Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:15

Date: August 19, 2021 17:15

1CD - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

2CD - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

1LP - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

2LP - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

4CD+1LP - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

5LP - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.com]

Picture-LP - [iorr.org]

HiRes 24bit/44.1kHz - [www.Qobuz.com] - US$32.49 / £28.99 / €29.99 .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 23:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:23

Hmm yeah.. sounds mostly based on 'original' 1974 vocals, probably some (recent?) touch here and there, but pretty hard to say more strictly now (or who knows, ever...). I salute the decision. Ronnie seemed to have added his "Start Me Up"-like attack solo (especially live versions), which might point out more TATTOO YOU-like vibes. Funny how Taylor suddenly pops up and continues from Woody has left us with a totally different guitar style and sound...

But funny is also that after having listened the song for ages from bootlegs, and having liked it a lot, some of the magic and supposed quality disapppears when released officially. Like it suddenly sounds bare bones and is qualified against the rest of their catalogue... I recall the same thing happened a year ago with "Criss Cross" and earlier with some EXILE and SOME GIRLS extras. Well, now the tune sounds a pretty Stones-by-numbers song as a Stones tune ever can sound... Not that there is anything wrong with that - by being constituted from such familiar and no doubt great elements and it's bloody hell their own unique sound - but a part of me now understand why it didn't make, say, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL or some other album since then.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 17:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:25

maradona
IrelandCalling4
Diff in price for TY 2-CD set and the 4-CD is quite something. 2 CD 16.99; 4 CD (incl pic disc and 124 page book) 130.99!

That is 113 Euro extra for 2 extra CDs, picture disk and the book!

Definitely calls for the Super Deluxe Version on iTunes which is 17.99 € for a digital copy of the 4 discs (Album + Outtakes + Wembley show).

iTunes Super Deluxe

Would've been happier with a cheaper 4CD version without the picture disk. If I wanted vinyl I probably wouldn't be buying the CD set. Oh well...I'll still probably pony up for it.

Posted by: filoca ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:29

Date: August 19, 2021 17:30

Rolling Stones Introduce Deluxe ‘Tattoo You’ With Unreleased ‘Living In The Heart Of Love’ - [www.uDiscoverMusic.com] . Buy: [Shop.uDiscoverMusic.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 18:00 by Irix.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:33

The Wembley show is from the 26th. They didn't play Going to a go go or Twenty Flight Rock on the 25th...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:37

Why call this Wembley Show Still Life?
Do they want to erase the original?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:38

Doxa
Hmm yeah.. sounds mostly based on 'original' 1974 vocals, probably some (recent?) touch here and there, but pretty hard to say more strictly now (or who knows, ever...). I salute the decision. Ronnie seemed to have added his "Start Me Up"-like attack solo (especially live versions), which might point out more TATTOO YOU-like vibes. Funny how Taylor suddenly pops up and continues from Woody has left us with a totally different guitar style and sound...

But funny is also that after having listened the song for ages from bootlegs, and having liked it a lot, some of the magic and supposed quality disapppears when released officially. Like it suddenly sounds bare bones and is qualified against the rest of their catalogue... I recall the same thing happened a year ago with "Criss Cross" and earlier with some EXILE and SOME GIRLS extras. Well, now the tune sounds a pretty Stones-by-numbers song as a Stones tune ever can sound... Not that there is anything wrong with that - by being constituted from such familiar and no doubt great elements and it's bloody hell their own unique sound - but a part of me now understand why it didn't make, say, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL or some other album since then.

- Doxa

Hi Doxa!
It's probably a feeling due to the fact that we've already listened to it a hundred times before it was officially released!
I'm feeling the good ol' Stones vibes and this version is even better than what we've heard so far on the various bootlegs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 17:42 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:40

FYI - I found the 5 lp on the Italian Amazon for 132 american dollars with shipping. Jump on it before they fix the price

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:42

Doxa

- Doxa

Was about to post something similar. I remember how excited I was when I first heard it on the "Lonely at the Top" boot CD (great cover too) I got from a shady character in 1990 ! Now, well, yeah a bit boring and I had to go back to "Save Me/Criss Cross" to really "hear" the differences...Oh well, at least we have "Come to the Ball" to look forward to...assuming it's not "Munich Hilton" with lyrics ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:43

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of both Wembley shows.

Date: August 19, 2021 17:44

ebalm

FYI - I found the 5 lp on the Italian Amazon for 132 american dollars with shipping. Jump on it before they fix the price

4CD+PictureDisc+Book - [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.nl] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.ca] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

Box 5 LP + Book (5 LP) - [www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.nl] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.es] , [www.Amazon.ca] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 10:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:45

Topi
Yeah, maybe it's those KR background vocals that give it the "70s sound", but MJ vocals are newer.

