Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 35
Re: Steel Wheels Live - Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:37

I always felt it is a bit strange that multi-millionaires play SFM to to more or less wealthy audiences (including me)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:05

slewan
I always felt it is a bit strange that multi-millionaires play SFM to to more or less wealthy audiences (including me)

Yes, but the lyrics show Mick's impotence when he realizes he really can't do anything but sing.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:27

Its a song folks, not really a statement anymore. And Jagger stopped enunciating lyrics a long time ago, so its not like its a message either. Just a song, might as well be la la we lalalalove you.

jb

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 7, 2020 00:25

When I saw B.B.King in concert too, I was amazed to hear those lyrics and then see him leave the building in a limousine at the end of the concert.

Re: Steel Wheels Live" Atlantic City - out September 25
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 7, 2020 13:55

Testify

It was also the first tour for me, I too was too young in 81-82, it was a great concert for me, I saw them in Turin and it was a great emotion, my first time .... but if I have to analyze it today, there is no comparison with the VL tour. The VL tour was great for me, they played free from technicalities. But in 89.90 they hadn't played together for a few years, there was new technology and they were a little Pink Floyd style, however they did fantastic concerts, but too perfect for my taste.

Turin was my first Stones' show for the same reason

At the time Torino blew me away. Probably that 8 year wait - almost a lifetime! - had much to do with it.

But I rember having your exact feelings after seeing them again in Paris 95 (my second concert): the band seemed to be looser and the guitars more upfront.

That said, some time ago, cleaning up my boot boxes, I bumped into an old recording of Torino 90 - very good sound quality - Put it on at max volume and once again I was blown away: pure ragged rock and roll as it should be!

Memory tends to play jokes!

C

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 7, 2020 17:21

UKRod
So, looking at the 6 Disc version, I already have the Stones in Tokyo 1990 CDs and DVD issued as a Vaults version back in 2012. What is the difference with the new Tokyo 1990 disc on the Steel Wheels package? Are there extra songs? Does anybody know?

In addition to shows from the 24th and 26th, both of which have been released, there is a third show that was professionally filmed. That one is from the 27th and my hope is this is the one that will be on the new release. This show has one change in the set list: Angie instead of Almost Hear You Sigh.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 7, 2020 17:33

BOBM
UKRod
So, looking at the 6 Disc version, I already have the Stones in Tokyo 1990 CDs and DVD issued as a Vaults version back in 2012. What is the difference with the new Tokyo 1990 disc on the Steel Wheels package? Are there extra songs? Does anybody know?

In addition to shows from the 24th and 26th, both of which have been released, there is a third show that was professionally filmed. That one is from the 27th and my hope is this is the one that will be on the new release. This show has one change in the set list: Angie instead of Almost Hear You Sigh.

It is sadly confirmed that it is the February 24 show

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2020 17:35

hockenheim95

It is sadly confirmed that it is the February 24 show

Yes, see here: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] . Google Chrome/Translate or DeepL.com help with the Japanese.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 8, 2020 01:39

Sounds like you're getting the same disc again then? No longer "Almost hear you Sigh" It's now "I heard you sigh"!"

So, looking at the 6 Disc version, I already have the Stones in Tokyo 1990 CDs and DVD issued as a Vaults version back in 2012. What is the difference with the new Tokyo 1990 disc on the Steel Wheels package? Are there extra songs? Does anybody know?[/quote]

In addition to shows from the 24th and 26th, both of which have been released, there is a third show that was professionally filmed. That one is from the 27th and my hope is this is the one that will be on the new release. This show has one change in the set list: Angie instead of Almost Hear You Sigh.[/quote]

Date: August 8, 2020 02:02

Everyone has the show from the 24th that was a Japan only release? I don't, and I'm looking forward to that one as well. Nice addition.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 8, 2020 02:55

DandelionPowderman
Everyone has the show from the 24th that was a Japan only release? I don't, and I'm looking forward to that one as well. Nice addition.
You can have it if you know magic word torrent winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 8, 2020 09:18

