Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 19, 2021 22:31

I liked the released song and I didn't remember the "original" version.
Most of those songs weren't finished or in any case they weren't finished for the Rolling Stones and if a painter has a painting that he never finished, it's not so strange that even after years he can finish it.
For the pure and hard there is always the bootleg, but it would make no sense to publish today a song that they have not finished without finishing it.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 22:44

I think I'll pre-order the Super Deluxe from iTunes

$19.99 for all 46 tracks, take my money

This way, at 12:00AM on the 22nd I'll be rockin!!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:02

Ok guys, here are the words to Living In The Heart Of Love, tell me what words I missheard. There shouldn't be many.

Living in the heart of love,

Friends don't laugh,
My friends dont cheat,
Say I might get all kinds of diseases,

I may suffer,
Ooh I sigh,
cause I never get to sleep at night,

living is the power of love,
loving is the power to live,

I’m trying so hard to be your baby,
I’m trying so hard to be your lover,
I’m trying so hard to be your baby,
I’m trying so hard,
living, yeah! living yeah!
living is a part of love,
living without a love,

You can keep your gold,
and keep your treasure,
I was only born just to give you pleasure,
loving is a living,
much more funny,
your wasting your time, boy,
balling up your money,
I’ve got the patience of Job, little girl,
I ain’t waiting for the sky to fall,
I play it dirty, I play it clean,
i've been down, i've been mean,
oh yeah!,

I'm working so hard,
to be your baby,
I'm working so hard,
to be your lover,
I'm working so hard,
to be your baby,
I work so hard!,
yeah!, I work so hard!,

1st Interlude,
Uh hu,

living is life enough,
living, living, yeah!,
living, oh!, living, yeah!,

Ronnie Interlude

living, yeah!
living, yeah!
living, is the power of love,
loving, is the power to live,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 23:03 by frtylicks.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:10

HiRes 24bit/44.1kHz - [www.Qobuz.com] - US$32.49 / £28.99 / €29.99 .

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:18

Which bonus tracks are on the Japanese version?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:22

Mabru

Which bonus tracks are on the Japanese version?

None - [iorr.org] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - "Miniature replica of the Japanese pamphlet for the 1983 film 'Let's Spend the Night Together'."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 23:30 by Irix.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:50

That new song adds up to nothing. Like one of the forgettable bonus tracks. Hope there's better ones.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:10

The new officially released "Living In The Heart Of Love" - I think it's great! Everything I liked in the original bootleg, not the Fully Finished version.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:35

Well, what a con.

More traços that had nothing to do with 1980 or 1981.
The 'running out of ideas' period.

Why not to have done something genuine and done a release with all '72 to '75 out-takes

And another one for the '77-79 out-takes.

Because using the Tattoo You Monika/label/umbrella will make them lots of money.

Where is their artistic integrity? (Rhetorical question - they no longer have any).

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:42

Dirty Work got a mention earlier in this thread.

A far more genuine and authentic eighties' Stones than Tattoo You.

With real potential for an expanded/ extended version.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 00:56

treaclefingers
werther2003
Stone601

Ordered the vinyl box. € 115 with shipping is a good price .... since I live in Italy winking smiley

For all German (& European) collectors:
5LP Box & postage to Germany: Totale ordine: 117,09 €
Cheaper than ordering in Germany (134,95 €/jpc.de)

Mine came to 128 and change Euros, all in. I couldn't justify the additional 90 euros for the live disks. I'll wait to see if I can get it at a bargain price later. Worked for me for all the other releases...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Are you waiting for the price drop on the LP's, or are you saying you couldn't justify splurging for the CD's'?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:38

CamRS
It looks like Come to the Ball is the only song we don’t know anything about.

If I had to guess, I could see it being an updated version of Dancing Girls/Brown Leaves with brand new vocals. The whole “dancing” theme in parts of the lyrics could line up thematically to the title. It kind of like how the Stones took the “all the rage” line from the You Should Have Seen Her Ass book and expanded on that for All the Rage for the GHS re-release.

I don’t know, maybe it’s a reach?

Interesting, I can't hear "come to the ball" in "Dancing Girls" but then it's hard to understand much of what MJ sings. I must have spent hours listening to the first version that surfaced on "Lonely at the Top" and that was incorrectly titled "Linda Lu".

I see the GHS version is supposed to be on "The Real Alternate Album - Goats Head Soup " [www.dbboots.com] - I seem to have missed that one although I wouldn't be surprised if it was the slow instrumental version that first appeared on "Could You Walk On The Water"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:40

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
werther2003
Stone601

Ordered the vinyl box. € 115 with shipping is a good price .... since I live in Italy winking smiley

For all German (& European) collectors:
5LP Box & postage to Germany: Totale ordine: 117,09 €
Cheaper than ordering in Germany (134,95 €/jpc.de)

Mine came to 128 and change Euros, all in. I couldn't justify the additional 90 euros for the live disks. I'll wait to see if I can get it at a bargain price later. Worked for me for all the other releases...I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Are you waiting for the price drop on the LP's, or are you saying you couldn't justify splurging for the CD's'?

Both. I can always get the music via download. I'm a collector and 'value purchaser'. These box sets tend to go on sale 6-18 months after their release.

I bought both Keith Boxsets for around $40. Rock'n'Roll Circus vinyl for $22. GRRR! superdeluxe for $45, GHS Superdeluxe vinyl and Let It Bleed Boxset for around $70 each. I think Exile Boxset for $60.

