Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 22, 2021 12:49

24FPS
shortfatfanny
24FPS

I think most consider Undercover, and its followup, Dirty Work, to be the lowest point in their studio albums. There's one good song on Undercover, and maybe three on Dirty Work.

Eeer....what ???
You think so...but "most" ?
I think Undercover is a masterpiece...compared with Dirty Work.

It's not. It's the worst of the two. It's a shame the glorious Undercover of the Night has to be affiliated with such throwaway music. Dirty Work is only slightly better. Tell me what albums between 1963 and 1989 are worse Stones albums than those two pieces of drek.

Undercover is in my top three Stones albums. I just love it. It's exciting, raw, aggressive. It has great Jagger vocals and lyrics, great songs and great playing. Of course it sounds like 1983 and you have to listen through that, but it's great in every sense. It really was the last time the Stones were still the greatest RnR band of the world and released meaningful music.

Mathijs

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2021 12:50

slewan

Does anybody have any clue when the Tattoo You deluxe edition might be released?

Maybe in Fall 2021, in time for the Xmas shopping season? Announcement of the release maybe 24-Aug-2021?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 22, 2021 12:58

I checked and... well... yeah... both are in the key of F! grinning smiley

Indeed AAY has a much subtle chord progression than GM. But the Jagger tune has a great A#/Am movement in it.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 22, 2021 13:21

dcba
I really wonder what'll be on that TY reissue...

New material? The stuff that leaked on boots over the years was far from exciting : tracks from the rather prolific 79 sessions (Nassau/Paris) are pretty bland (the best of them was on ER) and in 1980 they did nothing new.

"Gangster's Moll" from Nassau is a good contender (and it has the same chords as "All About You"!) grinning smiley but that's about it.

Let's hope Uncle Micky has a few unbooted things in his cupboard.

Me too!!
Maybe "I need you", " Misty Roads", "Not the way to go", " Fiji Jim", "Keep it cool", " Stop that"...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2021 16:35

Mathijs
24FPS
shortfatfanny
24FPS

I think most consider Undercover, and its followup, Dirty Work, to be the lowest point in their studio albums. There's one good song on Undercover, and maybe three on Dirty Work.

Eeer....what ???

It's not. It's the worst of the two. It's a shame the glorious Undercover of the Night has to be affiliated with such throwaway music. Dirty Work is only slightly better. Tell me what albums between 1963 and 1989 are worse Stones albums than those two pieces of drek.

Undercover is in my top three Stones albums. I just love it.

Mathijs

Tie You Up! (The Pain Of Love)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 22, 2021 17:29

KRiffhard

Maybe "I need you", " Misty Roads", "Not the way to go", " Fiji Jim", "Keep it cool", " Stop that"...

These last two are from 82 so logically they should not be on a TY reissue.

If Mick considers TY to be the sole "reworkable" album since SG he might sweep everything in the vaults from 77 to 81 and indeed include "I need you", " Misty Roads", "Not the way to go", " Fiji Jim".

Me I'd rather have totally new things but who knows...

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 22, 2021 19:12

jbwelda
24FPS
GasLightStreet
Stoneage
For me it all feels a bit too late. I mean a re-release 40 years after the original release. I guess this re-release business accelerated when they realized they didn't have to make new recordings anymore.
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases.

It's extremely likely that the Stones never had any intentions of reissuing albums in this manner. They signed up with UMe and UMe said something.

So when these releases happen really has no relevance, as EOMS and SG provided, to anniversary dates, specifically. Afterall, TATTOO YOU, so far, won't be out on the anniversary, 8-24, but it will be within the digit year 40 years later.

I guess they've discovered no profit in doing Deluxe editions with the ABKCO albums.

I don't think they really want to cooperate with ABKCO, they have not seemed to give them anything new or allowed them to release anything rare. The ABKCO deluxe editions have been nicely packaged but thats about all.

jb

They worked with Abkco to release the Deluxe Edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out, On Air: (The BBC Sessions) and the Charlie Is My Darling set.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 22, 2021 20:34

dcba
KRiffhard

These last two are from 82 so logically they should not be on a TY reissue.

If Mick considers TY to be the sole "reworkable" album since SG he might sweep everything in the vaults from 77 to 81 and indeed include "I need you", " Misty Roads", "Not the way to go", " Fiji Jim".

Me I'd rather have totally new things but who knows...

Everything is possible as Scarlet should not be part of GHS as well, as it has been recorded years later. They don't care...

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 22, 2021 21:23

I can't even name a song from Undercover, but I'm going to guess one is called "Undercover".

Date: July 22, 2021 21:45

TravelinMan
I can't even name a song from Undercover, but I'm going to guess one is called "Undercover".

wow...you'd actually be wrong!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 22, 2021 21:48

treaclefingers
TravelinMan

only if you think "Of The Night" was the b-side...

Date: July 22, 2021 21:50

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
TravelinMan

Heard them do "Of The Night" on the B-stage once. Sublime.

Date: July 22, 2021 21:59

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
TravelinMan

and now you're "Off The Hook"...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 22:27

treaclefingers
Mathijs
24FPS
shortfatfanny
24FPS

Eeer....what ???

