Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT;One Bourbon, one Scotch, one Beer:the drinking thread.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 21, 2020 16:11

About 15 years ago I started a thread of the same name. It was successful for my own standards. Then it disappeared when things were changed on the website. I still find myself thinking about a good liquor with a quality/price that could match my budget. I still love Bourbon. I knocked down a 1.75l of EZRA BROOKS over the last 2 weeks and it is a good one. Picked it up at the store ,randomly, for $26.00 and it really tastes good. If you have good finds that you want to share, go ahead.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-21 16:24 by rollmops.

Re: OT;One Bourbon, one Scotch, one Beer:the drinking thread.
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 21, 2020 16:33

I’ve never been a drinker of whiskey. I once bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, though. Very nice.

I generally drink craft ales or lager, with the craft beers being the preference. Then again, on a hot day, nothing beats a cold pint of cidersmileys with beer

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 21, 2020 17:26

Jack & Coke nothing fancy but always hits the spot!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 21, 2020 17:28

Gin for me.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 21, 2020 17:33

Many flavors to choose from, but the Pineapple Soda is by far the best cool smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 21, 2020 18:03

TumblinDice76
Jack & Coke nothing fancy but always hits the spot!

Was a favourite amongst some of my friends back in the day; especially when the pub would offer an extra shot for a pound. Always given me a headache for some reason, though. A spiced rum and coke would my preference. That, or a gin and tonic. Double measurements, of course.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 21, 2020 18:32

Due to Keith's influence, I drink Rebel Yell, a pretty decent tasting cheap bourbon. Prefer Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve. Not much on Jack Daniels.

Gin - Tanqueray or Beefeater, but will drink Seagrams (AKA Knotty Head)

Scotch - all over the place here.

Cheap - Cutty Sark or Inverhouse
Medium - Chivas Regal or Dewar's
Expensive - Glenfiddich (will try most any single malt)

Canadian - Crown Royal, VO, or Canadian Club

Vodka - the cheap stuff will do.

Tequilla - prefer Patron for shots, but most any silver for mixing.

Beer - Michelob Ultra, but will try most anything (no Pabst Blue Ribbon, please). I don't really care for most craft beers, and think that many who drink them are pretentious - they KNOW some of them are really awful.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: May 21, 2020 18:42

I used to stick to Jack Daniel's, by way of rock n roll cliche winking smiley but actually I do like it. By the same token I tried Jim Beam, but that I did not like very much, plus it gave me a headache.

In all reality, I haven't had any bourbon or whiskey in, I think 15 or 20 years.

Grolsch beer is IT for me, plus the occasional supermarket $$$$$$ 5.99 red or white wine... strong liquor isn't my thing, really.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 21, 2020 18:56

(Correction...HALF my age...)

Another one gone due to the lockdown. smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 21, 2020 19:20

Used to drink Rebel Yell. Good product for the cost. Hard to find. Gone up in price. Drank Finlandia vodka for years. Can't get it in bars. (They only had ripoff Grey Goose, and other pricey, not that great brands.) Found Tito's vodka. Love it. So good I drink it as a straight martini, shaken, not.....you know the rest.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 21, 2020 19:27

Proper Job is a fantastic IPA

I like a really good Cabernet Sauvignon

I have a weakness for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey.

When the pubs are open I'll enjoy a pint of Taylor's Landlord (I tried ordering a pint of beer in Florida once; the bar staff had no idea what i was talking about)

My own Stinging Nettle Beer is surprisingly good too smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 21, 2020 19:31

I used to love Southern Comfort, ginger ale and ice. Yummie. This thread makes me think though...I haven’t had one in over 20 years and have an unopened bottle of the Comfort in my bar. Would it still be any good??? As in, ok to drink. Would it have gone “off”?

Rod

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: May 21, 2020 19:40

Bordeaux!

Date: May 21, 2020 20:25

Rebell Yell : One of the worst bourbon to drink but probably the best name. I tried a bottle long time ago; very cheap, less than $10, long thin neck, easy for grab&swig.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 21, 2020 21:14

Elmo Lewis
I don't really care for most craft beers, and think that many who drink them are pretentious - they KNOW some of them are really awful.

Great statement there, you've really argued your point well.

Date: May 21, 2020 21:48

bitusa2012
I used to love Southern Comfort, ginger ale and ice. Yummie. This thread makes me think though...I haven’t had one in over 20 years and have an unopened bottle of the Comfort in my bar. Would it still be any good??? As in, ok to drink. Would it have gone “off”?

That was Janis Joplin's drink of choice; very very sweet and good. I bet you it is still good; try it!
Rockandroll.
Mops

Date: May 21, 2020 22:43

Enjoying Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark of late.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: May 21, 2020 22:52

If I'm in a peaty, smokey mood, Lagavulin 16 years. If I fancy something sweeter from a sherry cask, Balvenie 12 or Glendronach 10.....mmmm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home