Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 35
Re: Steel Wheels Live - Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 26, 2020 16:13

My first impression about the sound, compared to the original PPV, is that the guitars are highlighted and prominent in the mix. I guess they are enhanced too.
That is the main difference between the two recordings. One may be better sounding, one may be closer to reality. Let your own ears decide...

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 26, 2020 16:20

It’s now streaming thumbs up has

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 26, 2020 17:02

I just wonder what they were trying to hide from us making dips is frequency spectrum at ~3 kHz and ~4.2 kHz

And this is from TSP bootleg. No candy either.

And for those who claim the old bootleg is better. It is compressed and brickwalled too. But the height of the wall is slightly lower winking smiley.

New Sad, Sad, Sad

Sad, Sad, Sad from TSP

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 26, 2020 18:27

MelBelli
It’s now streaming thumbs up has

Nice to be able to really hear Ronnie's winding licks. Nice beginning - no boom, just the riff.

Date: September 26, 2020 18:35

Wow - Keith on Bitch. I guess I haven't listened to it in a while but... or the audio wasn't very good, I dunno, but is that the same Keith that had just excellently played Start Me Up?

Date: September 26, 2020 18:39

Undercover Of The Night is live! No overdubs like on the B-side.

Date: September 26, 2020 18:42

Just listened to the UOTN live B-side on YouTube and then listened to it from ATLANTIC CITY and... the Spotify version is so dull sounding. Obviously the B-side was for a live album where as this is preserved as the live show.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 26, 2020 18:51

einte
Same problem here images freeze several times on SD Blu-Ray
No problem with the dvd

I just sent my deluxe-package back to Amazon. I hope that the replacement will contain a running Blu-Ray.

Great deal on Atlantic City.............
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 25, 2020 16:43

Chalky's UK...... If you look closely at this under the red click and collect it says "Pay only £17.98 (show me how)............... [iwAAOSwn9Vfav3l" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.co.uk]

After I bought it my Ebay page still said £22.98 but in fact only £17.98 went from my paypal account.

There's also a Chalky's USA ....It doesn't say they are doing a deal but they're still quite cheap... [www.ebay.co.uk]

Re: Great deal on Atlantic City.............
Date: September 25, 2020 17:04

Where you got that click and collect?
Maybe it works for the UK, but I can't see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-25 17:13 by ironbelly.

Date: September 25, 2020 17:57

ironbelly

If I click on that top link above, here again, [www.ebay.co.uk] ... just to the left of centre it says click and collect, well, just under that is another link that says..... Pay only £17.98 (show me how) ....

Where are you?....maybe you don't get that page from outside the UK?

Date: September 25, 2020 18:08

EddieByword
ironbelly

If I click on that top link above, here again, [www.ebay.co.uk] ... just to the left of centre it says click and collect, well, just under that is another link that says..... Pay only £17.98 (show me how) ....

I am in Portugal and there is nothing that looks like click and collect. Maybe that is for UK customers only. Without that discount the price with P&P would be only 2-3 € lower than from local sellers or amazon fr. Not a groundbreaking deal.

Date: September 25, 2020 18:55

ironbelly
EddieByword
ironbelly

I am in Portugal and there is nothing that looks like click and collect. Maybe that is for UK customers only. Without that discount the price with P&P would be only 2-3 € lower than from local sellers or amazon fr. Not a groundbreaking deal.

Fair enough but as I said, I can only say about what's available in the Uk............23% discount is pretty good.......

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 25, 2020 19:56

Here in California, when I open page I see the price at £22.48 (w/ £2.00 delivery to United States), and below that "Take £4.50 off this item [Show me how]" which then gives a code:

If anyone wants or can use this, here it is:

CODE: POPUPSEPT20
Enter at checkout to redeem
Expires 28 Sept.2020

On Amazon US, there seems to be another decent looking deal for the Steel Wheels Live (Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989) [3CD/2DVD/Blu-ray Deluxe Edition] > RS/SW at $47.91 w/ $3.99 shipping.
Sort of tempting, but not sure I'm that really that interested in this package (yet)...maybe when the price drops even further...by another 50% or so....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-25 19:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 25, 2020 23:18

Amazon in US just sent me an email for the Atlantic City Deluxe for $55.
Figures - I had just bought the Blu-Ray/2CD.

Posted by: Snab ()
Date: September 25, 2020 23:42

DEmerson
Amazon in US just sent me an email for the Atlantic City Deluxe for $55.
Figures - I had just bought the Blu-Ray/2CD.

Cancel your order if it has not shipped and reorder the deluxe.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2020 14:24

Hairball
Here in California, when I open page I see the price at £22.48 (w/ £2.00 delivery to United States), and below that "Take £4.50 off this item [Show me how]" which then gives a code:

If anyone wants or can use this, here it is:

CODE: POPUPSEPT20
Enter at checkout to redeem
Expires 28 Sept.2020

On Amazon US, there seems to be another decent looking deal for the Steel Wheels Live (Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989) [3CD/2DVD/Blu-ray Deluxe Edition] > RS/SW at $47.91 w/ $3.99 shipping.
Sort of tempting, but not sure I'm that really that interested in this package (yet)...maybe when the price drops even further...by another 50% or so....

