Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 35
Re: Steel Wheels Live - Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:50

If I remember well the TV show (26 feb.) sounded cleaner and the videoshow (24 feb.) a bit rougher. That's what I remember from the Vinyl Gang boots, but maybe this is different with the official dvd's and cd's (which I only watched and listened to once).

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 11, 2020 00:04

Steel Wheels Live: Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989 [Import 4LP]

Available on RECORD STORE DAY September 25. 2020 (other Steel Wheels Live also available on Record Store Day)

[recordstoreday.com]

Date: August 11, 2020 00:14

ALSO AVAILBLE ON RECORD STORE DAY

Event: RSD DROPS 2020
Release Date: 9/26/2020
Format: 10" Vinyl
Label: Eagle Rock
Quantity: 2500
Release type: RSD Drops Sep 26th

These live tracks from The Rolling Stones have never been commercially available before. "Rock In A Hard Place" was recorded live in Atlantic City and "Almost Hear You Sign" in Tokyo.

"Rock And A Hard Place"/"Almost Hear You Sigh"

Date: August 11, 2020 00:28

Date: August 11, 2020 00:32

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 11, 2020 10:36

schillid

I agree it is great work. Brilliant.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 11, 2020 14:04

Clever, maybe.
Not brilliant.

Re: Steel Wheels Live" Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 11, 2020 16:42

vertigojoe

I can’t agree. Two shows at Manchester on the urban jungle tour was my introduction to Live Stones, I was too young for ‘82. The disappointment of the muted guitars, parpy keyboards, shocking clothes and lack of any danger/spontaneity I remember to this day. Set the template for all tours since then. Essentially it marked Keith’s demotion from band leader to cartoon character OMG HES STILL ALIVE caricature. A role I’m disappointed he was happy to take, but understand as he’d tasted life outside the gilded cage and clearly didn’t fancy it long term. So no I won’t be joining in this celebrations but good luck to anybody who enjoys it.

You're mostly right BUT AC is by far the best show of the 89/90 period (along with the opening show of the tour - Aug 31 iirc - where they were so scared of returning to a live audience for the 1st time in 8 years that they gave everything they had).
To me AC is a hugely enjoyable gig with terrific versions of SFTD and GS.

Okay the 1994 tour was more organic and less "stiff" but I'd take AC'89 over Miami'94 any day.

Date: August 11, 2020 16:45

dcba
vertigojoe

I can’t agree. Two shows at Manchester on the urban jungle tour was my introduction to Live Stones, I was too young for ‘82. The disappointment of the muted guitars, parpy keyboards, shocking clothes and lack of any danger/spontaneity I remember to this day. Set the template for all tours since then. Essentially it marked Keith’s demotion from band leader to cartoon character OMG HES STILL ALIVE caricature. A role I’m disappointed he was happy to take, but understand as he’d tasted life outside the gilded cage and clearly didn’t fancy it long term. So no I won’t be joining in this celebrations but good luck to anybody who enjoys it.

You're mostly right BUT AC is by far the best show of the 89/90 period (along with the opening show of the tour - Aug 31 iirc - where they were so scared of returning to a live audience for the 1st time in 8 years that they gave everything they had).

Okay the 1994 tour was more organic and less "stiff" but I'd take AC'89 over Miami'94 any day.

There's really no contest. AC is really a superb show. One of the best renditions of MR ever, imo (yes, even compared to the 69-73-versions).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2020 17:49

exilestones

These live tracks from The Rolling Stones have never been commercially available before. "Rock In A Hard Place" was recorded live in Atlantic City and "Almost Hear You Sign" in Tokyo.

Ah, those two songs from those shows. OK. Well that's just great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-11 17:51 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 17:57

GasLightStreet
exilestones

If AHYS is from February 24 this statement should be right?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 11, 2020 18:04

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
exilestones

No. Because 24.02.1990 was available on 2CD/DVD combo WARD records GQBS-90274~6 From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24
(and deluxe DVD/2CD/3LP WRDZZ-531)

Date: August 11, 2020 19:24

ironbelly
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
exilestones

No. Because 24.02.1990 was available on 2CD/DVD combo WARD records GQBS-90274~6 From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24
(and deluxe DVD/2CD/3LP WRDZZ-531)

Yeahh but they don't count japanese only releases. Otherwise they wouldn't announce the February 24 as an deluxe Version exclusive. And it's true it was never been available in those markets where they sell those record store das releases...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 11, 2020 20:07

dcba
vertigojoe

On this I totally agree, AC was a fantastic concert regardless of the tour!
Miami'94 was instead one of the worst concerts of the VL tour, they should have chosen other concerts for the official DVD.