Well they are doing this kind of thing twice next month -- GHS Super Deluxe will have Brussels Affair as was released previously and now this one which will include a show also released previously. But for me,they will both be bonuses as I've never owned the official releases prior to these, just boots. And, I'm getting both packages at a steep discount-- GHS for 19 euros and Steel Wheels Live for less than 25 euros.

plexi

Date: August 8, 2020 12:00

timbernardis
Well they are doing this kind of thing twice next month -- GHS Super Deluxe will have Brussels Affair as was released previously and now this one which will include a show also released previously. But for me,they will both be bonuses as I've never owned the official releases prior to these, just boots. And, I'm getting both packages at a steep discount-- GHS for 19 euros and Steel Wheels Live for less than 25 euros.

plexi

Which boot had this Brussels-show?

In addition to that other well-known Brussels-show I had a boot called 'Heading For An Overload'. Did that one contain tracks from the official Brussels, or am I mixing things up?

It probably was a show we didn't have on bootleg, methinks.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 8, 2020 12:45

slewan

I think Elton John passed a similar comment to John Lennon and Yoko Ono, pertaining to "Imagine no possessions". At the time, Elton saw Yoko's wardrobe and a myriad of fur coats. He also heard that John and Yoko both invested in cattle in upstate New York.

Date: August 8, 2020 14:44

DandelionPowderman
timbernardis

plexi

In addition to that other well-known Brussels-show I had a boot called 'Heading For An Overload'. Did that one contain tracks from the official Brussels, or am I mixing things up?

Brussels was discussed on the other thread - for Goats Head Soup release and elsewhere.
[iorr.org]
Bootlegs like 'Heading For An Overload' are sourced from the 1st (afternoon( show. They share 3 tracks with official release - Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, Street Fighting Man. Also solo from All Down The Line from the 1st show is implanted into the track from the 2nd (evening) show. The rest of the official release came from the 2nd show.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 8, 2020 14:49

liddas
Testify

It was also the first tour for me, I too was too young in 81-82, it was a great concert for me, I saw them in Turin and it was a great emotion, my first time .... but if I have to analyze it today, there is no comparison with the VL tour. The VL tour was great for me, they played free from technicalities. But in 89.90 they hadn't played together for a few years, there was new technology and they were a little Pink Floyd style, however they did fantastic concerts, but too perfect for my taste.

Turin was my first Stones' show for the same reason

At the time Torino blew me away. Probably that 8 year wait - almost a lifetime! - had much to do with it.

But I rember having your exact feelings after seeing them again in Paris 95 (my second concert): the band seemed to be looser and the guitars more upfront.

That said, some time ago, cleaning up my boot boxes, I bumped into an old recording of Torino 90 - very good sound quality - Put it on at max volume and once again I was blown away: pure ragged rock and roll as it should be!

Memory tends to play jokes!

C

Torino 90 was the first for me too, and for the very same reasons. I remember in 1982 watching the world cup final with my elder brother and his friends with their backbags ready to go to Turin for the second concert on july 12. I was too young and my mum wont let me. actually i did not know them at the time, just wanted to go with the elders, but that prohibition triggered my curiosity and in a couple of days Still Life was spinning on my turntable, endlessly. 8 years later I finally got my satisfaction spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-08 14:55 by maumau.

Date: August 8, 2020 14:58

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
timbernardis

plexi

Brussels was discussed on the other thread - for Goats Head Soup release and elsewhere.
[iorr.org]
Bootlegs like 'Heading For An Overload' are sourced from the 1st (afternoon( show. They share 3 tracks with official release - Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, Street Fighting Man. Also solo from All Down The Line from the 1st show is implanted into the track from the 2nd (evening) show. The rest of the official release came from the 2nd show.

My 'Heading For An Overload' had two shows, with the liner notes claiming both were from Brussels. The usual BA and another one in way poorer quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-08 14:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 8, 2020 15:17

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
timbernardis

plexi

[iorr.org]

My 'Heading For An Overload' had two shows, with the liner notes claiming both were from Brussels. The usual BA and another one in way poorer quality.