The usual Hairball strategy.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2020 14:26

none of these beat the Super Deluxe from Amazon.de. At least at the original price.

plexi

Date: September 26, 2020 19:02

At 5:08 onward is She's A Rainbow in the segue from 2000 Light Years... no wonder no one understood. From various other bootlegs I don't ever recall hear

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 26, 2020 19:20

Personally the 3cd/2dvd/bluray that dont work set is worth about twenty bucks to me...will wait until i can get it somewhere in that range. This set is not in any way essential to me especially after reviewing the bootleg I own. I like the colored vinyl but again, I like it about 20 or 30 dollars worth.

jb

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 26, 2020 19:41

Mix is good to me.
But tons of reverb. Sad sad sad...

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: September 26, 2020 20:24

I'm very pleased with this release, sound and video are ok, one thing, sd blu-ray work on my blu-ray player, but doesn't work on the PlayStation 4...

Posted by: AV83 ()
Date: September 26, 2020 21:11

georgemcdonnell314

Isn't the Wolfgangs vault the same mix as the PPV version?

I think it's a different one.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 26, 2020 21:46

I'm listening to this now. Sounds great. Really like Salt of the Earth with Axl & Izzy. Axl sounds great. Keith's backing vocals on Ruby Tuesday are awesome. Things sure did get professional in 1989, which is good some ways, not so much others. Things were a lot looser in 1981-82. I mostly listen to stuff from 1981-82 back but not exclusively. I kind of like my Stones a little more raggedy, haha. Also, notice Bill is way down in the mix on some of it. Funny how that works!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-26 23:04 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: dcarey ()
Date: September 26, 2020 22:57

In the Mixed Emotion video, the only brief shots of Bill Wyman appear to be about a mile away

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: September 26, 2020 23:09

ironbelly
I just wonder what they were trying to hide from us making dips is frequency spectrum at ~3 kHz and ~4.2 kHz

And this is from TSP bootleg. No candy either.

And for those who claim the old bootleg is better. It is compressed and brickwalled too. But the height of the wall is slightly lower winking smiley.

New Sad, Sad, Sad

Sad, Sad, Sad from TSP

The boot is a 30 years old FM / TV recording - there was now things like modern CD brickwalling ...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 26, 2020 23:17

Anyone else notice bonus cd 3 with the Toronto & London tracks is way heavy on bass and almost unbearable? I compared them to other releases I have and sent the new digitals directly to the recycle bin. Which really sucks since it was one of the main reasons I went with the super dee-duper deluxe bonus just-gotta-have-it set! angry smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-26 23:39 by shadooby.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2020 23:27

Strolled in to my local record store after the Record Store Day commotion settled down, and was happy to see a single copy of the Stones RSD 10" single still sitting there.
For $16.99, and it's quite nice looking both front and back, and is a nice new addition along with the colored Ghost Town vinyl, and the colored She's a Rainbow vinyl.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 27, 2020 00:11

Received my Steel Wheels Live (6 discs) by Amazon today. Yesterday I already listened to Atlantic City on Spotify.

Listening now to the bonus disc CD and Tokyo Dome DVD.

Bonus disc:
Same clear channel left and right Ronnie and Keith as on Steel Wheels Live.
But hearing the crowd is really unbearable. In total the sound is not quite right.

Dead Flowers: Mick too low in the mix. Almost cannot hear the acoustic guitar. And this song drives on the acoustic part.

Tokyo Dome DVD:
Mick on guitar on Sad Sad Sad is more upfront, just behind Ronnie and Keith in the mix.

So, great live document Steel Wheels Live (6 discs version), musically fantastic, and I love the artwork, but a mixed quality of mixing and mastering, though the clear seperation thus hearing every instrument is great.

It is as if since A Bigger Bang the Stones don't care about the sound anymore.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 27, 2020 00:16

RobertJohnson
einte
Same problem here images freeze several times on SD Blu-Ray
No problem with the dvd

I just sent my deluxe-package back to Amazon. I hope that the replacement will contain a running Blu-Ray.

Check the play side to see if it's scratched. Before I opened mine I noticed something bouncing around in the box, I figured it was marbles like in the Pink Floyd Immersion sets or something only to find that 3 of my discs were dancing around loose in the box after coming out of the useless cardboard sleeves. Wouldn't ya know 2 had obvious scratches. I'm gonna spend the rest of the weekend listening and viewing then decide if it's going back to amazon. How freakin' disappointing especially since I've ben looking forward to this one for 2 months!!!
yawning smileyangry smileyconfused smileythumbs downthumbs down

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-27 00:21 by shadooby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home