Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: Returning tickets for canceled shows via the German Eventim. Any experience?
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 21, 2020 17:08

MononoM
my experience with Eventim Germany is you need to contact your creditcard company. Its not so easy to get money back from Eventim itself... But your credit card company will send you the money back quickly smiling smiley)

It looks like you have done this before, so here is a question: The amount of money I paid with the card is for the tickets + the postage (35 Euro) + some booking fees. My guess is, that I can't demand the money for the postage, but can I demand only part of the payment, that was for the tickets? My understanding that the chargeback is pretty much for cancelling a certain transaction. Can I cancel only part of it? Or shall I not think too much about it and want the whole payment back? Not that I would feel bad - paying 35E for sending the tickets just accross the border is a total rip-off and I paid it many times before. On the other hand I don't want to do anything for what eventim could get back at me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-21 17:20 by Happy24.

Re: OT: Returning tickets for canceled shows via the German Eventim. Any experience?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 22, 2020 00:45

Happy24

My guess is, that I can't demand the money for the postage, but can I demand only part of the payment, that was for the tickets?

According to the German consumer protection organization [www.Verbraucherzentrale.de] - (15-May-2020, updated 25-May-2020):

"Q: What exactly do I get as a voucher / what can I use it for?

A: You will not automatically receive a voucher. You will have to ask the organizer to refund the amount you paid. He may refuse to do so once the new law has come into force and offer you a voucher instead. You will receive a so-called "value voucher". This will be valid for the amount you paid for the entrance fee and, if applicable, the advance booking fees and shipping costs. In the case of monthly, annual, season or season tickets, the amount of the voucher will be calculated in proportion to the value of the non-usable part."

"Q: What happens if an event is postponed but I cannot / do not want to attend on the alternative date?

A: In principle, you do not have to accept a postponement of a major event. In particular, if you do not have time on the new date, you can return the ticket, request a refund of the ticket price and, if applicable, the advance booking fees and shipping costs."

But from the FAQ of the final law (20-May-2020):

"The organisers are entitled to give holders of tickets for leisure events that had to or have to be cancelled due to the pandemic a voucher in the amount of the admission price instead of a refund." -- Department of Justice: [www.BMJV.de] - (PDF) , [www.BMJV.de] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-25 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2020 11:25

Well now that's interesting. You can get a refund for a postponed event but have to accept a voucher for a cancelled date???

Date: May 22, 2020 11:36

Yes, that's the way it is, except that I beleve that in reality one will be forced to accept a voucher for postponed dates too if one decides he won't keep the ticket. The important thing is, that it is said to be optional, but you as a custommer don't have the choice. It is only the ticket vendor, promoter or a travel agency, or whoever.

In our country they claim that it is because they want to protect your investment. I have no doubt it is the same in Germany.

Basically they (governments) say that we have to save our travel industry, showbusiness... whatever. In reality people who gave them their money are sentenced to "save" this or that, while others are not. If this is not a discrimination, I don't know what is.

Why am I feeling robbed, while the authorities tell me that I should feel protected?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-22 11:47 by Happy24.

OT (slightly) - The coronavirus pandemic shut down live music. Now fans just want their money back
Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: May 26, 2020 03:39

[www.vox.com]

All my concerts were postponed by the coronavirus, so why can’t I get a refund? It’s complicated....

Re: OT (slightly) - The coronavirus pandemic shut down live music. Now fans just want their money back
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2020 04:19

My Herb Alpert concert was rescheduled for a second time today, I have front row seats to see him next April 1st...I'm keeping the tickets.

That said, I can get a full refund just have to ask by end of June so not all concerts are having that problem.

Re: OT (slightly) - The coronavirus pandemic shut down live music. Now fans just want their money back
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 26, 2020 04:45

Ticketbastard and AXS are playing the public for fools. Ben Harper cancelled his tour for June and early July the middle of last week. I have been refunded by 3 different ticket services ALREADY.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: May 26, 2020 15:36

I was taking wife to George Benson in June and they've rescheduled for almost exactly a year down the road. Gimme back my money and I'll take a chance on getting another ticket nearer the time!eye rolling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Date: May 26, 2020 16:00

In some countries there is no chance getting back your money even for cancelled concerts - I have started a thread about it the last week. [iorr.org]
We are speaking about Germany of all countries.