The notes and track listing were messed up for Heading For An Overload. The track list for CD1 is actually for CD2 and JJF is listed instead of All Down The Line on the set list that begins with Gimme Shelter. The only track marked correctly is the KBFH interview on CD2.
Also, it was re-broadcast of the same 1st (afternoon) show but not 1st and 2nd show.
CD1 is Broadcast #2, November 24, 1974 = "Bedspring Symphony" on TAKRL. Source: Reel-to-reel tape
CD2 is Broadcast #1, September 29, 1974 = "The Rolling Stones: European Tour 1973" on Trade Mark of Quality. Source: LP

Previously the 2nd show in audience quality was available on OBR 458 CD 030 Back To The Graveyard and DAC-113 Back To The Graveyard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-08 16:58 by ironbelly.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 9, 2020 04:34

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 05:10 by schillid.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 9, 2020 15:33

schillid

Very cool! Among your best work!

Date: August 9, 2020 15:43

The Rolling Stones – From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24 + 26 + Bonus

Label: Rolling Stones Records ?– GQBS-90271-3, Ward Records ?– GQBS-90271-3
Format: 3 × DVD, DVD-Video, Album, Limited Edition
Released: 31 Mar 2017

Tracklist
Feb. 24, 1990

1-1 Intro: Continental Drift
1-2 Start Me Up
1-3 Bitch
1-4 Sad Sad Sad
1-5 The Harlem Shuffle
1-6 Tumbling Dice
1-7 Miss You
1-8 Ruby Tuesday
1-9 Almost Hear You Sigh
1-10 Rock And A Hard Place
1-11 Mixed Emotions
1-12 Honky Tonk Women
1-13 Midnight Rambler
1-14 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
1-15 Can’t Be Seen
1-16 Happy
1-17 Paint It Black
1-18 20,000 Light Years From Home
1-19 Sympathy For The Devil
1-20 Gimme Shelter
1-21 It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll
1-22 Brown Sugar
1-23 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
1-24 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

Feb. 26, 1990

2-1 Intro: Continental Drift
2-2 Start Me Up
2-3 Bitch
2-4 Sad Sad Sad
2-5 The Harlem Shuffle
2-6 Tumbling Dice
2-7 Miss You
2-8 Ruby Tuesday
2-9 Almost Hear You Sigh
2-10 Rock And A Hard Place
2-11 Mixed Emotions
2-12 Honky Tonk Women
2-13 Midnight Rambler
2-14 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
2-15 Can’t Be Seen
2-16 Happy
2-17 Paint It Black
2-18 20,000 Light Years From Home
2-19 Sympathy For The Devil
2-20 Gimme Shelter
2-21 It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll
2-22 Brown Sugar
2-23 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
2-24 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

3-1 Some Footage Of Them Arriving At The Airport In Tokyo 1990

[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 15:46 by exilestones.

Date: August 9, 2020 15:51

The Rolling Stones – From The Vault Extra - Live in Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24

Label: Ward Records – GQBS-90274~6, Rolling Stones Records ?– GQBS-90274~6
Format: DVD, DVD-Video, Limited Edition
2 × CD, Album, Limited Edition
Released: 31 Mar 2017

Tracklist
DVD1 Intro: Continental Drift
DVD2 Start Me Up
DVD3 Bitch
DVD4 Sad Sad Sad
DVD5 The Harlem Shuffle
DVD6 Tumbling Dice
DVD7 Miss You
DVD8 Ruby Tuesday
DVD9 Almost Hear You Sigh
DVD10 Rock And A Hard Place
DVD11 Mixed Emotions
DVD12 Honky Tonk Women
DVD13 Midnight Rambler
DVD14 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
DVD15 Can’t Be Seen
DVD16 Happy
DVD17 Paint It Black
DVD18 20,000 Light Years From Home
DVD19 Sympathy For The Devil
DVD20 Gimme Shelter
DVD21 It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll
DVD22 Brown Sugar
DVD23 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
DVD24 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