Date: August 11, 2020 20:13

Testify
dcba
vertigojoe

On this I totally agree, AC was a fantastic concert regardless of the tour!
Miami'94 was instead one of the worst concerts of the VL tour, they should have chosen other concerts for the official DVD.

A bad show and the by far worst mix there has ever been for an official stones release.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 21:24

hockenheim95

A bad show and the by far worst mix there has ever been for an official stones release.

Marquee, L&G are very weak too ... eye rolling smiley

Date: August 11, 2020 21:42

I am wondering why they did not give us the 3D rebroadcast of this show. It would seem that would be an easy extra to add.

Personally I thought the 3D mix was better than the PPV mix.

Or, I wonder why they did not give us the IMAX show but I guess that will be another remix/ remaster that we will have to pay for again.

I just don't understand why they can't give us a little extra. I guess they are just trying to make us pay for the same thing over and over and I find it very discouraging to say the least.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:59

georgemcdonnell314
I am wondering why they did not give us the 3D rebroadcast of this show. It would seem that would be an easy extra to add.

Personally I thought the 3D mix was better than the PPV mix.

Or, I wonder why they did not give us the IMAX show but I guess that will be another remix/ remaster that we will have to pay for again.

I just don't understand why they can't give us a little extra. I guess they are just trying to make us pay for the same thing over and over and I find it very discouraging to say the least.

You think AC has been released officially before ? I must have
missed it, so I'm looking forward to this release.
Nobody is forced to pay...just skip this release if you don't want it.

Date: August 12, 2020 01:53

On this tour both Keith and Ronnie played two white guitars, it seems to me you see well on SSS or HS and many other songs. What guitars are they? I don't seem to have seen them on other tours except perhaps sporadically.

Date: August 12, 2020 08:06

Testify
On this tour both Keith and Ronnie played two white guitars, it seems to me you see well on SSS or HS and many other songs. What guitars are they? I don't seem to have seen them on other tours except perhaps sporadically.

The Music Man Silhouettes. Keith used the black one on the Winos tours in 1992/93. Haven't seen them since.

Date: August 12, 2020 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Testify

The Music Man Silhouettes. Keith used the black one on the Winos tours in 1992/93. Haven't seen them since.
In fact, I haven't seen these guitars anymore either, these white guitars have been played a lot on the SW tour.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 12, 2020 17:45

Blows my mind that Steel Wheels is farther in the past now than 1962 was at the time Steel Wheels happened.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 12, 2020 18:00

Send It To me

Blows my mind that Steel Wheels is farther in the past now than 1962 was at the time Steel Wheels happened.

.... in the middle between 1st Marquee Club and the release of Blue & Lonesome ....

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:22

PalaisRoyale
Is one performance (Tokyo) better then the other or splitting hairs?
i have both and the video quality is a bit better on the 26.2 show. Audio and playingwise its pretty even. the shows are almost copies of each other. Same set, nothing really sets them apart even playing wise. Both are strong shows.

Date: August 12, 2020 23:26

PalaisRoyale
Is one performance (Tokyo) better then the other or splitting hairs?

I thought the 24th was a hotter show than the 26th.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 13, 2020 11:08

Irix
Send It To me

.... in the middle between 1st Marquee Club and the release of Blue & Lonesome ....

Wow. Steel Wheels timewise in the middle between Marquee Club and B&L. And they are still touring. Hopefully.

Date: August 13, 2020 13:52

I just don't understand why they can't give us a little extra. I guess they are just trying to make us pay for the same thing over and over and I find it very discouraging to say the least.[/quote]

By my count there are at least ten available soundboards from 1989-90 that they could release.

Date: August 13, 2020 14:36

BOBM

By my count there are at least ten available soundboards from 1989-90 that they could release.[/quote]

Aren't the bonus tracks from another show + the not wordwide released Tokyo-show "a little extra"?

Date: August 13, 2020 18:46

DandelionPowderman
BOBM

By my count there are at least ten available soundboards from 1989-90 that they could release.

Aren't the bonus tracks from anot her show + the not wordwide released Tokyo-show "a little extra"?[/quote] I am not the discouraged one. I was trying to quote another reply and reply to it. The :I just don't understand ..." sentence is not mine. I agree that AC is a nice release, and also that there are some nice bonus tracks.

Date: August 13, 2020 20:20

The quote function is 'out of control!' grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home