I have been trying for almost two weeks to get my money from eventim.de for a cancelled concert with absolutely no result so far. The last time they at least answered my e-mail was on 14.5. They asked for barcode numbers of the tickets and I sent them immediately. Since then I am only getting authomatic confirmations that they recieved my e-mails. At the end of the week I will try the charge-back service of my card, as I was adviced here. Never done that before.

Other 3 concerts that I have tickets for were postponed and I am absolutely fine with that, I will keep my tickets. I think I am as patient as one can be. But with cancelled concerts? Getting a voucher? What?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-26 16:02 by Happy24.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 26, 2020 21:45

When it gets to this point and beyond it becomes not about the money but about principles.I had a ticket for Guns N Roses in London this coming weekend.I received an email from ticketmutherfxxcker saying nothing more than a new date would be announced and not to bother contacting them.This is extremely audacious and disrespectful to their customers and I personally hope that the people who make these decisions are rewarded accordingly.

Nate

Re: Getting ticket refunds from postponed concerts
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 27, 2020 13:26

A question that I have once everything comes to the "new normal " will folks be confident in shelling out large sums in $ or Euros and feel confident and secure with letting Live Nation, Ticketmaster , Stub Hub and the rest of the secondary ticketing agencies hold large sums of income in anticipation of a Live Event ?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: May 27, 2020 16:25

Happy24
MononoM
my experience with Eventim Germany is you need to contact your creditcard company. Its not so easy to get money back from Eventim itself... But your credit card company will send you the money back quickly smiling smiley)

It looks like you have done this before, so here is a question: The amount of money I paid with the card is for the tickets + the postage (35 Euro) + some booking fees. My guess is, that I can't demand the money for the postage, but can I demand only part of the payment, that was for the tickets? My understanding that the chargeback is pretty much for cancelling a certain transaction. Can I cancel only part of it? Or shall I not think too much about it and want the whole payment back? Not that I would feel bad - paying 35E for sending the tickets just accross the border is a total rip-off and I paid it many times before. On the other hand I don't want to do anything for what eventim could get back at me.

Just ask all your money back, you wont get any problems smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: May 27, 2020 18:02

So today I finaly got an answer from eventim.de - a generic nothing-saying e-mail in German! So I posted a chargeback request to my card provider. I wonder... but I have to say I am a bit sceptical...since there is that new law...

I realized that we have that law in our country too since the last week. For cancelled events people will get vouchers instead of money...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-27 18:38 by Happy24.

Date: May 29, 2020 17:17

So...eventim.de...

After trying to communicate with them for more than 3 weeks with absolutely no result, two days ago I asked my bank for a chargeback.

They were fast, I have to admit that. But that is all. They wrote me, that the vendor offered me a voucher and that they recommend me to accept it, since because of the current situation the chargeback would probably not be succesfull after I was offered a voucher.

That is not true! I was never offered even a voucher. I only got a generic e-mail in German language telling me, that the promoters can now also issue vouchers, if they decide so. And they sent a link to check the current status of the partickular event, where it still clearly says that "The promoter decided that you will receive a refund"

So more than one month since eventim.de sent me an e-mail with the cancellation of the event (23.4.), I still don't have my money, don't even have any voucher, wasn't even offered one. And the chargeback doesn't work either (of course I wrote them again, but well...)

So is it really so that one gets robbed? In Germany of all countries?

Date: May 29, 2020 17:55

Happy24

So is it really so that one gets robbed?

No, but it's complicated. According to the German law you'll get a Voucher, that's what Eventim will do and your Bank cannot chargeback the Money because the law prescribes a Voucher.

It's understandable that you want your Money back (instead of a Voucher) but it's complicated and you'll probably need a lawyer to solve this case. Only for plights is (according to the law) a refund possible, e.g. for those who cannot longer cover their living expenses.

