Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61
Re: “Me and Mick have done nine new tracks... "
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:19

dcba
treaclefingers

Try drinking the water from the top of the glass. It ain't half empty up there.

Instant classic comment! Wonderful! thumbs up

thank you kind sir!

Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:24

it would be better if they put out a full tempe and best of filmed in NJ (tina/honky tonk. ect.) at the correct speed. and a remix with loud '81 tour guitars. that would be great. probably unpossible, though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:24

I'd be surprised if LSTNT got a reissue as they wouldnt own the rights and Hal Ashby is long dead. Ideally it'd be great to get a DVD of the Tempe show unedited and with the songs at the right tempo, but I think thats a long shot.

If what Ronnie says is correct, I'd expect disc 2 of the reissue to consist of these 9 old unreleased songs with new overdubs plus maybe a few remixes or alternate versions of some of the TY songs like they did with GHS.

No way will there be 'NEW' songs on a release like this.

the 40th anniversary of Tattoo You is five weeks away so if they were going to release it to coincide with that, they'd have confirmed it a few weeks ago and we'd already be getting some of the material released by now as a taster.

So I guess the Christmas market is the more likely target.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 01:25 by Gazza.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 19, 2021 01:58

If they release a live 1981 show I hope it is one when they played Tops, Down The Apiece or Mona instead of the standard set list.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 19, 2021 07:50

Its funny how people take some of his words just straight literally but others "just can't be so" even though they are in the very same sentence that otherwise is being taken so literally.

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 19, 2021 09:13

Taylor1

What revenues does Charlie get since he doesn’t write the songs

It's possible that Charlie has a separate agreement with Mick & Keith. If I remember correctly, Bill negotiated a 5% for him, and for Charlie, to come out of Mick & Keith's royalties, above and beyond mechanical royalties. And if I also remember Charlie gave Bill a painting to show his gratitude. Anybody else remember this?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 19, 2021 11:51

24FPS
Taylor1

What revenues does Charlie get since he doesn’t write the songs

It's possible that Charlie has a separate agreement with Mick & Keith. If I remember correctly, Bill negotiated a 5% for him, and for Charlie, to come out of Mick & Keith's royalties, above and beyond mechanical royalties. And if I also remember Charlie gave Bill a painting to show his gratitude. Anybody else remember this?

since Charlie doesn't like touring I guess they make him offers he can't refuse…

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 19, 2021 13:45

I just know that the TY release will be somewhat disappointing.

The next FFSO release, however.... Those guys know how to do things!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 19, 2021 14:01

jbwelda
Its funny how people take some of his words just straight literally but others "just can't be so" even though they are in the very same sentence that otherwise is being taken so literally.

jb
Very Wise !

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 19, 2021 16:06

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:12

boogaloojef
If they release a live 1981 show I hope it is one when they played Tops, Down The Apiece or Mona instead of the standard set list.

You mean Philie'81 aka "the most appaling opening gigs by a major rock band"?

Jagger would rather put his youngest child for adoption rather than see these 2 concerts being given an official release! grinning smiley

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:18

I believe all of those songs were played multiple times during the tour just not very frequently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 19:19 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:25

may be a dvd of tattoo you songs played live over the last 40 years, Slave and maybe heaven have not been played live, could be they tried at a rehersal and that exists ?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:26

It seems to me that the band's focus is more on these deluxes and less on actual new material. I think Keef might just be given a standard answer whenever asked about a new record because he wants it to look like they are still a fully active, working band, but truth be told, I feel like it's mostly preserving the legacy at this point, revisiting what made them successful/iconic in the first place and raking in millions from performing live.

Date: July 19, 2021 20:43

Being this is the first box set of an album that I purchased when it was first released, and which I love to this day, I cannot articulate how enthusiastically I'm looking forward to it.

Uh oh...I just set really high expectations!

Date: July 19, 2021 20:46

Thinking about this a bit, Emotional Rescue was a big album, with a pretty big single. It seems as though last year would have been a no-brainer to release it, unless they decided that Tattoo You was the far bigger name and they wanted to consolidate a lot of new material from that time period, (dare I say, 9 songs?), to put out an amazing Tattoo You Too!

