Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435Next
Current Page: 33 of 35
Re: Steel Wheels Live - Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 21:18

Green Lady
ironbelly
Green Lady
How come therollingstonesshop.co.uk wants £18 for the 2CD+DVD when Amazon UK is demanding £45?
Where did you get £45?
Here is the link to DVD/2CD
[www.amazon.co.uk]
It is £23.98

[www.amazon.co.uk]

If you look carrefully none of these two listed on Amazon.co.uk are actually directly sold by Amazon.co.uk :

- Dispatched from and sold by A1tradingGB -> [www.amazon.co.uk]

- Dispatched from and sold by Chalkys UK. -> [www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 9, 2020 01:47

Just watched it, great show imho. My favourite part is the middle blues part, "Little Red Rooster" with Eric Clapton and "Boogie Chillen" with John Lee Hooker.. you can see that's why they started a band in the first place..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 9, 2020 09:26

Ordered one on ebay, a stand alone Blu Ray from Eagle Rock Europe. Nowhere did I see it noted if it was limited to a particular region for a Blu Ray player. Hope it's universal.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 9, 2020 11:42

ds1984
Green Lady
ironbelly
Green Lady
How come therollingstonesshop.co.uk wants £18 for the 2CD+DVD when Amazon UK is demanding £45?
Where did you get £45?
[www.amazon.co.uk]
It is £23.98

[www.amazon.co.uk]

If you look carrefully none of these two listed on Amazon.co.uk are actually directly sold by Amazon.co.uk :

- Dispatched from and sold by A1tradingGB -> [www.amazon.co.uk]

- Dispatched from and sold by Chalkys UK. -> [www.amazon.co.uk]
True. For some reason many formats are sold out or out of stock on amazon and official site.
Maybe they miscalculated demand or the pressing plants are not working on top capacity.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 9, 2020 18:49

>Hope it's universal.

Unlike DVDs, I believe blu-rays are universal in their format. Someone will correct me if i am wrong, I am sure.

jb

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 19:56

24FPS
Ordered one on ebay, a stand alone Blu Ray from Eagle Rock Europe. Nowhere did I see it noted if it was limited to a particular region for a Blu Ray player. Hope it's universal.

The Eagle Rock blurays are region free. I think the DVDs also. (Rolling Stones)

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 9, 2020 21:40

jbwelda
>Hope it's universal.

Unlike DVDs, I believe blu-rays are universal in their format. Someone will correct me if i am wrong, I am sure.

jb

Nope, there are also regional code restriction for BluRay : A B and C.

BUT this is not mandatory.

And Steel Wheels Live [Blu-ray] is certified all region playable.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2020 21:45

ds1984

And Steel Wheels Live [Blu-ray] is certified all region playable.

Yes, see here: [iorr.org] .

Date: October 12, 2020 02:13

Finally got to watch the first part of it last night. Just a totally different band. Bill IS Miss You. It really is the end of the Golden Era.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 12, 2020 07:06

24FPS
Finally got to watch the first part of it last night. Just a totally different band. Bill IS Miss You. It really is the end of the Golden Era.

Maybe so. But that year was the birth of major chapter in their history. If you attendedany show since 1989--then you simply owe a tip of the hat to all that happened during that period and what steps they took to recreate themselves to eventually bring you that show you saw. I've come to understand that year much better recently and appreciate how things changed--in the end, dare I say, maybe for the better.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 12, 2020 15:24

flairville
ironbelly
Green Lady
Where did you get £45?
[www.amazon.co.uk]
It is £23.98

It’s a lot cheaper at the official store as they don’t deliver until 2023.

My goodness, it's 2023 already. Doesn't time fly.

Date: October 12, 2020 21:07

Justin
24FPS

Maybe so. But that year was the birth of major chapter in their history. If you attendedany show since 1989--then you simply owe a tip of the hat to all that happened during that period and what steps they took to recreate themselves to eventually bring you that show you saw. I've come to understand that year much better recently and appreciate how things changed--in the end, dare I say, maybe for the better.

Maybe it became slicker, and more bombastic, but not necessarily better music wise. 1989-1990 was as slick as a Stones concert ever should be. The only 'improvement' was the B Stage used in the 90s and the Licks Tour. And of course the legendary arena concerts on the No Security shows in '99. The music was never better in the post Wyman Era. It was a chemistry thing that slowly faded, and was never regained. Keith IS the essential guitarist for the Stones. Charlie IS the essential drummer. And Bill IS/WAS/ALWAYS WILL BE the essential bassist for the Stones.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 12, 2020 21:57

They corrected the beginnings of salt of the earth and can"t be seen...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 12, 2020 22:38

Green Lady
flairville
ironbelly
Green Lady
Where did you get £45?
[www.amazon.co.uk]
It is £23.98

It’s a lot cheaper at the official store as they don’t deliver until 2023.

My goodness, it's 2023 already. Doesn't time fly.

Lucky you, I'm still waiting on them sending my Goats Head Soup order from August.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 12, 2020 23:57

Two official videos out on Youtube so far as I can see. Good quality, 1080 p:

- Rambler: [www.youtube.com]

- Mixed Emotions: [www.youtube.com]

Enjoy!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 13, 2020 00:00

24FPS
Justin
24FPS

Maybe it became slicker, and more bombastic, but not necessarily better music wise. 1989-1990 was as slick as a Stones concert ever should be. The only 'improvement' was the B Stage used in the 90s and the Licks Tour. And of course the legendary arena concerts on the No Security shows in '99. The music was never better in the post Wyman Era. It was a chemistry thing that slowly faded, and was never regained. Keith IS the essential guitarist for the Stones. Charlie IS the essential drummer. And Bill IS/WAS/ALWAYS WILL BE the essential bassist for the Stones.
About Bill ... of course I understand what you are saying, but Bill is gone and Darryl just different, as it should be.
Of course I prefer the Stones with Bill, but Darryl also enjoyed it a lot. They are different things, but not negative for that.
After all Bill has often sold his bass to Keith or Mick T. and then a lot to Ronnie ... having played bass myself for years, when I heard Emotional Rescue, I thought how great Bill was, only to discover years later that those fantastic bass lines were by Ronnie, the same thing happened with Fingerprint File, where I discovered that the bass was played by Mick T., not even in Love You Live it was Bill who played, but Ronnie.
This is not to detract from Bill, who has historically done a great job, but nevertheless was never very present in the last 20 years in the band.

