Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 61
Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: Duked ()
Date: July 20, 2021 00:36

I'd like an 5.1 mix of just Start Me Up alone! I think Mick's overdubbed vocals on this track are unbelievably strong.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2021 01:10

Duked
I'd like an 5.1 mix of just Start Me Up alone! I think Mick's overdubbed vocals on this track are unbelievably strong.

smileys with beer

Yup.

I'm thinking about getting a second job in advance so I can afford the various packages. BLU RAY AUDIO!

Re: Any chance of a Tattoo You deluxe version next year?!
Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: July 20, 2021 01:30

jbwelda
But everyone agrees Mick was off the mark when he claimed SV was recorded at or before Beggars Banquet, and particularly so since he implied the very take/version used on EOMS was from BB era. Just exactly when the version used on EOMS was recorded post Let It Bleed is the question.

jb

At the risk that the next four pages in this thread does say more on this: SV can easy have be written at the same time as Honky Tonk Woman and that one was done on a holiday in Brazil before BB. The two songs are different, but very much the same style and type of song.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 03:34

There is that extended version of Slave which runs about 11 minutes and an extended take of Tops.They have circulating for years as bootlegs.This is pt what will be on the new cd.Pretty boring stuff like that

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2021 03:37

VoodooLounge13
It seems to me that the band's focus is more on these deluxes and less on actual new material. I think Keef might just be given a standard answer whenever asked about a new record because he wants it to look like they are still a fully active, working band, but truth be told, I feel like it's mostly preserving the legacy at this point, revisiting what made them successful/iconic in the first place and raking in millions from performing live.

That's the market now. Those handful of veteran rock bands that polish up old songs and release them as now, at a primo price. Dylan seems to put out a new, comprehensive box set every six months. The Beatles shot a lot of their wad with the Anthology Series. The songs they've released with their recent anniversary editions aren't as strong as their Anthology cousins.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 05:10

Taylor1
There is that extended version of Slave which runs about 11 minutes and an extended take of Tops.They have circulating for years as bootlegs.This is pt what will be on the new cd.Pretty boring stuff like that

Unedited LP mixes. It's too bad they didn't do an EMOTIOANAL RESCUE deluxe, they could've included the full version of the title track along with some of the others.

Perhaps this TY deluxe will feature early versions of whatever LP tracks, like the full length version of Hang Fire, which starts completely different than we know it, as well as a full mix of Neighbours.

Or... maybe better yet... it's "the" nine other songs that were considered for TY in October 1980 when Mick and Kimsey started working on overdubs.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 10:25

dcba
boogaloojef
If they release a live 1981 show I hope it is one when they played Tops, Down The Apiece or Mona instead of the standard set list.

You mean Philie'81 aka "the most appaling opening gigs by a major rock band"?

Jagger would rather put his youngest child for adoption rather than see these 2 concerts being given an official release! grinning smiley

at least it would be fun!! lol (the release, not the adoption)

Re: “Me and Mick have done nine new tracks... "
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 20, 2021 12:03

24FPS
Taylor1
What revenues does Charlie get since he doesn’t write the songs

It's possible that Charlie has a separate agreement with Mick & Keith. If I remember correctly, Bill negotiated a 5% for him, and for Charlie, to come out of Mick & Keith's royalties, above and beyond mechanical royalties. And if I also remember Charlie gave Bill a painting to show his gratitude. Anybody else remember this?

Charlie has a kickback fee arrangement for parts of songwriting and publishing royalties, and he is one of four directors of Promopub and earns equal shares in earnings.

Mathijs

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 20, 2021 16:57

falo01
dcba
boogaloojef
If they release a live 1981 show I hope it is one when they played Tops, Down The Apiece or Mona instead of the standard set list.

You mean Philie'81 aka "the most appaling opening gigs by a major rock band"?

Jagger would rather put his youngest child for adoption rather than see these 2 concerts being given an official release! grinning smiley

at least it would be fun!! lol (the release, not the adoption)

My friend and I shook our heads in disbelief it was SO BAD!
I passed the time... I took out my sketchbook... did some drawing & doodling, writing
We laughed at the spectacle, partied

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 20, 2021 17:16

georgemcdonnell314
I think we will get early versions of Waiting on a Friend(it wasn't on the GHS reissue), Slave and Worried About You.

There are bootlegs out with the earlier versions and polishing them up should be easy.