"Many consumers complained that the ticket agent Eventim did not want to offer money or vouchers" - so there's now a sue by the German consumer protection organization against Eventim - [www.Verbraucherzentrale.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-29 18:35 by Irix.

Date: May 29, 2020 18:53

Irix, eventhough I think that that those vouchers are a huge rip-off, I would actually accept it, if I was offered one. But I was not.

I still think that in this case I should get my money back, since the general information at eventim is, that: "The promoter decides whether we can issue a refund or whether you will receive a voucher." and for that particular concert that I had tickets for it says: "The promoter decided that you will receive a refund."

[www.eventim.de]

But as I wrote, I wasn't even offered a voucher. I understand that they have a lot to deal with now and that one needs to be patient, but I can't help the feeling that eventim is just laughing at me.

I will think more than twice to use eventim ever again. But yeah, now I guess I should just wait. If in another let's say 2 months I won't get neither money or voucher, I will try the chargeback again.

Date: May 29, 2020 19:05

You could try to contact the Tour-Promoter (Live Nation ?) and complain that Eventim currently refuses Refunds or Vouchers.

The Vouchers are btw not insured - if Eventim gets bankrupt, the Voucher is worthless ....

Date: July 9, 2020 20:46

I would need an advice / help from somebody from Germany. Would anybody, please, post a link to the specific law about the vouchers?

The thing is, that first I tried for about a month to get a refund from eventim for a cancelled concert (see my posts above). After a month of getting nowhere I asked my bank for a chargeback. About three days after that, eventim changed the instructions and said that they would issue a voucher instead of the refund. So my bank wrote me, that I have to apply for the voucher.
So I did. According to the instructions, I had to send the filled return form together with the original tickets by physical post at their address (eventhough all information is stored under the order number and I sent it all to them several times, including the ticket barcode numbers).

But okay, I accepted that, paid for the post and more than a month ago I sent the return form together with the tickets.

Guess what? I still have nothing. I wrote them this week and they wrote back that I need to be patient... WTF? It's been going on for more than 2 months!

We in our country also have the law about vouchers and it says, that if the custommer doesn't get the voucher in a month after he asked for it, he must get the money.

So is it the same in the German version of the law? Would anyone, please, proveide a link to the law? With that, I would try to ask my bank for a chargeback again.

I would never believe, what a nightmare it would be... Eventim sucks big time.

Date: July 9, 2020 20:53

Happy24
I would need an advice / help from somebody from Germany. Would anybody, please, post a link to the specific law about the vouchers?

The thing is, that first I tried for about a month to get a refund from eventim for a cancelled concert (see my posts above). After a month of getting nowhere I asked my bank for a chargeback. About three days after that, eventim changed the instructions and said that they would issue a voucher instead of the refund. So my bank wrote me, that I have to apply for the voucher.
So I did. According to the instructions, I had to send the filled return form together with the original tickets by physical post at their address (eventhough all information is stored under the order number and I sent it all to them several times, including the ticket barcode numbers).

But okay, I accepted that, paid for the post and more than a month ago I sent the return form together with the tickets.

Guess what? I still have nothing. I wrote them this week and they wrote back that I need to be patient... WTF? It's been going on for more than 2 months!

We in our country also have the law about vouchers and it says, that if the custommer doesn't get the voucher in a month after he asked for it, he must get the money.

So is it the same in the German version of the law? Would anyone, please, proveide a link to the law? With that, I would try to ask my bank for a chargeback again.

The thing that jumped out at me is that they told you that you had to send them your tickets in order to process your return voucher ! Now they have your tickets and can bury there heads in the sand and claim ignorance and thus deny your refund/voucher . What recourse do you then have ? None , as they have your proof .That stinks , but doesn't surprise me at all .

Date: July 10, 2020 09:32

TheGreek
Happy24

The thing that jumped out at me is that they told you that you had to send them your tickets in order to process your return voucher ! Now they have your tickets and can bury there heads in the sand and claim ignorance and thus deny your refund/voucher . What recourse do you then have ? None , as they have your proof .That stinks , but doesn't surprise me at all .