Yeah. My initial reaction was that this is Mick channeling some sort of more mannish "Start Me Up" voice of his, and I felt some of the early/mid-70's brightness and shine in his voice had disappeared. But then I listened to the old version and didn't hear that much difference. But there is: some of his delivery there is much more guideline-like and even sloppy in pieces. Yeah, it is Keith's background that certainly gives it a rich '70's' sound - something the 'Fully Finished' version lacked.

But whatever it is, and has derived from who knows where, they've done a good job.

- Doxa

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:45

Jesus, how dumb am I? I thought it was expensive! I wanted to buy the Super deluxe CD box and bought the bloody vinyl in error!!!!

Can you cancel an order on the Rolling Stones Store at all?

Thanks

Rod

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:46

IrelandCalling4
Diff in price for TY 2-CD set and the 4-CD is quite something. 2 CD 16.99; 4 CD (incl pic disc and 124 page book) 130.99!

That is 113 Euro extra for 2 extra CDs, picture disk and the book!

Yes i agree. Im not a vinyl guy. I want to buy it but i cant justify paying 113euros for a copy of the wembley show.

I probably will so same as with Goats Head Soup and by the 2cd edition and download the Brussels show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:47

Irix
ebalm

[www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.com]

Thanks, just couldn't find it !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:48

Doxa
Topi
Yeah, maybe it's those KR background vocals that give it the "70s sound", but MJ vocals are newer.

Yeah. My initial reaction was that this is Mick channeling some sort of more mannish "Start Me Up" voice of his, and I felt some of the early/mid-70's brightness and shine in his voice had disappeared. But then I listened to the old version and didn't hear that much difference. But there is: some of his delivery there is much more guideline-like and even sloppy in pieces. Yeah, it is Keith's background that certainly gives it a rich '70's' sound - something the 'Fully Finished' version lacked.

But whatever it is, and has derived from who knows where, they've done a good job.

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:50

Friends all laugh
“My friend, go cheat”
Say I might get all kinds of disease

I may suffer
Ooh outta sight(?)
Long as I never get to sleep at night

Chorus

I’m trying so hard to be your baby
“ be your lover

Chorus

You can keep your gold
Keep your treasure
I was only born just to give your pleasure

Loving is a living
Much more fun
Wait till your time, boy
Balling up your money

I’ve got the patience of Job, little girl
I ain’t waiting for the sky to fall

I play it dirty
I play it clean
I’ll be there
Down on my knees

Working so hard …

Chorus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 20:53 by MelBelli.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:52

Doxa
Topi

- Doxa

I actually think they did a great job pulling a classic 1970's rock track into the more modern era. Jagger's vocals sound original to me, he sure can't shout and bark like that anymore, and I especially like Wood's slide guitar. Not too sure about Wood's solo though, might be mixed a little too high for my taste.

But much, much better than the Criss Cross track!

Mathijs

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:55

ebalm

I cannot for the life of me find this.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:55

Mathijs

But much, much better than the Criss Cross track!

Mathijs
thumbs up

Date: August 19, 2021 17:56

Irix
ebalm

[www.Amazon.it] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

thanks Irix!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 19, 2021 17:58

welshphil
The Wembley show is from the 26th. They didn't play Going to a go go or Twenty Flight Rock on the 25th...

Yes they did, both days had the same setlist. June 26 has the botched She's So Cold.

June 25 certainly is the better show.

Mathijs

Date: August 19, 2021 17:58

VoodooLounge13
Irix
ebalm

thanks Irix!

Actually is it just me, but this seems to be the CD Super Deluxe, not the 5 LP one....

Date: August 19, 2021 18:01

Date: August 19, 2021 18:02

VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
Irix
ebalm

thanks Irix!

Actually is it just me, but this seems to be the CD Super Deluxe, not the 5 LP one....

[www.amazon.it]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 19, 2021 18:03

The idea of making a song in 1974 (or whatever) and then adding elements and finishing it in 2021 is a bit mind-boggling to me. I'm thinking of a painter adding color and new touches to a 45 year old painting.
Are you really allowed to do that?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 19, 2021 18:07

Erik_Snow
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of both Wembley shows.

Could very well be, but in this case, I hope they left She's So Cold from June 26 in the can. That stuff is for bootlegs only!

Date: August 19, 2021 18:12

ebalm
VoodooLounge13
VoodooLounge13
Irix
ebalm

thanks Irix!

[www.amazon.it]

Thanks ebalm!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home