Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 61
Re: “Me and Mick have done nine new tracks... "
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 17, 2021 04:25

Are the two tracks they are not polishing up the tracks Taylor played on

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2021 04:26

24FPS
Then this needs to be merged with the Tattoo You Deluxe thread. They're not doing nine 'new' tracks for Tattoo You. What would be the point of that? They're polishing old tracks.

Relax Officer.
It likely will.

More likely the post in the tattoo thread would go unnoticed by many.
Thought this notable.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 17, 2021 06:32

Did nine new tracks for the 40th Anniversary Tattoo You?

Huh. Guess that lets that cat out of the bag. New tracks. Nine of them, enough, almost for a full cd. Not FFSO, new tracks. Or maybe all the above for the super duper deluxe version.

That's interesting. Certainly seems to confirm the existence of an upcoming Tattoo You anniversary release.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-17 06:34 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 17, 2021 09:39

As much as I’m looking forward to hearing these recordings for the forthcoming Tattoo You Deluxe, I do still wonder about progress on any potential new studio album.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: July 17, 2021 10:18

MisterDDDD
"...And me, Rod and Kenney [the only surviving original members of...the Faces] have been recording some new Faces music.
[www.thetimes.co.uk]

No shit?

Wow.

I never expected to hear that.

Saw 'em Fall 1973 in Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke, in North Carolina, touring behind Ooh-La-La. As much as I love Ronnie as a Stone, what a loss it was losing the Faces. Which btw I blame on Rod's ridiculous ego and bad judgement, not on the Stones or Ronnie.

Excited for a Tattoo You Deluxe w Bonus Disc, of course, too.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 17, 2021 10:50

.... Pleeeeeeeeze anybody able
copy --paste the entire interview ....

ROCKMAN

Date: July 17, 2021 10:53

Hey Rockman [iorr.org]
enjoy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 17, 2021 11:20

Hey fanks Diego ...... good stuff

lurv ta read all those interviews ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 17, 2021 12:59

Did Mick and Keith approve the leak about nine Tattoo You tracks to the media?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 17, 2021 19:29

At 74 and after surviving cancer maybe Ronnie just doesn’t I’ve a shit what they think….

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 17, 2021 22:24

ironbelly
Did Mick and Keith approve the leak about nine Tattoo You tracks to the media?

Hasn't Ronnie leaked stuff before, even to the point that Mick has said in interviews "Ronnie and his mouth" or something like that, but smiling while he says it.

So maybe the leak is a "leak" and part of the master plan. cool smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 18, 2021 00:25

ok, here we go with high hopes, then crap on the list once the release news and track list is official, down to utter, severe disappointment when we actually get it and Mick has tried to re-sing great boot songs. Enjoy the "High Hopes" phase fellahs.

Date: July 18, 2021 00:41

I find it interesting he said they worked on 9 tracks when there are 11 on Tattoo You.Could it be the 2 they didn’t work on are the 2 Taylor was on? Maybe Taylor worked on them with Jagger like Plundered My Soul or Mick doesn’t want to pay Taylor royalties if they release outtakes of those songs

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 18, 2021 00:47

Taylor1
I find it interesting he said they worked on 9 tracks when there are 11 on Tattoo You.Could it be the 2 they didn’t work on are the 2 Taylor was on? Maybe Taylor worked on them with Jagger like Plundered My Soul or Mick doesn’t want to pay Taylor royalties if they release outtakes of those songs

You seem somewhat confused. How does saying they worked on nine NEW tracks have anything to do with there being eleven tracks on Tattoo You (count unverified by me)? And of course the ongoing conspiracy to rip Mick Taylor off for any royalties for all the songs he wrote. People generally do not get royalties for "working on" songs. Its a publishing thing.

jb

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 18, 2021 01:16

jbwelda
Taylor1

You seem somewhat confused. How does saying they worked on nine NEW tracks have anything to do with there being eleven tracks on Tattoo You (count unverified by me)? And of course the ongoing conspiracy to rip Mick Taylor off for any royalties for all the songs he wrote. People generally do not get royalties for "working on" songs. Its a publishing thing.

jb

You're aware that this is usually the starting point for endless "but without his solo, song x would simply be nothing, the solo turned it into a great song, so he deserves a credit"-discussions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-18 01:18 by retired_dog.

Date: July 18, 2021 01:26

I think we won't get 9 new songs.

I think we'll get things like the earlier versions of Slave and Waiting on a Friend which would explain why the version was not on the GHS remaster.

Who knows what else they may have but they gave us alternate takes on the Exile remaster and I can see them putting them on the Tattoo You deluxe as well.

Date: July 18, 2021 01:58

Taylor1

Sounds like there will be nine bonus tracks. No need to add anything to the album tracks. They've never done that before.

Date: July 18, 2021 01:59

jbwelda
Taylor1

jb
Taylor was a member of the band when these outtakes were done so I believe he would be entitled to some royalties if they are released .If my math is cool there were 11 songs on Tatoo You , although they probably aren’t releasing outakes for each of the 9 songs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-18 02:00 by Taylor1.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:50

Taylor1
jbwelda
Taylor1

jb
Taylor was a member of the band when these outtakes were done so I believe he would be entitled to some royalties if they are released .If my math is cool there were 11 songs on Tatoo You , although they probably aren’t releasing outakes for each of the 9 songs

Performance and/or mechanical royalties won't add up like they used to if any 1972 tracks are used. To my understanding that's the only thing Taylor could get, on or either of those, which is probably pennies, over the years, for each radio play etc. He was already paid for recording on the original tracks.

There are, of course, tracks recorded for IORR that may've been considered... so who knows. Then Taylor would make... pennies more.

You don't get royalties because your solo was fantastic.

But that's going by logic of how songwriting and publishing works. You could look up ABC 123 about how whatever works - that doesn't automatically apply.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 18, 2021 02:51

Oops. Meant to put that in the TATTOO YOU thread.

Date: July 18, 2021 03:17

What revenues does Charlie get since he doesn’t write the songs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2021 04:13

Lynd8
ok, here we go with high hopes, then crap on the list once the release news and track list is official, down to utter, severe disappointment when we actually get it and Mick has tried to re-sing great boot songs. Enjoy the "High Hopes" phase fellahs.

Try drinking the water from the top of the glass. It ain't half empty up there.

Date: July 18, 2021 04:34

thumbs up
treaclefingers
Lynd8

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 18, 2021 08:56

georgemcdonnell314
thumbs up
treaclefingers
Lynd8

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 18, 2021 10:33

treaclefingers

Instant classic comment! Wonderful! thumbs up

Date: July 18, 2021 12:37

Taylor1
Where is Keith on those nine tracks

They couldn't contact him by fax yet.

Date: July 18, 2021 17:51

I think this will be a great remaster. Mick knows it is their last great album and probably the last chance he'll get to take advantage of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-18 17:52 by georgemcdonnell314.

Re: Tattoo You deluxe version
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 18, 2021 18:09

Taylor1
Where is Keith on those nine tracks

Possible - perhaps even likely - that any of Keith's work on the re-issue would be done at Germano in NYC.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 00:03

I hope that there will be a remastered version of Ashby's film included in this release.

Date: July 19, 2021 01:12

I think this will be a seperate reissue with both concerts in full.

MonkeyMan2000
I hope that there will be a remastered version of Ashby's film included in this release.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home