Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IORR posting policy and moderation
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2020 18:55

The IORR posting policy is clearly stated in the "IORR Forum Help and Policy" pages, found as a link on top of all the forum pages.

The Rolling Stones Fan Club It's Only Rock'n Roll - IORR - was created in 1980, and the IORR.org web site with the forum pages and also editorial pages were created in 1996, shortly after the creation of the world wide web.

The IORR web site is open for everyone. The purpose of IORR is to make information and talks about The Rolling Stones available to fans all over the world. Registered visitors may post i.e. write comments on the IORR forum. Posts and threads may be deleted, closed or merged, based on the policy, as listed above.

IORR is a private web site. There are no advertisements on IORR, and there is no subscription. It is all for free, for you to enjoy, as paid for by the owner, editor and moderator, as signed below.

Political posts may be deleted, as per the policy. The same goes for religious posts, campaigns (repeating the same message for the purpose of promoting it), as well as highly controversial issues. The definition of religion, political and what is highly controversial is done by the editor.

Off Topic posts: Posts not related to The Rolling Stones are Off Topic posts, and should be marked as such, by the prefix "OT: " in the subject line of the new post. Off topic posts may be deleted, if there are too many off topic posts on IORR, if they are not marked OT, or if they simply are annoying or not of public interest. Posts about food, drinks and other completely off topic issues will be deleted, in order to keep IORR at a certain on topic level.

Clickbait titles: The title of a new thread should be short, and it should be the essence of the actual topic posted. Threads with subject titles being made as clickbait, i.e. not completely saying what the thread is about, or misleading, will be deleted.

Meaningless posts: Posts being meaningless or simply annoying may be deleted. Some times a post may be harmless, still others may quote it and make offending or even more meaningless contents. Such meaningless posting is not wanted on IORR. Both the quoted posts as well as the original post may be deleted.

Posts may be deleted, moved or merged by accident. There is no large staff working at IORR. Please don't take it personally. Please do not start any discussions on why it happened just to you. It might happen to anyone.

Posts are very rarely deleted. There are more than one million posts on IORR. May be one time per day, some times just one time per week, or less frequently, a post may be deleted. There is no absolute freedom of speech on IORR, because some people tend to offend and break rules. IORR is Editorial and Moderated. Still, if you post with respect, you will be fine.

Finally, any false claims, false news, false information and any such misinformation will be deleted.

Deleting posts: You can not delete your own post, because it may have been used for comments. Also, some might use the "post and delete" method to post offending, political or otherwise illegal messages, then delete half an hour later, before seen by moderator. This forum is built by people who understand about forum security. If you feel like deleting a post, simply edit headline, subject and contents into DELETE, and I will remove it, takes less than a minute for me, not a big job. But if it was offending, it might of course take long time, then I would delete the posting access as well...

Bjornulf

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-20 15:46 by bv.

Petition to bring back the Covid thread
Date: May 20, 2020 17:38

I found it to be educational with different perspectives from around the world. Despite the politics getting off track on occasion I think the thread was a valuable resource for us.

Re: Petition to bring back the Covid thread
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2020 18:08

Don't worry it'll come back... confused smiley

"China's Newest COVID-19 Outbreak Shows Virus May Be Mutating"
[www.zerohedge.com]

OT: Political posting on IORR
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 31, 2020 10:40

Cheers B.V., At Least You’re Consistent

Your message board, your rules, I get it.

One question though, kind sir, how come some threads get closed and others get deleted?

>>>>>>

Re: OT: Explosion in Oslo. Everyone Ok?
Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 25, 2011 22:09

i hope this thread doesn't close or isn't deleted. it's the top story in the world right now. yes, this isn't a political message board, but it's quite obvious that in times like these, other topics such as super heavy or whether or not keith approves of bill wyman's latest haircut, are very irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. this top story NEEDS to be discussed and not just tossed aside as if nothing happened. this story has affected many people here and talking about it helps. but if people are being rude and spreading hatred or racist ideologies, then those individual posts should be dealt with.

<<<<<<

At least my thread involved the Stones. Are we too sensitive to have discussion of topics more serious than whether the Glimmers are using too much hair dye?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-31 14:18 by bv.

Re: Cheers B.V., At Least You’re Consistent
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 31, 2020 11:55

NO politics PLEASE. Thank you.

Re: Cheers B.V., At Least You’re Consistent
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 31, 2020 12:36

9 years ago, seriously 9 years ago.