It says "9 new songs". Probably not to be taken all too literally, but this commonly means "9 previously unreleased songs", not "different versions of released songs".

My best guess is that those 9 bonus tracks will be a quasi "best of outtakes" from the same time frame as the album, 1972-1980. That would make sense. Stuff like Drift Away, Fiji Jim, Built That Way, I Need You, I Love Ladies, Misty Roads and others.

I see no sense in polishing up earlier (and mostly inferior) versions of songs that have already been polished up for inclusion on the original album. Why should they do that?

Oh, and here's hope for Separately as I deeply missed it on GHS Deluxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 17:18 by retired_dog.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:01

it is known if it will be published in 2021 or 2022

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:17

retired_dog
georgemcdonnell314
I think we will get early versions of Waiting on a Friend(it wasn't on the GHS reissue), Slave and Worried About You.

There are bootlegs out with the earlier versions and polishing them up should be easy.

It says "9 new songs". Probably not to be taken all too literally, but this commonly means "9 previously unreleased songs", not "different versions of released songs".

My best guess is that those 9 bonus tracks will be a quasi "best of outtakes" from the same time frame as the album, 1972-1980. That would make sense. Stuff like Drift Away, Fiji Jim, Built That Way, I Need You, I Love Ladies, Misty Roads and others.

I see no sense in polishing up earlier (and mostly inferior) versions of songs that have already been polished up for inclusion on the original album. Why should they do that?

I tend to agree, but they did that on Goats with a few instrumentals. So if there are early versions of the songs that did make Tattoo You, I could see that. They would have to be different though, not the basic takes that were used for the album.

I'm wondering if there is a connection to the leak a few months back. Maybe those songs were decided against using for anything, or maybe that's the pool where the selection of songs will come from. Obviously, the songs from the era. Most everything they have released hasn't been available on bootlegs.

If Drift Away is included then I doubt we'll see a deluxe release of IORR, which would be sad.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:33

TravelinMan
retired_dog
georgemcdonnell314

I tend to agree, but they did that on Goats with a few instrumentals. So if there are early versions of the songs that did make Tattoo You, I could see that. They would have to be different though, not the basic takes that were used for the album.

I'm wondering if there is a connection to the leak a few months back. Maybe those songs were decided against using for anything, or maybe that's the pool where the selection of songs will come from. Obviously, the songs from the era. Most everything they have released hasn't been available on bootlegs.

If Drift Away is included then I doubt we'll see a deluxe release of IORR, which would be sad.

Am I the only one here is who isn't as enamored with IORR as many others? I became a Stones fan in 1989, at age 13, and I got SW on cassette along with The London Years for Christmas that year. In 1990, after Flashpoint, I found IORR very cheaply priced on cassette and decided to pick it up, but between the sound and lack of overall good songs, I thought it VERY different from what I knew of them already. Ever since, I've not listened to it much. It has one or two songs - Fingerprint File I've always enjoyed. But IORR and Undercover are the two least played studio albums for me........followed very closely by Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:25

I am hoping for a super deluxe edition with lots of bonus stuff including a live show from 81 in multi formats including video ! That is what I wish for !

Date: July 20, 2021 21:47

mick64

No. It is known that it will be published in 2021.

Date: July 20, 2021 21:52

retired_dog
georgemcdonnell314

That's logical. Misty Roads etc make sense, especially considering, for whatever lame reason, they weren't included on the SG deluxe instead of the majority of lame tracks put on that, yet alone an EMOTIONAL RESCUE 40 year.

Either really bad management or they just don't care. I'll side with 'they just don't care' considering what has been left off yet alone chosen, like the post-SG session Tallahassee Lassie for the SG deluxe. Just complete mindlessness of what it's about. "It's about the same time."

It is not.

Date: July 20, 2021 23:18

VoodooLounge13
TravelinMan
retired_dog
georgemcdonnell314

Am I the only one here is who isn't as enamored with IORR as many others? I became a Stones fan in 1989, at age 13, and I got SW on cassette along with The London Years for Christmas that year. In 1990, after Flashpoint, I found IORR very cheaply priced on cassette and decided to pick it up, but between the sound and lack of overall good songs, I thought it VERY different from what I knew of them already. Ever since, I've not listened to it much. It has one or two songs - Fingerprint File I've always enjoyed. But IORR and Undercover are the two least played studio albums for me........followed very closely by Emotional Rescue.

