Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 1, 2021 06:45

I don't care for Dirty Work, but Thief in the Night is one of the songs I come back to quite frequently, late at night, headphones.
Most of the things the rock press says about Keith Richards are just the legend; the fact that he came up with incredible songs like this that nobody knows about is amazing. It's like there is this other Keith standing right in front of us that the wider world doesn't see.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 1, 2021 07:02

wonderboy
I don't care for Dirty Work, but Thief in the Night is one of the songs I come back to quite frequently, late at night, headphones.
Most of the things the rock press says about Keith Richards are just the legend; the fact that he came up with incredible songs like this that nobody knows about is amazing. It's like there is this other Keith standing right in front of us that the wider world doesn't see.

good description!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 1, 2021 14:53

wonderboy

I myself just yesterday understood how amazingly great song is Keith's solo song Wicked As It Seems. Far better than any of the Jagger's solo stuff. I have always liked many songs on Talk Is Cheap, but somehow really haven't paid much attention to Main Offender songs previously. Now I think that WAIS is maybe the best solo song Keith has ever made or on TOP3 anyway. Keith has so much more emotion and sensitivity than Jagger has. But they have both their own strong sides and the unique combination of those is that what makes the Rolling Stones so great band.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 1, 2021 15:11

Thief in the night? Two chords and Keith mumbling "baby, baby" for five minutes. A real masterpiece, isn´t it. Gah!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 1, 2021 18:03

wonderboy

thumbs up +1

Date: August 1, 2021 18:11

Bjorn
Thief in the night? Two chords and Keith mumbling "baby, baby" for five minutes. A real masterpiece, isn´t it. Gah!

Get off my lawn!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 1, 2021 23:52

GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

I think I see why you chose to be "Gas light Street'; it's so you can gas light other contributors to this forum lol.

A while ago, having heard the term used on the media, I had to ask my grown up daughter what 'gas lighting' meant and apparently, in a nutshell, it is convincing other people that there is something wrong with them. Given your relentless presentation of opinions as facts there's a delicious irony in your IORR name.

I hope you will see the funny side smiling smiley

I get it. It is funny. Convenient but weak as @#$%.

It's not a name after the movie. It's not a name after the term you were given. Where I live, gas lights are real.

However, THIS is why I chose the name, since it appears you don't know why:

Can't you hear me knockin', ah, are you safe asleep?
Can't you hear me knockin', yeah, down the gas light street, now
Can't you hear me knockin', yeah, throw me down the keys
Alright now

Aaaargh, now you and 24FPS lost all your mystic aura for me! That's why I would never explain and reveal the secrets of my screen name. Never. NEVER EVER!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 23:53 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2021 00:36

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 2, 2021 01:54

Kind of remind you of a certain someone?

Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.Jul 13, 2018

My favorite obscure lyrical reference as a user name was one guy (I presume) used to call him/herself "Disarranging Mine". It took me quite a while to run across that reference in a song though I knew it sounded awfully familiar.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 01:56 by jbwelda.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2021 06:12

Bjorn

Obviously you haven't listened to the song.

Date: August 2, 2021 06:15

retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

I think I see why you chose to be "Gas light Street'; it's so you can gas light other contributors to this forum lol.

A while ago, having heard the term used on the media, I had to ask my grown up daughter what 'gas lighting' meant and apparently, in a nutshell, it is convincing other people that there is something wrong with them. Given your relentless presentation of opinions as facts there's a delicious irony in your IORR name.

It's not a name after the movie. It's not a name after the term you were given. Where I live, gas lights are real.

Alright now

Aaaargh, now you and 24FPS lost all your mystic aura for me! That's why I would never explain and reveal the secrets of my screen name. Never. NEVER EVER!

Well, mine was obvious, it seemed... except for those that are...

CLEARLY CHALLENEGED.

Date: August 2, 2021 06:17

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Stoneage
Imagine a Dirty Work deluxe reissue. Maybe 8 new tracks from the DW sessions. And a new cartoon. Wouldn't that be something? Or maybe not...