Same for the various other expanded sets and the complete sets for the 60's in Mono and Stereo and for the two other 71-2005 and 2016 sets.

I hate buying something and seeing it on sale 6 months later at a 75 or 80% discount.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:31

Here to eat my words, fell for the double clear vinyl edition from the RS store.

I seem to be no longer the master of my domain, as it were.

Now I just gotta sweat the delivery from the notorious (but always came through for me) store.

jb

Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:39

I'm just happy they decided to release a different live show instead of how they repacked the same Brussels show for GHS. Makes me think when they get around to IORR they might put a different '75 tour show!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:51

Drift Away...never liked the Stones version...pales in comparison to Dobie Gray's hit version.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:03

Besides the live show and unreleased tracks has the actual album been remastered by Giles Martin or something? I thought the original sounded great (at least the Virgin remaster I already have)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:04

Hairball
Drift Away...never liked the Stones version...pales in comparison to Dobie Gray's hit version.
It is funny because I was thinking that if "Drift Away" was promoted the right way it could be a hit which goes against your view. That is ok. My rational is that lot of people are familiar with the song and they would be surprised that the Stones covered it. Just a thought.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:06

treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Ok...sorry if this question has been asked but...says 2021 remaster. We just had the 1/2 master releases...would this be the same?

The 2018 HalfSpeed-Master were done by Miles Showell while the 2021 Remaster were done by Stephen Marcussen - [www.Amazon.com] .

"Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new remastered edition of the chart topping, multiplatinum album. The 40th anniversary edition, remastered by Stephen Marcussen, includes such enduring favorites as 'Hang Fire', 'Waiting On A Friend' (showcasing jazz saxophone giant Sonny Rollins) and of course the opening track that's been a band signature ever since, 'Start Me Up'. Pressed on 180g black vinyl."

Thank you! Interesting to see what the difference will be.

It will be no different than the 2009 remaster - awful.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:08

Complete dud bonus tracksunless Come to the Ball is as good as You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

Date: August 20, 2021 03:13

rollmops
Hairball
It is funny because I was thinking that if "Drift Away" was promoted the right way it could be a hit which goes against your view. That is ok. My rational is that lot of people are familiar with the song and they would be surprised that the Stones covered it. Just a thought.
Rockandroll,
Mops

A hit? In this day and age?

The Stones version slogs along aimlessly, and most people that know Dobie's superior hit version wouldn't give a crap whether the Stones covered it or not.
There's a few Stones fanatics that like it, but doubt it would ever be a hit for them (probably why they never released it)- not back then and especially not now.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:27

Separately,Zipmouth Angel,Nellacote Instrumental, Blood Red Wine,Traveling Man, Hillaide Blues, Munich Reggaeand the Boz Scaggs track as a bonus set would be much better than this

Date: August 20, 2021 03:34

I like the single vinyl picture disc as a visual object (Mick side 1, Keith side 2), but the remastering seems unnecessary, and picture discs usually have an inferior sound quality to them.
Might just get the 2 cd set, but really...the bonus disc seems anticlimactic compared to what they could have put on there.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:39

hearing a sort of Faces-esque verse layering in the lithol one.

and I like it.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:54

rollmops
Hairball
Rockandroll,
Mops

I'm not a fan of the Stones doing covers (especially live)...but Drift Away is probably my favourite cover they've done :-)

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 20, 2021 04:08

Hairball
rollmops
Hairball
Rockandroll,
Mops

The Stones version slogs along aimlessly, and most people that know Dobie's superior hit version wouldn't give a crap whether the Stones covered it or not.
There's a few Stones fanatics that like it, but doubt it would ever be a hit for them (probably why they never released it)- not back then and especially not now.

I believe the reason the Stones didn’t include Drift Away in an album was because Dobie Gray’s version became a massive hit as they were recording their version. But if Uncle Kracker can release a lame cover of Drift Away and make it a hit in 2002, then I think it’s possible for another artist to achieve it today, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 05:11 by CamRS.

Posted by: exil ()
Date: August 20, 2021 04:11

Drift away has taylor on it doesnt.I wonder what they have done with that track.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 20, 2021 04:39

CamRS
Hairball
rollmops
Hairball
Rockandroll,
Mops

I believe the reason the Stones didn’t include Drift Away in an album was because Dobie Gray’s version was such a massive hit. But if Uncle Kracker can release a lame cover of Drift Away and make it a hit in 2002, then I think it’s possible for another artist to achieve it today, lol.

Rod Stewart also released a cover version around that time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 04:40 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 04:54

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Ok...sorry if this question has been asked but...says 2021 remaster. We just had the 1/2 master releases...would this be the same?

The 2018 HalfSpeed-Master were done by Miles Showell while the 2021 Remaster were done by Stephen Marcussen - [www.Amazon.com] .

"Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new remastered edition of the chart topping, multiplatinum album. The 40th anniversary edition, remastered by Stephen Marcussen, includes such enduring favorites as 'Hang Fire', 'Waiting On A Friend' (showcasing jazz saxophone giant Sonny Rollins) and of course the opening track that's been a band signature ever since, 'Start Me Up'. Pressed on 180g black vinyl."

Skippy.

You may be totally right. Unless, you're totally wrong.

But you don't have a clue nor do we until we listen to it.

Save the disparaging comments for October 15!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:16

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
Irix
treaclefingers

Skippy.

You may be totally right. Unless, you're totally wrong.

But you don't have a clue nor do we until we listen to it.

Save the disparaging comments for October 15!

Alright. I'll wait until October 22nd to tell you that he rurnt yet another remastering.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home