Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 15, 2021 13:39

It’s overall a great album. The only track I skip nowadays is Neighbours. I personally think it’s aged better than SOME GIRLS but I’m sure I’m in the minority with my opinion.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 15, 2021 14:14

Bashlets
It’s overall a great album. The only track I skip nowadays is Neighbours. I personally think it’s aged better than SOME GIRLS but I’m sure I’m in the minority with my opinion.

Possibly we are.

It's a more mature sounding album overall. Maybe the more mature we get, the better it sounds?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 15, 2021 14:59

promote the record on this tour...play SLAVE....lets go mfkrs!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 15, 2021 15:12

Bashlets

I agree with you - I prefer it to Some Girls. I particularly love Side Two (all of it)

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 15, 2021 16:11

shortfatfanny
slewan
mick64
will the box have a concert or it is not likely

they already released two shows from that tour (Hampton and Leeds)…

Who knows...they released five shows from the '94/'95 tour...

Full, unedited Tempe show would be a dream come true for me!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 15, 2021 16:50

franzk

Available on Wolfgang's Vault and DAC-141.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 15, 2021 16:51

They could have involved Chris Kimsey in this reissue.
He had done a great job at the time finding and discovering hidden gems...including Start Me Up.
I think he deserved it.

"I spent 3 months going through like the last 4, 5 albums finding stuff that had been either forgotten about or at the time rejected. And then I presented it to the band and I said "Hey, look guys, you've got all this great stuff sitting in the can and it's great material, do something with it" Chris Kimsey, 1982

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-15 16:55 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 15, 2021 17:17

Well maybe he was and we don't know yet ?
No info has filtered yet AFAIK apart from Ronnie's comment on Mick and him finishing 9 songs. Apparently we'll get the low down next week...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 15, 2021 17:33

wiredallnight
franzk

Available on Wolfgang's Vault and DAC-141.

I meant DVD/Blu-ray.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 15, 2021 18:13

KRiffhard
He had done a great job at the time finding and discovering hidden gems...including Start Me Up.
I think he deserved it.

"I spent 3 months going through like the last 4, 5 albums finding stuff that had been either forgotten about or at the time rejected. And then I presented it to the band and I said "Hey, look guys, you've got all this great stuff sitting in the can and it's great material, do something with it" Chris Kimsey, 1982

I seem to remember a list somewhere of the songs he presented. Or was it a partial list?

Date: August 15, 2021 18:36

gotdablouse
Well maybe he was and we don't know yet ?
No info has filtered yet AFAIK apart from Ronnie's comment on Mick and him finishing 9 songs. Apparently we'll get the low down next week...

on the 40th anniversary of the release, August 24?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 16, 2021 02:12

TravelinMan
KRiffhard
I think he deserved it.

I seem to remember a list somewhere of the songs he presented. Or was it a partial list?

I haven't been able to find anything. Based on things he's said, it seems plausible to that more songs than what made TATTOO YOU were worked on. Maybe it's the 9 songs Mick and Ronnie worked on recently.

Was it easier working in the ‘Tattoo You’ album, as most of the original tracks were already recorded?

Well, we didn’t record anything for ‘Tattoo You’.

[rollingstonesdata.com]

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 16, 2021 03:05

GasLightStreet
TravelinMan
KRiffhard
I think he deserved it.

I haven't been able to find anything. Based on things he's said, it seems plausible to that more songs than what made TATTOO YOU were worked on. Maybe it's the 9 songs Mick and Ronnie worked on recently.

Was it easier working in the ‘Tattoo You’ album, as most of the original tracks were already recorded?

Well, we didn’t record anything for ‘Tattoo You’.