CD1-1 Intro: Continental Drift
CD1-2 Start Me Up
CD1-3 Bitch
CD1-4 Sad Sad Sad
CD1-5 The Harlem Shuffle
CD1-6 Tumbling Dice
CD1-7 Miss You
CD1-8 Ruby Tuesday
CD1-9 Almost Hear You Sigh
CD1-10 Rock And A Hard Place
CD1-11 Mixed Emotions
CD1-12 Honky Tonk Women
CD1-13 Midnight Rambler

CD2-1 You Can’t Always Get What You Want
CD2-2 Can’t Be Seen
CD2-3 Happy
CD2-4 Paint It Black
CD2-5 20,000 Light Years From Home
CD2-6 Sympathy For The Devil
CD2-7 Gimme Shelter
CD2-8 It’s Only Rock ’n’ Roll
CD2-9 Brown Sugar
CD2-10 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
CD2-11 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 15:56 by exilestones.

Date: August 9, 2020 16:16

THE ROLLING STONES 200set LIMITED BOX DVD + 2CD + 3LP

February 24th

DVD REGION CODE 2

Item number WRDZZ-531

Contents:

DVD

01. (Intro) Continental Drift

02. Start Me Up

03. Bitch

04. Sad Sad Sad

05. Harlem Shuffle

06. Tumbling Dice

07. Miss You

08. Ruby Tuesday

09. Almost Hear You Sigh

10. Rock And A Hard Place

11. Mixed Emotions

12. Honky Tonk Woman

13. Midnight Rambler

14. You Can't Always Get What You Want

15. Can’t Be Seen

16. Happy

17. Paint It Black

18. 2000 Light Years From Home

19. Sympathy For The Devil

20. Gimme Shelter

21. It's Only Rock'n Roll

22. Brown Sugar

23. Satisfaction

24. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

?CD Disc1?

02. Start Me Up

03. Bitch

04. Sad Sad Sad

05. Harlem Shuffle

06. Tumbling Dice

07. Miss You

08. Ruby Tuesday

09. Almost Hear You Sigh

10. Rock And A Hard Place

11. Mixed Emotions

12. Honky Tonk Woman

13. Midnight Rambler

?CD Disc2?

1. You Can't Always Get What You Want

2. Can’t Be Seen

3. Happy

4. Paint It Black

5. 2000 Light Years From Home

6. Sympathy For The Devil

7. Gimme Shelter

8. It's Only Rock'n Roll

9. Brown Sugar

10. Satisfaction

11. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

LP 1 - SIDE A

02. Start Me Up

03. Bitch

04. Sad Sad Sad

05. Harlem Shuffle

06. Tumbling Dice

?LP 1 - SIDE B?

01. Miss You

02. Ruby Tuesday

03. Almost Hear You Sigh

04. Rock And A Hard Place
?LP 2 - SIDE C?

01. Mixed Emotions

02. Honky Tonk Woman

03. Midnight Rambler

?LP 2 - SIDE D]

01. You Can't Always Get What You Want

02. Can’t Be Seen

03. Happy

04. Paint It Black

?LP 3 - SIDE E?

01. 2000 Light Years From Home

02. Sympathy For The Devil

03. Gimme Shelter

[LP 4 - SIDE F]

01. It's Only Rock'n Roll

02. Brown Sugar

03. Satisfaction

04. Jumpin’ Jack Flash

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 16:32 by exilestones.

Date: August 10, 2020 00:57

Label:Rolling Stones Records – GQBS-90059-2, Ward Records – GQBS-90059-2, Eagle Vision – GQBS-90059-2, Universal Music Group – GQBS-90059-2
Series: Rolling Stones From The Vault –
Format: 2 × CD, Album, 2 × DVD, DVD-Video, Multichannel, NTSC, Region 2
Released: 14 Oct 2015

Recorded live at the Tokyo Dome, February 26, 1990

DVD2 filmed at Narita Airport, Tokyo, February 5 and February 6, 1990.