It was reissued - in 1987 as PRIMITIVE COOL, which, barely, has much better songs on it.

Other than Let's Work, and the horrific 80s production, I didn't mind Primitive Cool all that much. Stupid album cover, in the spirit of Dirty Work.

HA HA...

That apple fell close to the tree.

Date: August 2, 2021 06:20

jbwelda

Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it's always a serious problem, according to psychologists.Jul 13, 2018

My favorite obscure lyrical reference as a user name was one guy (I presume) used to call him/herself "Disarranging Mine". It took me quite a while to run across that reference in a song though I knew it sounded awfully familiar.

jb

I ain't no... @#$%^&* hell, what was it, so many absurd names about rollingstonesfifty or pumpikinlantern...

Nope. Nuh uh. Sheeeeeeit, no way.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 20:20

will the box have a concert or it is not likely

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 2, 2021 20:58

mick64

they already released two shows from that tour (Hampton and Leeds)…

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 2, 2021 22:53

slewan
mick64

they already released two shows from that tour (Hampton and Leeds)…

Who knows...they released five shows from the '94/'95 tour...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 2, 2021 23:32

retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

Alright now

Retired Dog? Who would care?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 3, 2021 00:31

GasLightStreet
jbwelda

jb

I ain't no... @#$%^&* hell, what was it, so many absurd names about rollingstonesfifty or pumpikinlantern...

You are obviously not the one I was referring to.

>CLEARLY CHALLENEGED.

make that "challenged"

jb

Date: August 3, 2021 00:48

24FPS
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

Alright now

Those who really care for quality, I would say.

Date: August 3, 2021 02:36

retired_dog
24FPS
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

Alright now

A ha! His Masters Voice!

Date: August 3, 2021 06:22

jbwelda
GasLightStreet
jbwelda

jb

You are obviously not the one I was referring to.

>CLEARLY CHALLENEGED.

make that "challenged"

jb

DAMMIT. I knew there was a reason all the rum was gone.

Date: August 3, 2021 06:51

jbwelda

jb

You better STOP, and look around!

Date: August 3, 2021 07:35

treaclefingers
jbwelda

jb

You better STOP, and look around!

After a (short) while, I realized...

Date: August 3, 2021 07:36

treaclefingers
retired_dog
24FPS
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

Alright now

A ha! His Masters Voice!

Pretty close, but not quite there...

Date: August 3, 2021 21:49

jbwelda
GasLightStreet
jbwelda

jb

You are obviously not the one I was referring to.jb

LOL I think I was making sure of it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 07:26

I gave TY a listen today and I’m not sure if it’s the mood I was in or what but for the first time ever I regarded it as a sort of break-up album. Does anyone else see it as something similar? Again it could just be because the Mrs and I are probably headed toward not being that anymore but I’ve never heard the songs in that way before. Worried About You, No Use in Crying, Waiting on a Friend.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 15, 2021 09:22

From Rolling Stones Data Facebook page: [www.facebook.com]

For all you looking forward to the new expanded release of TATTOO YOU, the chances are we'll have an official announcement in 5-6 days, also promoting the first single off the album (most likely an unreleased song) The extra disc with the unreleased stuff may feature some 9-10 songs. And there's still more. Stay tuned!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 10:05

retired_dog
24FPS
retired_dog
GasLightStreet
bakersfield
Dear Gas Light Street

Alright now

A swinging pig might…

Rod

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 15, 2021 11:45

spunky
From Rolling Stones Data Facebook page: [www.facebook.com]

For all you looking forward to the new expanded release of TATTOO YOU, the chances are we'll have an official announcement in 5-6 days, also promoting the first single off the album (most likely an unreleased song) The extra disc with the unreleased stuff may feature some 9-10 songs. And there's still more. Stay tuned!

Thanks Spunky smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 15, 2021 12:57

jbwelda

jb

That was on the UC list and I'm pretty sure it was adapted to "Disarranging MiMe", the guy is here BTW, under another user name, his actual name I think ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home