Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Getting ticket refunds from postponed concerts
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 14, 2020 13:20

Yes, that's my point exactly - does/can Ticketmaster keep track of this?

(The original tickets would no longer be valid, of course, but the fraudulent reseller obviously would have zero incentive to inform the "secondary buyer". If the show is not cancelled, the secondary buyer is stuck with an invalid ticket and no recourse.)

Again, this is all hypothetical. No clue whether it would be viable.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:02

mikey C
Going to get refunds Tuesday....for Nick cave/bad seeds....European tour canceled.....thought this may happen but alas not to be,,,,what a year! peace.M........I am exhausted.......let you know how that goes.....good night!

Than you mikey C, for lettig us know - I would not find out otherwise. I also have a ticket for the Prague show...

I am looking into my Ticketportal account and this transaction has "mysteriously" completely disappeared. I paid by card online and according to the official statement all the online payments sould have been returned authomatically the last week.

Guess what - of course I didn't get anything. I have the confirmation e-mail from ticketportal confirming the purchase and the succesfull payment, the bank statement, plus of course the ticket itself. I just wrote them an e-mail...

I hope I won't go through the same nightmare as with eventim.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 15:14 by Happy24.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:06

Happy24 - that one you can surely dispute through your bank if all else fails. You have proof of the transaction and you will also have proof of the fact that the show was cancelled.

Mysteriously disappeared order, eh?

I had a similar issue with a hotel reservation made through Hotels.com. I had kept the confirmation e-mail, but on my Hotels.com account, the reservation had just somehow disappeared when it got closer to the day of the supposed stay (which I had to cancel)

When I contacted the hotel itself, they still had it in their system and I was fortunately able to cancel it manually. But something fishy seemed to be going on with Hotels.com, the middle man. Even if I hadn't paid anything up-front.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 15:11 by Topi.

Date: December 14, 2020 15:13

Yes, Topi, you are most likely right. I just sincerely hope it won't be necessary.

Meanwhile I got a reply from them (really fast) that all payments were returned, that I should have it on my account in a couple of days. Sounds strange, I think this kind of transaction is done immediately, but I am not sure. Anyway, I will wait. Wish me good luck :-)

Date: December 15, 2020 12:09

I got the payment back today, so thankfuly I won't have any further trouble with it this time.

I have 4 more re-scheduled arena concerts between March and July 2021. I think it is clear now that none of it will happen. Hopefully the return process will go like this one.

I saw that just the last week Slipknot announced an arena tour for the next July, the tickets are on sale (GA on the arena floor). Can't see that actually happening. Not that I would be interested in Slipnkot, just caught my eye that big concerts for mid-2021 go on sale.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home