I think this has the potential to outsell even the Exile re-release.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 19, 2021 20:53

treaclefingers
Thinking about this a bit, Emotional Rescue was a big album, with a pretty big single. It seems as though last year would have been a no-brainer to release it, unless they decided that Tattoo You was the far bigger name and they wanted to consolidate a lot of new material from that time period, (dare I say, 9 songs?), to put out an amazing Tattoo You Too!

I think this has the potential to outsell even the Exile re-release.

A lot more people bought TATTOO YOU than EOMS. That's not exactly a reason to expect anything but of the people I know that like the Stones, TY is the most known one. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll buy a deluxe reissue but they may listen to it on Spotify etc.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:17

dcba
treaclefingers

Try drinking the water from the top of the glass. It ain't half empty up there.

Instant classic comment! Wonderful! thumbs up

Thanks for the chuckle!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:59

So any guesses as to what the 9 tracks will be?

I’m guessing the Reggae version of Start Me Up

TeddyB, a poster who had some inside info on the Exile reissue, said the first recording of Waiting on a Friend was done during the Sticky Fingers sessions. I’m thinking they have an alternate we haven’t heard up their sleeves for this release.

I’m wondering if the songs that were leaked was stuff they decided against officially releasing. Otherwise, there are a few candidates there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 22:00 by TravelinMan.

40TH ANNIVERSARY ‘TATTOO YOU’ REISSUE WITH SEVERAL NEW TRACKS
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:02

[americansongwriter.com]

THE ROLLING STONES TO EXPAND 40TH ANNIVERSARY ‘TATTOO YOU’ REISSUE WITH SEVERAL NEW TRACKS

The Rolling Stones to Expand 40th Anniversary ‘Tattoo You’ Reissue with Several New Tracks

As The Rolling Stones prepare to release a 40th anniversary box set for Tattoo You, the band have also written several new tracks to go along with the reissue of their 18th album.

“Me and Mick [Jagger] have done nine new tracks for the [40th anniversary] re-release of Tattoo You,” revealed guitarist Ron Wood during a recent interview.

Originally released in 1981, Tattoo You was initially a collection of studio outtakes recorded during more than a half dozen sessions throughout 1970s, with new vocals and instruments added on to finish off the tracks later on for the album, which featured the Stones hit “Start Me Up” and other favorites like “Waiting on a Friend” and “Neighbours.”

he new Tattoo You box set will feature some previously unreleased music, in addition to some of the newer tracks. For the band’s 2020 expanded edition of the 1973 release, Goats Head Soup, the band included three unreleased tracks, while the 2010 re-release of Exile on Main Street had 10 additional tracks from the band’s archives.

Wood, who is working on a tribute album for the late blues musician Jimmy Reed, also revealed that he, along with Rod Stewart and drummer Kenney Jones (the surviving members of his pre-Stones band Faces) are also recording new music and that the Stones hope to continue their No Filter tour, which originally kicked off in 2017.

“I’ve had a front-row seat on some amazing rock ‘n’ roll projects these past couple of weeks,” said Wood. “I’m making every day count.

Re: 40TH ANNIVERSARY ‘TATTOO YOU’ REISSUE WITH SEVERAL NEW TRACKS
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:42

Bring it on now !

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 19, 2021 21:46

Isn’t there a sticky on this

Date: July 19, 2021 22:42

TravelinMan

TeddyB, a poster who had some inside info on the Exile reissue, said the first recording of Waiting on a Friend was done during the Sticky Fingers sessions. I’m thinking they have an alternate we haven’t heard up their sleeves for this release.

I’m wondering if the songs that were leaked was stuff they decided against officially releasing. Otherwise, there are a few candidates there.

Silver Train was started in October 1970 along with Hide Your Love. [www.nzentgraf.de]

Never ever heard about Waiting On A Friend being pre-Jamaica 1972.

Date: July 19, 2021 23:02

GasLightStreet
TravelinMan

Silver Train was started in October 1970 along with Hide Your Love. [www.nzentgraf.de]

I hadn't either until I read the info from here: [iorr.org]

He's a reputable source too.

"The Stones camp actually seems to think that Aladdin Story and Potted Shrimp were not recorded at the same time. They also seem to have confirmed that Waiting On A Friend was first laid down during Sticky Fingers sessions. It could be that the information we've always had is wrong (which is what my source says), or that the Stones camp is wrong."

