Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:15

Cristiano Radtke

My mind is blowing up right now.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:25

They knew.

Someone knew.

Why... the year... a mystery: a reissue of TATTOO YOU will bring great acclaim.

REALLY!!!??

It's the last album most people think of. It doesn't need any help.

But, ha haaaaaa... I will take bonus tracks of could be's.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: August 19, 2021 07:30

5 LP Boxset!! Release Date = 22nd October

[platenzaak.nl]

Wembley 1982 as the 3LP Live set

TRACKLISTING
Side A
Start Me Up – Remastered 2021
Hang Fire – Remastered 2021
Slave – Remastered 2021
Little T&A – Remastered 2021
Black Limousine – Remastered 2021
Neighbours – Remastered 2021

Side B
Worried About You – Remastered 2021
Tops – Remastered 2021
Heaven – Remastered 2021
No Use In Crying – Remastered 2021
Waiting On A Friend – Remastered 2021

Side C
Living In The Heart Of Love
Fiji Jim
Troubles A’ Comin
Shame Shame Shame
DriftAway

Side D
It’s A Lie
Come To The Ball
Fast Talking Slow Walking
Start Me Up (Early Version)

Side E
Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Shattered
Neighbours

Side F
Black Limousine
Just My Imagination (RunningAwayWith Me)
Twenty Flight Rock
Going To A Go Go

Side G
Chantilly Lace
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden

Side H
Let It Bleed
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Band Introductions
Little T&A

Side J
Tumbling Dice
She’s So Cold
Hang Fire
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women

Side K
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 07:39 by rcfoxy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 19, 2021 08:22

Wembley Stadium June 25th, now that's a good choice for an 81/82 concert to be released. One of the better shows for sure.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 19, 2021 08:35

Wembley 25/6/82 was my first show! Will that be out on a CD version?

Date: August 19, 2021 08:46

Since there will be 13 different versions, I'm fairly certain there will be a 4 or 5 CD set as well. The question is if there will be a CD/DVD release.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 19, 2021 08:55

Darn! I was hoping for Winterland 1972.

jb

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:03

Hopefully the Living In The Heart Of Love video will be something else than a young model hanging around town wearing a tongue shirt.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:07

Erik_Snow
Since there will be 13 different versions, I'm fairly certain there will be a 4 or 5 CD set as well. The question is if there will be a CD/DVD release.

The Leeds DVD was really bad and the only Stones DVD i havent finished from their official releases because of the camera angles. If they release Wembley as a DVD it will probably be just as bad as the Leeds dvd, camera angles wise.

Date: August 19, 2021 09:12

IsakSun
Erik_Snow

The Leeds DVD was really bad and the only Stones DVD i havent finished from their official releases because of the camera angles. If they release Wembley as a DVD it will probably be just as bad as the Leeds dvd, camera angles wise.

Probably. I'd rather listen to Leeds audio only, as well. Better than nothing though.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:14

The Leeds director sure liked those Wyman closeups!

Date: August 19, 2021 09:29

Topi
The Leeds director sure liked those Wyman closeups!

But he was the star of the show, and tour, after all; (Si Si) Je Suis un Rock Star

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 09:38 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 09:54

Erik_Snow
IsakSun
Erik_Snow

Probably. I'd rather listen to Leeds audio only, as well. Better than nothing though.

The Leeds video had to be way too close up in filming, since it was used for the tiny screens beside the stage for the crowd in the large fields to watch.
Don't know if they had those screens in Wembley too, but if yes, a (hopefully) video release of this show would have the same issues as Leeds.
I hope we get it anyway.

Date: August 19, 2021 09:59

falo01
Erik_Snow
IsakSun
Erik_Snow

The Leeds video had to be way too close up in filming, since it was used for the tiny screens beside the stage for the crowd in the large fields to watch.
Don't know if they had those screens in Wembley too, but if yes, a (hopefully) video release of this show would have the same issues as Leeds.
I hope we get it anyway.

Yes I hope so too, but based on the 2nd half of Wembley June 26th as well as Leeds, I doubt the first night in London will be differently filmed.

BTW, I haven't seen the date "June 25th" anywhere on that official release.....I just presume they pick that show, and not the "She's So Cold show"

Date: August 19, 2021 09:59

jbwelda
Darn! I was hoping for Winterland 1972.

jb

Did they play Start Me Up? winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2021 10:02

Erik_Snow
falo01
Erik_Snow
IsakSun
Erik_Snow

I hope we get it anyway.

Yes I hope so too, but based on the 2nd half of Wembley June 26th as well as Leeds, I doubt the first night in London will be differently filmed.

BTW, I haven't seen the date "June 25th" anywhere on that official release.....I just presume they pick that show, and not the "She's So Cold show"

The "she's so cold" show would be a lot of fun, but I guess it will be the 1st show too.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:16

Troubles A Comin ......