We talk The Stones & o/t related music discussions, plenty of forums for Politics, try Twitter and Facebook for a start

Re: OT: Political posting on IORR
Date: May 31, 2020 15:04

The following thread was posted at 5pm on July 22, 2011 by "ChrisM":

Explosion in Oslo. Everyone Ok?

The thread was closed ten days later, on July 31, 2011. There were some political and hateful posts in that thread, which were deleted, but a few were kept as a reference, as of why such threads get closed, like the highly offensive statement: "I hope the government shoots him!".

This is the IORR posting policy:

Political posts are not accepted. Terror is not politics. Terror is evil and unacceptable.

When there is a national or international trauma, like terror in NYC, NZ, Oslo, Paris, London, Boston or other places, I do normally accept posts here on IORR, in memory of those who lost their lives.

I do NOT allow any political discussions around WHY terrorists do whatever they do. Also, I do not want terrorists named, or given any space at all here as of what they say, what they think, where they are now, or any such. If the message and presence of terrorists get the minimum of attention, their acts are failure, and I want all terrorists to fail by not having any mention here on IORR. Just look them up and leave them inside. We met hate and terror with love and understanding in Norway.

The current riots in USA are complex and sad events. The US President said this on Twitter: "you loot we shoot". Democrats and Republicans do not speak. No news channels are said to be acceptable in USA, because they are either too right wing or too left wing, according to earlier posts here on IORR. It would be impossible to discuss the current situation in USA without insulting posts and extended moderation and here on IORR.

In short, please do not post about US politics and riots here. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-31 15:07 by bv.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 31, 2020 15:04

Many scores of us cherish this forum, read it daily, have learned about the Stones and met like-minded people, seen some amazing concerts and built a lot of memories. And Bjornulf runs it in his ‘spare time’ at no cost to any of us and without ads. And runs it beautifully - rarely ever even a minor tech glitch. And if it is ever shut down we will be very much the less for it.

So. Maybe let’s treat this as if a very generous gentleman has invited us into his living room. Wipe your damn feet, understand the house rules and follow them. Don’t be rude or demanding of our host. If you don’t find that to your liking, maybe you're in the wrong place.

And if you choose to take issue with something, maybe do it privately, by email, so that it doesn’t create more work than there already is, in order to keep this site - his home - the way he likes it.

Then, maybe we will have the use of this lovely place for a long time.

Please and thank you.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 15:23

SomeTorontoGirl-As Keith would say "Gold rings on ya". Perfectly stated!

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 31, 2020 15:49

Well said, STG.

Date: May 31, 2020 15:56

There should never be anything political posted on this site. This is a Rolling Stones forum and there are plenty of off topic discussions. Not to mention there are other forums related to politics regardless of your political beliefs.

Politics is one of the most controversial subjects and it will distract from the purpose of the site which BV spends his own time and money on to help the thousands of fans who come here for information about their favorite band.

Also, we should all try to get along these days and stating political views is sure to cause tension with others who have opposing or alternate views.

There should not even be a discussion about it here.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2020 16:30

It's not political posts really. It's about news events. Which tends to be political sometimes. It doesn't bother me. But the moderator doesn't seem to like it. And it's his forum.
I think it's a pity though because in a way the forum gets excluded from the world outside the RS fan bubble. But again, it's not for me to decide. I'm just a guest here.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 31, 2020 16:51

Stoneage
I think it's a pity though because in a way the forum gets excluded from the world outside the RS fan bubble. But again, it's not for me to decide. I'm just a guest here.

Well, yes, if IORR forum is your only source for information about the world.....then you're in trouble

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: May 31, 2020 16:58

Erik_Snow
Stoneage

Well, yes, if IORR forum is your only source for information about the world.....then you're in trouble
thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2020 17:02

Erik_Snow
Stoneage

Of course it's not, Erik. But what I liked about IORR is that you have many countries represented here and it's interesting to hear views from countries outside your own.
But, once again, I do not make up the rules here. It's just an opinion. If people are offended by that I'm even fine with having my opinion deleted...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 31, 2020 17:06

Stoneage
Of course it's not, Erik. But what I liked about IORR is that you have many countries represented here and it's interesting

Yes, I agree to that, in general, but when politics get into discussion here, especially American politics, then you get 3-4 people quoting eachother over 20 pages, and it gets tiresome and pointless. Like if anybody will change their political stands through a quarrel on a messageboard.