Tracklist
DVD-1 Continental Drift
DVD1-2 Start Me Up
DVD1-3 Bitch
DVD1-4 Sad Sad Sad
DVD1-5 The Harlem Shuffle
DVD1-6 Tumbling Dice
DVD1-7 Miss You
DVD1-8 Ruby Tuesday
DVD1-9 Almost Hear You Sigh
DVD1-10 Rock And A Hard Place
DVD1-11 Mixed Emotions
DVD1-12 Honky Tonk Women
DVD1-13 Midnight Rambler
DVD1-14 You Can't Always Get What You Want
DVD1-15 Can't Be Seen
DVD1-16 Happy
DVD1-17 Paint It Black
DVD1-18 2000 Light Years From Home
DVD1-19 Sympathy For The Devil
DVD1-20 Gimme Shelter
DVD1-21 It's Only Rock 'N Roll
DVD-22 Brown Sugar
DVD1-23 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
DVD1-24 Jumpin' Jack Flash

DVD2-1 Footage Of The Rolling Stones Arriving In Japan

CD1-1 Continental Drift
CD1-2 Start Me Up
CD1-3 Bitch
CD1-4 Sad Sad Sad
CD1-5 The Harlem Shuffle
CD1-6 Tumbling Dice
CD1-7 Miss You
CD1-8 Ruby Tuesday
CD1-9 Almost Hear You Sigh
CD1-10 Rock And A Hard Place
CD1-11 Mixed Emotions
CD1-12 Honky Tonk Women
CD1-13 Midnight Rambler
CD1-14 You Can't Always Get What You Want

CD2-1 Can't Be Seen
CD2-2 Happy
CD2-3 Paint It Black
CD2-4 2000 Light Years From Home
CD2-5 Sympathy For The Devil
CD2-6 Gimme Shelter
CD2-7 It's Only Rock 'N Roll
CD2-8 Brown Sugar
CD2-9 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
CD2-10 Jumpin' Jack Flash

Companies, etc.
Licensed From – Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd.
Manufactured By – Ward Records, Inc.
Distributed By – Sony Music Marketing Inc.
Phonographic Copyright (p) – Promotone B.V.
Copyright (c) – Promotone B.V.
Recorded At – Tokyo Dome
Filmed At – Tokyo Dome

Credits
Backing Vocals – Cindy Mizelle, Lisa Fischer
Backing Vocals, Percussion – Bernard Fowler
Bass Guitar – Bill Wyman
Drums – Charlie Watts
Guitar, Backing Vocals – Ronnie Wood*
Guitar, Vocals – Keith Richards
Horns – The Uptown Horns*
Keyboards, Backing Vocals – Chuck Leavell
Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Percussion, French Horn – Matt Clifford
Mixed By – Bob Clearmountain, Brandon Duncan
Photography By – Mikio Ariga
Vocals, Guitar – Mick Jagger

[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 00:58 by exilestones.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: August 10, 2020 18:46

Is one performance (Tokyo) better then the other or splitting hairs?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:41

I have a boot with a Tiger on it. Is the same gig or another? Sound quality: Better or worse than Atlantic City? Or the same?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:52

Is see now they are not the same. My boot is from 1990-02-24 the other one from 1990-02-26.

Date: August 10, 2020 22:53

PalaisRoyale
Is one performance (Tokyo) better then the other or splitting hairs?
[iorr.org]
Video portion on 24.02.1990 was not restored. So the quality of video is Very Good to Excellent VHS. Restored 26.02.1990 is much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 22:56 by ironbelly.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:35

Thanks for replying. Do the stones deliver a better performance in either of the shows as the set lists are identical.

Date: August 10, 2020 23:39

PalaisRoyale
Thanks for replying. Do the stones deliver a better performance in either of the shows as the set lists are identical.
Did not watch those shows for awhile. As far as I remember they were marginally different.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home