackhearts: “I Love Rock’n’Roll”

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:13

Testify
Four Stone Walls
yearsinthemaking
I'm just happy they decided to release a different live show instead of how they repacked the same Brussels show for GHS. Makes me think when they get around to IORR they might put a different '75 tour show!!!!

Yes it does.

But that's s not the point.

It has nothing, zilch, sod all, to do with Tattoo you.

It had to do with It's Rock-'n'-Roll

As, Living in a harder love.

This ' reissue' is a con.

Can they throw any tit-bits to their followers and expect them to to gobble them up?

It seems so.

And Scarlet had nothing to do with GHS

Artistic

Integrity

Lack of.

And the last new album was?

Get Real.
TY unlike other albums was conceived in a large space of time, many official TY songs date back years, we can say that TY is a collection of old and new songs when it came out. So no, it's not a scam.

No new songs on TY. All songs recorded between 1972-1979. Unlike previous albums, it consisted of all leftovers.

What Four Stone Walls chooses to not understand, out of pure arrogance, is that NO ONE KNOWS if Kimsey/Jagger considered leftover songs from the IORR sessions prior to or during overdubbing vocals etc in Paris. Given the time line of tracks from TY, it's only makes sense that leftovers from IORR were considered, and in this 40th anniversary edition, the obviously were.

Four Stone Walls' opinion has a familiar 'it's not a new LP' tone of some previous posters that baselessly argued such points as to what constitutes a "new album".

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:54

GasLightStreet
Four Stone Walls' opinion has a familiar 'it's not a new LP' tone of some previous posters that baselessly argued such points as to what constitutes a "new album".

I agree with you completely. Tattoo You May consist of songs worked on during earlier sessions, but the released was clearly marketed as a new studio album. I’ve never viewed it as merely a collection of outtakes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 22, 2021 12:48

Yeah, the facts only really transpired in 1989 when they started promoting SW, not sure why really. Probably the usual "it's the first time since XYZ that we sat down together to write brand new material" (with the implication that it would have to be good) "take TY, it was old stuff from back to 1972, we were terrified someone would find out" (or something like that).

I remember the RS interview from when TY came out and there was a question about why there were no detailed credits and Mick said "I couldn't remember who played what but everyone got paid so that was fine".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 22, 2021 14:09

Taylor1
dcba
powerage78

Mind you, these days Mick can only rely on one guitarist so you might as well start to enjoy Ron's playing... winking smiley
It is good, but whydidn’t Jagger allow them to do this on stage for more than 1or 2 songs on the 50 and Counting Tours[/quote]
After almost 50 years, does it still need to be said that Taylor is no longer part of the RS?
In those concerts, we have repeated it dozens of times, Taylor and Bill were called to join the band for a couple of songs, as they were celebrating their 50th anniversary.
Does this mean that they are still part of the band?
No, it means they joined as guests on that tour. That's all.
The official bassist today is Darryl Jones, while the official guitarist since 75 is Wood.

"new" bonus tracks on Tattoo You Deluxe question
Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: August 21, 2021 23:26

After reading thru several pages on the topic, I take it these are the "new" bonus tracks on the upcoming Tattoo You Deluxe release:

Living In The Heart Of Love
Fiji Jim
Troubles A’ Comin
Shame Shame Shame
Drift Away
It’s A Lie
Come To The Ball
Fast Talking Slow Walking
Start Me Up (Early Version)

Does anyone have any background on when and where these were originally recorded ?

Re: "new" bonus tracks on Tattoo You Deluxe question
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:26

Can't wait to hear Drift Away, one of my favourite Stones covers. Could have been on Only R'n'R album but Ain't Too Proud To Beg was put on instead. Had the bootleg version for years so it'll be interesting to see what they did, hopefully Mick didn't re-record the vocals.

Posted by: automaticchanger ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:39

off the top of my head, excuse any mistakes:

Living In The Heart Of Love - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
Fiji Jim - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977
Troubles A’ Comin - Compass Point, Nassau, early 1979
Shame Shame Shame - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977
Drift Away - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
It’s A Lie - Pathe Marconi, Paris, 1979
Come To The Ball
Fast Talking Slow Walking - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
Start Me Up (Early Version) - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 22, 2021 01:08

automaticchanger
off the top of my head, excuse any mistakes:

Living In The Heart Of Love - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
Fiji Jim - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977
Troubles A’ Comin - Compass Point, Nassau, early 1979
Shame Shame Shame - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977
Drift Away - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
It’s A Lie - Pathe Marconi, Paris, 1979
Come To The Ball
Fast Talking Slow Walking - Musicland, Munich, Feb 1974
Start Me Up (Early Version) - Pathe Marconi, Paris, late 1977

Thanks for the list.

I was under the impression that Fast Talkin was a Goats Head Soup outtake?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home