Date: July 19, 2021 23:21

TravelinMan
GasLightStreet
TravelinMan

"The Stones camp actually seems to think that Aladdin Story and Potted Shrimp were not recorded at the same time. They also seem to have confirmed that Waiting On A Friend was first laid down during Sticky Fingers sessions. It could be that the information we've always had is wrong (which is what my source says), or that the Stones camp is wrong."

LOL there's no reason to think the Stones camp are right. All one has to do is read the liner notes of JUMP BACK to realize no one really has a clue as to what is what (yet alone who played what on EXILE).

However, given the backstory about WOAF, I'll go along with November of 1972 being when it started. The first 1970 session involves Aladdin Stomp (obviously changed to So Devine (Aladdin Story) later that year), Stop Breaking Down, Shake Your Hips as well as Sweet Virginia.

Re: Any chance of a Tattoo You deluxe version next year?!
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:32

makim
Back to the initial question: yes, I think a Tattoo You deluxe version will be out soon!

Although the tracks were outtakes from various sessions, I agree that it was "the last great Stones record".

AWESOME! Haven't been online in a few days, but seeing this thread become a "sticky" today (in a seaside bar with wifi in southern France Hendaye-style) I was like "sweet...it's happenin' " :-)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 19, 2021 23:42

exilestones
[americansongwriter.com]

THE ROLLING STONES TO EXPAND 40TH ANNIVERSARY ‘TATTOO YOU’ REISSUE WITH SEVERAL NEW TRACKS

The Rolling Stones to Expand 40th Anniversary ‘Tattoo You’ Reissue with Several New Tracks

As The Rolling Stones prepare to release a 40th anniversary box set for Tattoo You, the band have also written several new tracks to go along with the reissue of their 18th album.

“Me and Mick [Jagger] have done nine new tracks for the [40th anniversary] re-release of Tattoo You,” revealed guitarist Ron Wood during a recent interview.

Originally released in 1981, Tattoo You was initially a collection of studio outtakes recorded during more than a half dozen sessions throughout 1970s, with new vocals and instruments added on to finish off the tracks later on for the album, which featured the Stones hit “Start Me Up” and other favorites like “Waiting on a Friend” and “Neighbours.”

he new Tattoo You box set will feature some previously unreleased music, in addition to some of the newer tracks. For the band’s 2020 expanded edition of the 1973 release, Goats Head Soup, the band included three unreleased tracks, while the 2010 re-release of Exile on Main Street had 10 additional tracks from the band’s archives.

Wood, who is working on a tribute album for the late blues musician Jimmy Reed, also revealed that he, along with Rod Stewart and drummer Kenney Jones (the surviving members of his pre-Stones band Faces) are also recording new music and that the Stones hope to continue their No Filter tour, which originally kicked off in 2017.

“I’ve had a front-row seat on some amazing rock ‘n’ roll projects these past couple of weeks,” said Wood. “I’m making every day count.

You do realize this is just regurgitating what Ronnie said in the interview along with adding in some other insinuations and extrapolations from what was actually said. Nothing new here at all. Just the same interview and some random Tattoo You factoids to make it sound exclusive. Its not.

jb

Date: July 19, 2021 23:59

GasLightStreet
TravelinMan
GasLightStreet
TravelinMan

LOL there's no reason to think the Stones camp are right. All one has to do is read the liner notes of JUMP BACK to realize no one really has a clue as to what is what (yet alone who played what on EXILE).

However, given the backstory about WOAF, I'll go along with November of 1972 being when it started. The first 1970 session involves Aladdin Stomp (obviously changed to So Devine (Aladdin Story) later that year), Stop Breaking Down, Shake Your Hips as well as Sweet Virginia.

Yeah, I'm trying to remember what was said about Waiting... in a Goats Head Soup interview I have somewhere. Or if anything was said.

The liner notes just seem to list everybody to cover all bases. Very lame in my opinion.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 20, 2021 00:15

I'm thinking/hoping for a good, clean mix of "Never Stop" and most likely some of the ER (or even SG) leftovers. Hope they're tasty!

Date: July 20, 2021 00:31

I think we will get early versions of Waiting on a Friend(it wasn't on the GHS reissue), Slave and Worried About You.

There are bootlegs out with the earlier versions and polishing them up should be easy.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home