[rollingstonesdata.com]

I remember reading an interview with Chris Kimsey and he recalled going through the vaults and selecting about 20 tracks for the Stones to choose from for Tattoo You. However, He mentioned in another interview the outtakes from the period You Win Again, We Had It All (Now both officially released on the Some Girls bonus disc.), Let's Go Steady (Again) and Munich Hilton. So it is likely some of his choices on the original list were used on the Some Girls bonus disc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 03:07 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 16, 2021 09:13

Drift Away
Fiji Jim
Munich Hilton
Not the way to go
Lonely at the top
I Need You
Cookin' Up (aka Stop That: [youtu.be])
Keep it cool
Chainsaw Rocker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 09:46 by KRiffhard.

Date: August 16, 2021 11:13

treaclefingers
Bashlets

Possibly we are.

It's a more mature sounding album overall. Maybe the more mature we get, the better it sounds?

Try As Tears Go By - ironically perhaps their most mature-sounding tune winking smiley

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 16, 2021 19:02

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
Bashlets

Possibly we are.

Try As Tears Go By - ironically perhaps their most mature-sounding tune winking smiley

IMHO AS Tears Go By sounds a bit twee.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 16, 2021 19:24

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
Bashlets

Possibly we are.

IMHO AS Tears Go By sounds a bit twee.

He just said that to prove he knows what the lyrics say

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 16, 2021 21:48

KRiffhard
Drift Away
Fiji Jim
Munich Hilton
Not the way to go
Lonely at the top
I Need You
Keep it cool
Chainsaw Rocker

The last 3 are from 1982.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: August 16, 2021 22:05

Title 5 wasn’t from the early 70s but they still put it in the Exile bonus disc.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 16, 2021 22:34

In theory TT deluxe could contain material from 2021. It should be wide open...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 16, 2021 22:38

KRiffhard
Drift Away
Fiji Jim
Munich Hilton
Not the way to go
Lonely at the top
I Need You
Keep it cool
Chainsaw Rocker

There should be enough 77/79 tracks on FFSO to avoid using tracks that could be used elsewhere...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 16, 2021 22:45

Maindefender

In theory TT deluxe could contain material from 2021.

"They are also planning to release another album of remastered 'basement tracks' never previously released from around the time of their Tattoo You 1981 release" - [www.DailyMail.co.uk] , [iorr.org] .

“Me and Mick have done nine new tracks for the [40th anniversary] re-release of [the Rolling Stones album] Tattoo You” - [www.TheTimes.co.uk] , [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 22:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 16, 2021 23:23

Irix
Maindefender

In theory TT deluxe could contain material from 2021.

"They are also planning to release another album of remastered 'basement tracks' never previously released from around the time of their Tattoo You 1981 release" - [www.DailyMail.co.uk] , [iorr.org] .

“Me and Mick have done nine new tracks for the [40th anniversary] re-release of [the Rolling Stones album] Tattoo You” - [www.TheTimes.co.uk] , [iorr.org] .

thumbs up

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: August 17, 2021 18:15

They need to release, 'Eliza Upchink' - the BEST unreleased track from the early 80's period.

Date: August 17, 2021 18:22

sbetz
They need to release, 'Eliza Upchink' - the BEST unreleased track from the early 80's period.

Recorded in 1982, though.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:07

[twitter.com]

"Tattoo Flash Sale" on 19th August? "Get ready to be re-inked"

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

Date: August 17, 2021 20:17

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

Just got it sent to my email inbox.

They are master marketers. August 19th. Strap in your seat belts!

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:20

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

That bottom right image with the scratched out copy looks like it says Trouble’s A Coming…that song was in the FFSO release from earlier in the year.

-Cam

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:25

CamRS
Nikkei
[twitter.com]

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

That bottom right image with the scratched out copy looks like it says Trouble’s A Coming…that song was in the FFSO release from earlier in the year.

-Cam
And the bottom left says living in the heart of love

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 17, 2021 20:26

CamRS
Nikkei
[twitter.com]

[rollingstones.lnk.to]

-Cam

And on the bottom left, near the heart, there you can read 'Living In The Heart Of Love', also included on ffso.

Left to the spider net: 'Come To ????'. And in the net, 4 letters C T T B. Whatever that means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 20:51 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home