Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Returning tickets for canceled shows via the German Eventim. Any experience?
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 21, 2020 17:08

MononoM
my experience with Eventim Germany is you need to contact your creditcard company. Its not so easy to get money back from Eventim itself... But your credit card company will send you the money back quickly smiling smiley)

It looks like you have done this before, so here is a question: The amount of money I paid with the card is for the tickets + the postage (35 Euro) + some booking fees. My guess is, that I can't demand the money for the postage, but can I demand only part of the payment, that was for the tickets? My understanding that the chargeback is pretty much for cancelling a certain transaction. Can I cancel only part of it? Or shall I not think too much about it and want the whole payment back? Not that I would feel bad - paying 35E for sending the tickets just accross the border is a total rip-off and I paid it many times before. On the other hand I don't want to do anything for what eventim could get back at me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-21 17:20 by Happy24.

Re: OT: Returning tickets for canceled shows via the German Eventim. Any experience?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 22, 2020 00:45

Happy24

My guess is, that I can't demand the money for the postage, but can I demand only part of the payment, that was for the tickets?

According to the German consumer protection organization [www.Verbraucherzentrale.de] - (15-May-2020):

"Q: What exactly do I get as a voucher / what can I use it for?

A: You will not automatically receive a voucher. You will have to ask the organizer to refund the amount you paid. He may refuse to do so once the new law has come into force and offer you a voucher instead. You will receive a so-called "value voucher". This will be valid for the amount you paid for the entrance fee and, if applicable, the advance booking fees and shipping costs. In the case of monthly, annual, season or season tickets, the amount of the voucher will be calculated in proportion to the value of the non-usable part."

"Q: What happens if an event is postponed but I cannot / do not want to attend on the alternative date?

A: In principle, you do not have to accept a postponement of a major event. In particular, if you do not have time on the new date, you can return the ticket, request a refund of the ticket price and, if applicable, the advance booking fees and shipping costs."

But from the FAQ of the final law (20-May-2020):

"The organisers are entitled to give holders of tickets for leisure events that had to or have to be cancelled due to the pandemic a voucher in the amount of the admission price instead of a refund." -- Department of Justice: [www.BMJV.de] - (PDF) , [www.BMJV.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-22 01:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2020 11:25

Well now that's interesting. You can get a refund for a postponed event but have to accept a voucher for a cancelled date???

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 22, 2020 11:36

Yes, that's the way it is, except that I beleve that in reality one will be forced to accept a voucher for postponed dates too if one decides he won't keep the ticket. The important thing is, that it is said to be optional, but you as a custommer don't have the choice. It is only the ticket vendor, promoter or a travel agency, or whoever.

In our country they claim that it is because they want to protect your investment. I have no doubt it is the same in Germany.

Basically they (governments) say that we have to save our travel industry, showbusiness... whatever. In reality people who gave them their money are sentenced to "save" this or that, while others are not. If this is not a discrimination, I don't know what is.

Why am I feeling robbed, while the authorities tell me that I should feel protected?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-22 11:47 by Happy24.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 444
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home