I actually have a scan of those tickets. So if they pretend they didn't get them, I can offer to e-mail them. Plus all the needed data about the purchase is stored in my eventim account of course. Of course, they don't need those physical tickets, it is just another way to make it more difficult and more expensive for the custommer. Man, I can't count the time I already spent on this. The whole thing is sooo rotten. I am surprized other people don't report similar things here, since I guess all people dealing with eventim.de (and probably other vendors too) must go through the same experience.

Date: July 10, 2020 10:50

Happy24

The Text of the Law, officially published in the: Bundesgesetzblatt - (PDF with copyable Text).

Date: July 10, 2020 11:00

Here's an updated FAQ (4-Jun-2020) by the German consumer protection organization [www.Verbraucherzentrale.de] . This is just an FAQ, no law - in case of doubt, only a lawyer can help.

Another description of the legal text - [www.Haufe.de] . An FAQ by the German Departement of Justice - [www.BMJV.de] - (PDF).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 11:40 by Irix.

Date: July 10, 2020 12:53

Irix, thank you so much!! I would never believe that I would have to study a foreign law after I buy concert tickets.

Edit: Okay, so I went trhough it quickly and there is no such thing that the voucher must be issued within 30 days after I asked for it, as it is in our law. In other words - eventim can keep my money and tell me to be patient as long as they want. With this, I can't even ask my bank for the chargeback again. It is nice to know that the laws are here to protect the bastards against normal decent people.

I guess it will be a pretty strange and insecure feeling if I ever buy concert tickets again. I guess it will make me think more than twice to attend a concert abroad. If so, I will surely try to avoid eventim. But I guess other vendors won't be much better.

I think that this behaviour of the promoters and vendors will turn agains them in a long run, since I guess this will be one more reason a lot of people will be reluctant to buy concert tickets once the show business starts to return to normal.

But well, so far they robbed me for 220 Euro without providing any value whatsoever. Pure profit for them. If they do this to everyone, they are okay with people not buying tickets for many years...

Anyway - what are other people's experiences with ticket returns these days?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 13:24 by Happy24.

Date: July 10, 2020 13:35

Happy24
TheGreek
Happy24

I actually have a scan of those tickets. So if they pretend they didn't get them, I can offer to e-mail them. Plus all the needed data about the purchase is stored in my eventim account of course. Of course, they don't need those physical tickets, it is just another way to make it more difficult and more expensive for the custommer. Man, I can't count the time I already spent on this. The whole thing is sooo rotten. I am surprized other people don't report similar things here, since I guess all people dealing with eventim.de (and probably other vendors too) must go through the same experience.
I then wonder if people are holding on to there tickets in hopes of the tour being next year or are holding on to them as a souvenir ? It's a lot of money to be out of pocket on .

Date: July 10, 2020 13:41

Happy24
Irix, thank you so much!! I would never believe that I would have to study a foreign law after I buy concert tickets.

Edit: Okay, so I went trhough it quickly and there is no such thing that the voucher must be issued within 30 days after I asked for it, as it is in our law. In other words - eventim can keep my money and tell me to be patient as long as they want. With this, I can't even ask my bank for the chargeback again. It is nice to know that the laws are here to protect the bastards against normal decent people.

I guess it will be a pretty strange and insecure feeling if I ever buy concert tickets again. I guess it will make me think more than twice to attend a concert abroad. If so, I will surely try to avoid eventim. But I guess other vendors won't be much better. Exactly , that's the takeaway of the uneasy feeling to shell out again and worry if your going to be stiffed . Not really surprising as this was a pretty slimey industry to begin with , then factor in the Pandemic and Ticketbastard and there ilk are in panic mode as they see there business model crumbled and shredded and they are not letting go of any coin what so ever . Now going forward the consumer will wonder about cancellations and if they can get a refund ?

I think that this behaviour of the promoters and vendors will turn agains them in a long run, since I guess this will be one more reason a lot of people will be reluctant to buy concert tickets once the show business starts to return to normal.

But well, so far they robbed me for 220 Euro without providing any value whatsoever. Pure profit for them. If they do this to everyone, they are okay with people not buying tickets for many years...