Undercover is in my top three Stones albums. I just love it.

Mathijs

Tie You Up! (The Pain Of Love)

The best thing on this album! I think Satanic is worse than this one, though.

Date: July 22, 2021 22:34

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
TravelinMan

and now you're "Off The Hook"...

I myself like wringing a joke so that you get all the moisture out, but you've outdone yourself here.

Date: July 22, 2021 22:54

Back to the topic...I'm looking forward to this release.
Hopefully there will be some interesting footage on dvd or blu ray
inside a super deluxe edition beside the well known clips...

Date: July 22, 2021 23:04

shortfatfanny

Getting back off topic...it's only 2.5 years until the 40th of Video Rewind. I would really like a rerelease of that on Blu Ray...extended to include official videos since then.

Date: July 22, 2021 23:10

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny

Getting back off topic...it's only 2.5 years until the 40th of Video Rewind. I would really like a rerelease of that on Blu Ray...extended to include official videos since then.

How could I forget that...yes,of course...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2021 05:49

boogaloojef
jbwelda
24FPS
GasLightStreet
Stoneage
For me it all feels a bit too late. I mean a re-release 40 years after the original release. I guess this re-release business accelerated when they realized they didn't have to make new recordings anymore.
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases.

It's extremely likely that the Stones never had any intentions of reissuing albums in this manner. They signed up with UMe and UMe said something.

So when these releases happen really has no relevance, as EOMS and SG provided, to anniversary dates, specifically. Afterall, TATTOO YOU, so far, won't be out on the anniversary, 8-24, but it will be within the digit year 40 years later.

I guess they've discovered no profit in doing Deluxe editions with the ABKCO albums.

I don't think they really want to cooperate with ABKCO, they have not seemed to give them anything new or allowed them to release anything rare. The ABKCO deluxe editions have been nicely packaged but thats about all.

jb

They worked with Abkco to release the Deluxe Edition of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out, On Air: (The BBC Sessions) and the Charlie Is My Darling set.

They worked directly with ABKCO on those? Okay. I guess I was thinking of the better known studio albums from Aftermath onward.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 23, 2021 06:34

shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
shortfatfanny

How could I forget that...yes,of course...

A double banger - extended/expanded VIDEO REWIND with the complete videos... and an expanded deluxe reissue of REWIND, with one of the bonus discs etc being all the songs remixed by Giles Martin.

Date: July 23, 2021 06:35

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
treaclefingers
TravelinMan

What about (Of The Night)? Did they do that one as well? Back to back?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:10

slewan

Does anybody have any clue when the Tattoo You deluxe edition might be released?

Tattoo You Deluxe-Edition will be released in October 2021 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: July 26, 2021 15:49

The idea sounds fantastic but my fear is, even if they are working with good outtakes, Mick will replace original vocals with new nasally ones like the 'Some Girls' deluxe and sound will be unlistenable.
'Tattoo You' was so good, I think any "new" tracks will be a disappointment. Just don't see them matching the original glory...

Date: July 26, 2021 16:24

Irix
slewan

Tattoo You Deluxe-Edition will be released in October 2021 - [iorr.org] .

This is such great news...I presume we'll get an announcement and pre-ordering by August. Maybe the anniversary date of the original album release, the 24th? Really curious on the song lineup for the deluxe/superdeluxe.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2021 19:42

shortfatfanny

If it's like the 'Super Deluxe' GHS boxset, you'll get the videos associated with the album, SMU, Waiting on a Friend, Neighbors, Hang Fire. These are among the cheapest, crappiest videos ever made, excluding Waiting on a Friend, which was pretty good.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2021 21:23

24fps
If it's like the 'Super Deluxe' GHS boxset, you'll get the videos associated with the album, SMU, Waiting on a Friend, Neighbors, Hang Fire. These are among the cheapest, crappiest videos ever made, excluding Waiting on a Friend, which was pretty good

Yes they were cheap and, perhaps, crappy. But I liked them. And I think they have stood the test of time better than many overproduced, expensive videos from the time.
And you have to remember that 1981 was before MTV started. A long time before those extravagant Peter Gabriel and Jacko videos.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 26, 2021 21:24

Wha?? That Start Me Up video was fun! We looked forward to it every time it came on

Date: July 26, 2021 22:42

24FPS
shortfatfanny

If it's like the 'Super Deluxe' GHS boxset, you'll get the videos associated with the album, SMU, Waiting on a Friend, Neighbors, Hang Fire. These are among the cheapest, crappiest videos ever made, excluding Waiting on a Friend, which was pretty good.

Yes,that's always the case...videos associated with the album.
In all fairness,concerning GHS super deluxe release, there isn't obviously
no other footage availabe beside the clips you mentioned, whereas '81 there should be something else...
despite Hampton...maybe it's just me and my
wishful thinking...

Date: July 26, 2021 22:58

snoopy2
Wha?? That Start Me Up video was fun! We looked forward to it every time it came on

That video was pure comedy.

Date: July 26, 2021 22:59

24FPS
shortfatfanny

They're hilarious, SMU, HF, Neighbours and Worried About You. Top notch horrible guitar miming. With exception to WOAF, it was the end of an era of them doing fantastically awful miming for videos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home