Date: May 31, 2020 17:08

Erik_Snow
Stoneage
Of course it's not, Erik. But what I liked about IORR is that you have many countries represented here and it's interesting

Yes, I agree to that, in general, but when politics get into discussion here, especially American politics, then you get 3-4 people quoting eachother over 20 pages, and it gets tiresome and pointless. Like if anybody will change their political stands through a quarrel on a messageboard.

I agree with that, Erik. It's very tiresome sometimes.

Date: May 31, 2020 17:16

Facebook and Twitter do have thousands of full time employees working with moderation of posts. They are commercial social media companies, with a paid staff and millions of income to those who own them.

IORR is a free private service paid for by me - one person. I run IORR in my spare time, as a service to Stones fans. During the fiftythree - 53 - days the Corona Virus thread was open, I spent hours every day cleaning up offensive political posts. Then it simply took too much time, so I closed it.

Those who insist I should allow discussions of political, religious and other highly sensitive national and international matters here on IORR does not have any respect or understanding of how IORR is working, and what it takes to make a social media forum running in a respectful and trusted way.

If you want to have the latest news about the riots and race issues in USA, then feel free to use international media. If you want to shout your voice, then there are plenty of social media out there.

Bjornulf

Date: May 31, 2020 17:42

Stoneage
Erik_Snow
Stoneage

Of course it's not, Erik. But what I liked about IORR is that you have many countries represented here and it's interesting to hear views from countries outside your own.
But, once again, I do not make up the rules here. It's just an opinion. If people are offended by that I'm even fine with having my opinion deleted...

The riots in USA are for sure highly political. It can not get more political. If you say it is not political, then it is probably because you think you have the only valid opinion on how to solve the rather complex matter, involving racism, politics, police, governors, mayors, judges, black people, white people, basically all of USA now.

It isn't really rocket science to understand that we can't have many posts about the US riots until there is a similar riot right here on IORR. The posting rules are there in order to protect my life and my spare time. During the days of the Corona thread I got numerous threats and accusations. Now in these no-tour days I don't want to spend half the day as a non-paid moderator in order to offer a forum for discussing off topic highly sensitive political. matters.

Bjornulf

Date: May 31, 2020 17:55

I didn't mention the riots at all, BV. What I said was that news per se is not political. It's when we discuss them it, often, turns political. I have full understanding
of the fact that you don't want to spend more time than necessary to moderate this forum. Of course. You call the shots here. I don't.

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: May 31, 2020 18:14

Excellent post, STG

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 31, 2020 18:15

My political comment is --

When the going gets tough the (formerly) tough hole up in their French Chateau. He once upon a distant time pretended he was a 1968, manning the barricades, a street fighting man. Today this all fades away as populations in Europe and US mentally wilt from a Chinese-lab blunder virus. Or perhaps weaponized aka gain of function and it escaped. Next time around this type of "thing" will be improved and intentionally salted among populations that the Chinese leaders want to deal with. So to speak.

Sir Mick will retreat to his chateau again but this time for a year or years.

Date: May 31, 2020 18:36

triceratops

... a Chinese-lab blunder virus ....

Thanks to the political post by "triceratops" it took just a few hours for this thread to get closed.

It is common science knowledge that the origin of the virus is unknown.

Bjornulf

Have the RS Donald trump allowed to use their music in Tulsa?
Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: June 21, 2020 09:56

I have just found out that "She's like a rainbow" seems to be misused by Trump.

[www.youtube.com]

I cannot imagine that they have allowed him to do so.

Re: Have the RS Donald trump allowed to use their music in Tulsa?
Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: June 21, 2020 10:08

...after having heard his "speech" I had to listen "You can't always get what you want". Unbelievable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-21 10:08 by Ruediger.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 21, 2020 10:32

indeed unbelievable !

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 21, 2020 10:35

Tom Petty's estate (both daughters & both wives) have issued an official cease & desist order regarding the use of "I Won't Back Down" at election rallies.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 21, 2020 11:48

When are the Thoughtcrime Olympics starting?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 21, 2020 12:16

He has great taste in Music.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 21, 2020 12:19

Unbelievable!
Just seen on BBC news Mr Trump talking a load of rubbish and then YCAGWYW played.
Sounded like a Stones recording of it but only about 10 seconds was played in the news clip.
I'm pretty sure The Stones will not be too happy about it.

By the way.
I'm not talking politics here.
Just my opinion what he was talking about.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.
It is also wrong,in my opinion to play a song at a political rally,when The Stones have said in the past they don't want their song played there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-21 13:11 by crawdaddy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home