Anyway - what are other people's experiences with ticket returns these days?
I messed up where my response is here , my posts starts with Exactly , that's the takeaway ( sorry for the mess )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 13:45 by TheGreek.

Date: July 10, 2020 14:35

Happy24

Edit: Okay, so I went trhough it quickly and there is no such thing that the voucher must be issued within 30 days after I asked for it, as it is in our law. In other words - eventim can keep my money and tell me to be patient as long as they want. With this, I can't even ask my bank for the chargeback again.

Yes, that's correct. And since you've sent Eventim back the original Tickets you've accepted the Voucher solution - it'll be now difficult to use the solution (by law) for plights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 14:55 by Irix.

Date: July 10, 2020 14:52

Irix
Happy24

Edit: Okay, so I went trhough it quickly and there is no such thing that the voucher must be issued within 30 days after I asked for it, as it is in our law. In other words - eventim can keep my money and tell me to be patient as long as they want. With this, I can't even ask my bank for the chargeback again.

Yes, that's correct. And since you've sent Eventim back the original Tickets you've accepted the Voucher solution - it'll be now difficult to use the solution (by law) for plights.

Thank you Irix for your help. I will of course not use any other law solutions. I will wait two more weeks, then try to ask my bank for a chargeback again and if it doesn't work, I will just accept that I was robbed. I am losing 220 Euro, which is quite a lot, but the time and nerves I spent on this already is worth more. It is a lesson for me. Not a cheap one, but there are worse things.

This is luckily the only concert that was cancelled. Other 5 concerts I was about to attend are postponed. So I am holding on to my tickets, hoping the concerts will take place the next year and that I won't go through this again because of other cancellations. I won't buy any other ticket at least until I successfully attend those events I already have tickets for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 14:53 by Happy24.

Date: July 10, 2020 15:00

Happy24

I will of course not use any other law solutions. I will wait two more weeks, then try to ask my bank for a chargeback again and if it doesn't work, I will just accept that I was robbed.

Your Bank will (probably) refuse the chargeback since you've now accepted the Voucher.

Looks like only patience can help. I know how it hurts losing money. In 1994 I lost money for the ticket of a unique concert because the Tour-Promoter went bankrupt, all the money was completely lost and even the lawyers could do nothing. More than 20 years later the artist remembered this case (due to a new concert in the same city as in 1994) and provided the fans a sweepstake for a new ticket if they send in a copy of their original ticket from 1994. I did so, but (of course) I didn't won a new ticket (and never heard if someone had really won) ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 15:10 by Irix.

Date: July 10, 2020 16:07

Well, just technically I don't think that by sending back the ticket I accepted the voucher. The process went exactly like this:

I filled an eventim web return form where I put my name, address, phone, e-amil and the barcode numbers of the tickets. I expected to recieve the voucher authomatically by e-mail. But no. Only a "Download" button appeared with instructions, that I should download the return form, print it and send it together with the tickets on the address, that is on the return form.

So I downloaded the form, which is a standard return form, it doesn't say anything about the voucher. It says exactly this:

"Return of the entrance tickets
Dear Sirs,
Enclosed are my undamaged original tickets for the event. Please contact the event organizer for the refund of these tickets"

Then there is my name, address, phone and e-mail, which was already filled. I only signed it.

Interesting, isn't it?

Plus another thing is, that sending back the tickets can not be seen as accepting the voucher, since there is no choice. The concert was cancelled, the tickets are useless. The customers were not asked to hold on to their ticket. I was explicitly informed by eventim that the event was cancelled and that I should fill the return form.

So those are the facts. But yeah, it is useless to meditate about exact meaning of words, since eventim can do apparently pretty much whatever they want and I can do nothing about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 16:09 by Happy24.

Date: July 10, 2020 16:35

Happy24

Plus another thing is, that sending back the tickets can not be seen as accepting the voucher, since there is no choice.

Yes, but there's the German law (at least valid for Eventim) and their choice #1 is the Voucher, the Refund is only possible in case of plights.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home