Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood - Somebody Up There Likes Me on UK TV
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2020 11:04

So did anyone "tape" it ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 5, 2020 21:31

gotdablouse

It’s available for free on the vrtnu-app.
But I don’t know if you can watch it outside of Belgium.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 5, 2020 22:45

I also watched it on Canvas, a Belgium TV station. It's almost common practice for Belgium TV to not stick to the announced time (Bourgondian life style winking smiley), but with an additional twenty minutes patience, there he was. It's always fun to watch Ronnie talking about his life and all the people that were/are part of it.
But apart from one or two photos I didn't see before, most was "old news" for me.
But again, very enjoyable to watch.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 6, 2020 03:19

Does anyone knows if the tv version and the cinema version have the same length? A lot of times the tv version is much shorter than the one you can see in the cinema.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2020 10:25

Ronnie Wood is brutally honest in the documentary Somebody Up There Likes Me
GARY MILLER/FILMMAGIC

Ronnie Wood: Somebody Up There Likes Me
Sky Arts, 9pm

The reason Ronnie Wood thinks God may have a soft spot for him is that, after 50 years of chugging 25 to 30 fags a day, a recent lung operation was so restorative to his body it’s now as if he hasn’t smoked. But it’s not just the Almighty — even rock or art gods don’t have a bad word to say about this craggy-faced, spiky-haired bundle of energy in Mike Figgis’s film. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Rod Stewart and Damien Hirst appear almost like a fantasy dinner party (or an episode of the comedy Stella Street) to speak eloquently and above all honestly about their times with “Woody”, charting the musician-turned-artist’s journey from jobbing musician with bands such as the Faces until the Stones took him on in in 1975. Wood is never less than honest too about the dark times, such as his father’s drink problem, the death of his first girlfriend or his problems with drugs and time in rehab (where, of course, he charmed everyone). Sometimes it can feel a bit Spinal Tap, especially when Wood recalls telling Keith Moon: “Keith, you are meant to take one or two, not the whole bottle.” Still, if Richards (with whom Wood once had a dust-up) praises your stamina and immune system and calls you “tough as nails”, that’s praise indeed. It’s also very good on what it feels like to be in a band, play stadium tours and to party hard. “I like things too much,” Wood reflects, which he adds, is OK for music, less good when it comes to dope or drink. But thank God he’s still here.

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2020 10:32

It's going to be a nice Stones-y evening on Sky Arts, starting with Sweet Summer Sun at 7.45, then the Ronnie Wood documentary, followed by Sticky Fingers live at the Fonda, the Checkerboard with Muddy Waters and Totally Stripped. 8 hours in all.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2020 10:36

BowieStone
gotdablouse

It’s available for free on the vrtnu-app.
But I don’t know if you can watch it outside of Belgium.

You can't, I tried, and they want a Belgian phone number for verification.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 7, 2020 00:59

gotdablouse

I'm trying. We'll see if it works.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: June 7, 2020 11:59

ChrisL
gotdablouse

I'm trying. We'll see if it works.

That would be nice, of course...a free - and easy to handle - tool is OBS Studio

[obsproject.com]

Good luck!

Date: June 7, 2020 12:47

Just saw it, thanks to a friend. Yeah, about 50 minutes long. Nice little piece, maybe not so in-depth. So was Ronnie in Hyde Park in 1969? winking smiley Or was he touring the US with the Jeff Beck Group?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-07 12:53 by Topi.

Date: June 7, 2020 12:56

Oh,it appears Ronnie is just mixing up months.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 7, 2020 18:18

Topi
Just saw it, thanks to a friend. Yeah, about 50 minutes long. Nice little piece, maybe not so in-depth. So was Ronnie in Hyde Park in 1969? winking smiley Or was he touring the US with the Jeff Beck Group?

That's very short. On Belgium tv is was 72 minutes.

Date: June 7, 2020 18:44

OK, in that case I missed almost 20 minutes. Thanks!

The version I saw was cut abruptly during the 1978 "When The Whip Comes Down" clip. I first thought this was due to an interrupted download on my first try.

Just tried re-downloading the link I was given and yeah, looks like the total runtime is only about 53 minutes. Oh well, I'm sure the missing part will surface eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-07 18:59 by Topi.

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: June 9, 2020 02:32

Just seen it on sky Atlantic tv UK . I must admit living in London town as i do you cat's maybe not get it cause a lot of it is about London at a certain times.. Hey, just saying..

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: July 4, 2020 15:42

French screenings :

Il y aura une séance unique le jeudi 16 juillet à 20h dans les salles Kinepolis :

Réservations :
[kinepolis.fr]

YM

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: July 4, 2020 22:55

Infos on the theatrical release in Austria (only in German): polyfilm.at

Planned opening July 9, 2020.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 5, 2020 01:50

Atelier Cinema - Düsseldorf - starting 09-July-2020

[filmkunstkinos.de]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 5, 2020 21:03

Great to see Ronnie speaking about certain subjects and of course great to see other guests join in on the conversation.

All in all, felt a bit flimsy. Came off in the same depth as his book from a while back, hastily put together and lightweight. Basically felt like 3 long interviews with Ronnie spliced together. What's there is good enough but wish it was better.

Nevertheless great to see Ronnie doing so well.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home