Gotta disagree. I find all 3 excellent 'tier 2 albums'. Tier 1 obviously the BIG 4, Some Girls & Tattoo You.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Some Girls through Undercover constitutes a second, 'less big' 4.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 23:23

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but i was intrigued by the fact that the Museum online store (for the canadian next stop of the Unzipped exhibition if i'm not mistaken) has quite a lot of "Start me up" merch to offer. Don't know if it's a coincidence.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 20, 2021 23:48

GasLightStreet
mick64

A link to official announcement with 2021 date, please.
Links to Rolling Stone magazine or Superdeluxe blog does not count because those guys simply repeat Ronnie's words. And at this moment Ronnie's words are the only source for all these fuzz.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:20

For me it all feels a bit too late. I mean a re-release 40 years after the original release. I guess this re-release business accelerated when they realized they didn't have to make new recordings anymore.
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases. 40 years - that is half a lifetime. Can anyone still remember the year of 1981?
The non-internet days when telephones had a cord and records were made of vinyl? Round things with a hole in the middle...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 21, 2021 02:04

Stoneage
For me it all feels a bit too late. I mean a re-release 40 years after the original release. I guess this re-release business accelerated when they realized they didn't have to make new recordings anymore.
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases. 40 years - that is half a lifetime. Can anyone still remember the year of 1981?
The non-internet days when telephones had a cord and records were made of vinyl? Round things with a hole in the middle...

Can anyone still remember the year of 1981?

Yes I can, I was 27 in 1981...living on a living boot and my first child was just born ..this year she will be 40......and played a lot of vinyl records back then ....and yes times flies

Date: July 21, 2021 02:48

Stoneage

CD's? Is that a thing?

Date: July 21, 2021 06:10

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
mick64

A link to official announcement with 2021 date, please.
Links to Rolling Stone magazine or Superdeluxe blog does not count because those guys simply repeat Ronnie's words. And at this moment Ronnie's words are the only source for all these fuzz.

It is not difficult to figure out that a 40th anniversary reissue will come out this year without a link to an official announcement with a 2021 date.

Date: July 21, 2021 06:17

Stoneage
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases.

It's extremely likely that the Stones never had any intentions of reissuing albums in this manner. They signed up with UMe and UMe said something.

So when these releases happen really has no relevance, as EOMS and SG provided, to anniversary dates, specifically. Afterall, TATTOO YOU, so far, won't be out on the anniversary, 8-24, but it will be within the digit year 40 years later.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 21, 2021 06:43

GasLightStreet
Stoneage
Had they realized that earlier we wouldn't have had 40 years between the releases.

It's extremely likely that the Stones never had any intentions of reissuing albums in this manner. They signed up with UMe and UMe said something.

So when these releases happen really has no relevance, as EOMS and SG provided, to anniversary dates, specifically. Afterall, TATTOO YOU, so far, won't be out on the anniversary, 8-24, but it will be within the digit year 40 years later.

I guess they've discovered no profit in doing Deluxe editions with the ABKCO albums.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 21, 2021 06:54

24FPS
GasLightStreet
Stoneage

I guess they've discovered no profit in doing Deluxe editions with the ABKCO albums.

I don't think they really want to cooperate with ABKCO, they have not seemed to give them anything new or allowed them to release anything rare. The ABKCO deluxe editions have been nicely packaged but thats about all.

jb

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: July 21, 2021 09:11

i hope new songs as Ronney said due i have already two TY Vinils , the old one
and de half speed.

i hope the new worth it , if not i will not buy it.

Tired of starm me up really......i loved the song but i am not to buy the same

20 times. head on shoulders

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 21, 2021 12:47

HMN

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 21, 2021 13:27

Duked

The Goats Head surround sound was great. Let's have Tattoo You in 5.1!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 21, 2021 13:31

TravelinMan
So any guesses as to what the 9 tracks will be?

I’m guessing the Reggae version of Start Me Up

I’m wondering if the songs that were leaked was stuff they decided against officially releasing. Otherwise, there are a few candidates there.

I'm guessing one of the tracks will be "It's a Lie."

I think the Stones will use the leaked tracks. They used tracks that were bootlegged for years with Goats Head Soup.

There was a story that a lot of Stones recordings were stolen from Don Was. Anyone remember that story?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home