Cant wait ta hear it in good quality ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:32

I only hope that Wembley is mixed by Bob Clearmountain

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:46

Ronnie said he and Mick had been in London working on 9 tracks. 9 tracks it is…THIS is going to be expensive!!

Please, NO UBER RED Carnaby Street edition!!

Rod

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:46

There was a screen at Wembley in ‘82 but I only discovered this after the show smiling smiley
It was so small that I never noticed it. I was down the front mesmerised by Jagger who was running all over the place - disappearing and reappearing all evening like a rock and roll version of ‘Where’s Wally’. It was a great show too.

Date: August 19, 2021 10:50

bakersfield
There was a screen at Wembley in ‘82 but I only discovered this after the show smiling smiley
It was so small that I never noticed it. I was down the front mesmerised by Jagger who was running all over the place - disappearing and reappearing all evening like a rock and roll version of ‘Where’s Wally’. It was a great show too.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out so let's keep fingers crossed

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2021 10:51

Sonny Rollins about playing on TY :

"I’ve never seen you talk in much detail about when you played on a Rolling Stones album. How was trying to fit into their music?

Mick Jagger, I don’t think he understood what I was doing, and I didn’t understand what he was doing. My wife was the one that persuaded me to do that recording. I said: “Man, the Rolling Stones. I don’t want to do any record with the Rolling Stones.” I’d considered them — and it’s faulty — not on the level of jazz. But my wife said, “No, no, you must do it.” So I said, “OK, let me see if I can relate to what they are doing; let me see if I can make it sound as good as possible.”

Could you?

Not really. I know they’re a very popular rock band, but they were derivative of a lot of black bands, right? Isn’t that what they do?

Well, yeah.

Right. It might be wrong for me to feel that way because I do like a lot of white artists. I like the Beatles. Paul McCartney is a good tunesmith. But the Rolling Stones, I didn’t relate to them because I thought they were just derivative of black blues.
I do remember once I was in the supermarket up in Hudson, New York, and they were playing Top 40 records. I heard this song and thought, Who’s that guy? His playing struck a chord in me. Then I said, “Wait a minute, that’s me!” It was my playing on one of those Rolling Stones records"

[www.nytimes.com]

Mmmm... Now I understand what Keef meant when he said he felt scorned by jazz musicians.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:00

Tattoo You - 40th Anniversary Edition (remastered by Stephen Marcussen) - 22-Oct-2021:

1CD - [www.Amazon.com]

2CD - [www.Amazon.com]

1LP - [www.Amazon.com]

2LP - [www.Amazon.com]

4CD+1LP - [www.Amazon.com]

5LP - [www.Amazon.com]

"Tattoo You celebrates 40 years with the release of a brand new deluxe remastered edition. The 2CD includes the newly remastered album alongside Lost & Found, a brand new collection of nine previously unreleased songs from the period of the album's original release, newly completed and enhanced with additional vocals and guitar by the band. Among these, "Living In The Heart Of Love" is a quintessential Stones rock workout, complete with urgent guitar licks and fine piano detail."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 18:15 by Irix.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:15

Testify
KRiffhard
Rambler62
LIVING IN THE HEART OF LOVE!!!

Let's hope without new vocals!
Because ? Did the Rolling Stones change the singer? I am not aware of it.

Because we know both versions and the "new" one is much weaker

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:15

I decided to do a little segment on it due to the reissue (and it's 40th year). However I must state .. not 'all' the vocals on TY were overdubbed in 1980/1981 as was said here (backing vocals and some of Micks vocals were in the material initially unearthed by Chris Kimsey and some of that made it to the release):

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 11:16 by IanBillen.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:21

Chantilly Lace - well that"s good news!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:23

Any information of an extra japanese track?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 11:29 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:27

snarf2014
gotdablouse
We don't know for a fact that new vocals were done in 94 for LITHOL but there were indeed plans to have bonus tracks on the Virgin re-releases and it was said that 5/6 tracks were redone. We got "So Young" at the time and MJ mentioned Fiji Jim in an AOL chat. LITHOL could well be another one, intended as an IORR bonus at the time.

The outtake which was leaked earlier this year on Fully Finished Outtakes is the 1994 take with redone vocals, So we do know it exists. They are probably going to use this take with some touch ups done this year.

My point was that while we know that songs were redone in 1994 for the Virgin rereleases (courtesy of an off-the-cuff comment by French journalist Philippe Manoeuvre in R&F) we do not KNOW which songs were redone at that time apart from "So Young" and possibly "Fji Jim" as it was mentioned by MJ in an AOL chat around 94/95.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 19, 2021 11:29

Can we already start moaning about great outtakes ruined with new vocals and mastering? Can we already star moaning due to the fact they gave us songs that are known for ages from the bootlegs? winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2021 11:31

ironbelly
Can we already start moaning about great outtakes ruined with new vocals and mastering? Can we already star moaning due to the fact they gave us songs that are known for ages from the bootlegs? winking smiley

We have to Come To The Ball first... winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home