Date: October 13, 2020 00:18

Testify
This is not to detract from Bill, who has historically done a great job, but nevertheless was never very present in the last 20 years in the band

I don't know if Bill should be blamed for that. He kept office hours, Keith and Ronnie did junkie hours.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 13, 2020 01:03

Stoneage

Enjoy!

Right after Ronnie's solo someone really hits a bad chord!

His solo from the... Toronto? show that was on MTV Awards was a lot better, as well as the end of the song.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 13, 2020 01:35

Testify
24FPS
Justin
24FPS

About Bill ... of course I understand what you are saying, but Bill is gone and Darryl just different, as it should be.
Of course I prefer the Stones with Bill, but Darryl also enjoyed it a lot. They are different things, but not negative for that.
After all Bill has often sold his bass to Keith or Mick T. and then a lot to Ronnie ... having played bass myself for years, when I heard Emotional Rescue, I thought how great Bill was, only to discover years later that those fantastic bass lines were by Ronnie, the same thing happened with Fingerprint File, where I discovered that the bass was played by Mick T., not even in Love You Live it was Bill who played, but Ronnie.
This is not to detract from Bill, who has historically done a great job, but nevertheless was never very present in the last 20 years in the band.

Bill looks very sombre in One Plus One after he's relegated to percussion in a "major motion picture" about the band in the studio.

Date: October 13, 2020 06:59

This is not to detract from Bill, who has historically done a great job, but nevertheless was never very present in the last 20 years in the band. - Testify

Last twenty years in the band? Last recording with Bill was what, 1991? So, 1971-1991 Bill was never very present. Rocks Off, Angie, Miss You, Just My Imagination, She's So Cold, Start Me Up, Harlem Shuffle, 9 tours around the world. Yeah, he was barely there, no impact.

Date: October 13, 2020 15:01

Stoneage

Enjoy!

One more: Ruby Tuesday: [www.youtube.com]

Good picture quality and a good sound. Clear, crisp guitars, Bill's distinctive bass and Jagger's voice is still intact. And the girls are hotter than hell. Those were the days...

Date: October 13, 2020 15:12

Listening to Terrifying right now. A fantastic version thumbs up

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 13, 2020 19:20

24FPS

And I prefer Darryl for Miss You. I guess it's hard when a band has been together so long with lineup changes.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: October 14, 2020 00:10

Stoneage
Stoneage

Enjoy!

One more: Ruby Tuesday: [www.youtube.com]

Good picture quality and a good sound. Clear, crisp guitars, Bill's distinctive bass and Jagger's voice is still intact. And the girls are hotter than hell. Those were the days...

Bill’s distinctive bass, yes, but sadly mixed too low. The same as all the recorded shows from these two last tours of his. I wonder if it has got something to do with his live stage sound. The rumble is gone. Still Charlie’s drumsound is very good. The rest of the production as well... And yes! The girls are hot! Both vocally and visual!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: October 14, 2020 05:31

dennycranium
24FPS

And I prefer Darryl for Miss You. I guess it's hard when a band has been together so long with lineup changes.

But there's nothing there but noodling. Bill's bass IS Miss You. It's not like Darryl improved on, made it funkier than it already was. Hell, just listen to Bill on Atlantic City.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2020 01:17

This FINALLY came! I got the SD blu-ray/CD set. Man, what memories. I videotaped the re-broadcast in 1990 off of Muchmusic (yes I still have those 3D glasses) and watched it so... many... times! If you knew me in highschool and came to my house, you saw the 17-song edited special.

I still think they played Miss You way, WAY too fast in 89/90! Hahah

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 21, 2020 02:06

What's the source for the interview on RARE REELS? And that's exclusive to Japanese edition?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 21, 2020 12:25

Glam Descendant

What's the source for the interview on RARE REELS? And that's exclusive to Japanese edition?

"CD3 contains the interview material from the 1989 promo CD as a bonus material for the Japanese edition only." -- [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] . Maybe that's the interview-source: [www.Discogs.com] ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-21 12:50 by Irix.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 21, 2020 12:30

24FPS
dennycranium
24FPS

But there's nothing there but noodling. Bill's bass IS Miss You. It's not like Darryl improved on, made it funkier than it already was. Hell, just listen to Bill on Atlantic City.

It's like the first opening bars of Undercover, that rumbling, almost trainwrecked-gonna-fall-apart-any-minute-cushion he and Charlie provide... I sit in my chair watching and when it starts it's like ya wanna dance around with the guitar. Amazing stuff! I love Darryl too, but that particular swing... Mmmmmmmsmoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-21 12:31 by MadMax.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: October 21, 2020 13:27

jamesfdouglas
This FINALLY came! I got the SD blu-ray/CD set. Man, what memories. I videotaped the re-broadcast in 1990 off of Muchmusic (yes I still have those 3D glasses) and watched it so... many... times! If you knew me in highschool and came to my house, you saw the 17-song edited special.

I still think they played Miss You way, WAY too fast in 89/90! Hahah

It's also ruined by Matt Clifford's synthesised harmonica sound

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435Next
Current Page: 33 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home